Aug 22, 2019, 07:32 PM
The "Rudy "of RC
Thread OP
Discussion

A little help with a big twin

Got beautiful twin on a trade and don't really know what it is. Has about 10 flights from a huge plane. Swings a 2610 and tons of compression. The CH ignition module is not in the picture. Anybody know some specs on this? Much appreciated...
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2019, 06:23 AM
It's another case of someone taking readily available cylinder/piston assemblies and machining a case and crank to fit them. Some small companies like HHT did this as well as home hobbiests. Due to the fine machine work I believe this was an actual produced model and not a hobby. HHT cylinders and such are replaceable with "pit bike" parts on ebay. Due to these extra blocked off intake ports on yours it's a different set but still likely available if needed. Crankcase parts are likely long gone though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/44mm-Cylind...r/262705169430
Last edited by KMatch; Aug 23, 2019 at 06:29 AM.
Aug 23, 2019, 06:29 AM
Several businesses and companies made airplane engines, by machining new crankcases for cylinders and parts from existing engines. It is difficult to identify an actual company that made it as so many had done it. Unless had they left identifying marks on the engine somewhere.
Latest blog entry: yes I still fly airplanes too
Aug 23, 2019, 07:29 AM
The "Rudy "of RC
Thread OP
Hey guys. I kinda thought that. The crankcase is polished aluminum that looks like it was not hard to make with the reed valve and a bigger walbro carburetor mounted between the 2 cylinders. It looks like it would be in the 80-90 cc range and is almost scary when it's running as I have always been a smaller glow guy in the .40.

Thanks for your help...

Quick Reply