Thread Tools
Aug 22, 2019, 07:20 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Cyberdactyl's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

Bewildered Journalist Tries to Buy Gun at Walmart


"It's not like buying panty hose?"

https://www.businessinsider.com/walm...a-store-2019-8

Last edited by Cyberdactyl; Aug 22, 2019 at 07:26 PM.
Aug 22, 2019, 07:28 PM
ǝpoɔ ,uᴉsn ur,ǝpoɔ ,uᴉsn ǝɹ,ǝʍ
SKYPILEIT's Avatar
Great article/post. this provides evidence our laws do work.

Not everyone/anyone can walk into Walmart or gs and walk out with anything they want.
Aug 22, 2019, 07:31 PM
that's gonna hurt...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT
Great article/post. this provides evidence our laws do work.

Not everyone/anyone can walk into Walmart or gs and walk out with anything they want.
Yes, I heard you need an ID card to buy groceries as well......
Aug 22, 2019, 07:46 PM
Registered User
mikefast's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis01
Yes, I heard you need an ID card to buy groceries as well......
I suppose that could be true for California, but it's not the case here in Texas.
Aug 22, 2019, 08:45 PM
The QuadFather
propflux01's Avatar
Alittle further down the article, another interesting read.

https://www.businessinsider.com/libe...onservatives-1
Aug 22, 2019, 08:49 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast
I suppose that could be true for California, but it's not the case here in Texas.
Yeah sure. Just like illegal immigrants vote… which they don't.
Aug 22, 2019, 08:51 PM
that's gonna hurt...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast
I suppose that could be true for California, but it's not the case here in Texas.
Trump Says You Need an ID to Buy Groceries. Shoppers Say, ‘Huh?’


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/01/u...groceries.html
Aug 22, 2019, 08:56 PM
Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Cyberdactyl's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
Alittle further down the article, another interesting read.

https://www.businessinsider.com/libe...onservatives-1
As I've said elsewhere at LTUP it always creeps me out a bit when I see an adult male, for all outward appearances seems 'normal' . . . to learn one or a combination of three things.

They can't swim at all. Would literally drown in 8 feet of still water.
Throws a ball like a girl.
Can't ride a bicycle.

I won't include what's below as a forth, but it's awfully tempting.

"Before moving to Hall County, I had never in my entire life, beyond cops, been in the vicinity of a handgun, much less shot one. My editors, on the other hand, were so shocked that I had never pulled the trigger of a firearm that they insisted I do just that for a story."
Aug 22, 2019, 11:18 PM
Sharing lunch with Jonesy.
RCWorks's Avatar
I know where 2 Walmarts that sell guns and ammo are. Getting a gun out of a Walmart is like buying one anywhere else...

You bring money and your valid I.D.
You fill out the background check and wait for a call yo come get your gun.

Only a "journalist" would have a problem with a simple process.

Her first problem was she never had an interest so she did not know which store stocked guns and ammo.
Her second problem was invalid I.D.
Her third problem was more of her life long disinterest in guns... Not knowing who the FFL holders were. They keep regular days.

At $159 I can tell you she was looking at a Ruger 10/22.

Had she gone to a gun store she would still be emptyhanded, yet more lost in the selection.
Latest blog entry: Jonesy's mausoleum
Aug 23, 2019, 02:27 AM
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl
As I've said elsewhere at LTUP it always creeps me out a bit when I see an adult male, for all outward appearances seems 'normal' . . . to learn one or a combination of three things.

They can't swim at all. Would literally drown in 8 feet of still water.
Throws a ball like a girl.
Can't ride a bicycle.

I won't include what's below as a forth, but it's awfully tempting.

"Before moving to Hall County, I had never in my entire life, beyond cops, been in the vicinity of a handgun, much less shot one. My editors, on the other hand, were so shocked that I had never pulled the trigger of a firearm that they insisted I do just that for a story."
Ok,I’ll see your forth and raise you a Firth
Aug 23, 2019, 04:01 AM
Wingman
WarlordATF's Avatar
Last Firearm i purchased was a .22 Mossberg 715T, It took over 4 hours before the purchase was complete and an employee walked the weapon out to my car and put it in the Trunk for me. Walmart is the last place i'd buy a firearm in a hurry!
Aug 23, 2019, 05:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis01
Yes, I heard you need an ID card to buy groceries as well......
How about an FBI background check? Do you need one of those for celery or aftershave?
Aug 23, 2019, 05:41 AM
The QuadFather
propflux01's Avatar
Quote:

"Before moving to Hall County, I had never in my entire life, beyond cops, been in the vicinity of a handgun, much less shot one. My editors, on the other hand, were so shocked that I had never pulled the trigger of a firearm that they insisted I do just that for a story."
Yeah, but its like having sex for the first time...She liked it.
Aug 23, 2019, 09:13 AM
You know nothing....
Stuart A's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflux01
Yeah, but its like having sex for the first time...She liked it.
A lot depends on bore and length.
Aug 23, 2019, 09:31 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl
As I've said elsewhere at LTUP it always creeps me out a bit when I see an adult male, for all outward appearances seems 'normal' . . . to learn one or a combination of three things.

They can't swim at all. Would literally drown in 8 feet of still water.
Throws a ball like a girl.
Can't ride a bicycle.

I won't include what's below as a forth, but it's awfully tempting.


"Before moving to Hall County, I had never in my entire life, beyond cops, been in the vicinity of a handgun, much less shot one. My editors, on the other hand, were so shocked that I had never pulled the trigger of a firearm that they insisted I do just that for a story."
Knowing the difference between forth and fourth should be the 'forth' one.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Good guy with a gun at Walmart supercruise Life, The Universe, and Politics 39 Aug 10, 2019 06:02 PM
Discussion Man tries to buy child at walmart dll932 Life, The Universe, and Politics 10 Oct 02, 2018 07:29 PM
Discussion Suspect in Flint, MI police stabbing tried to buy a gun DenverJayhawk Life, The Universe, and Politics 7 Jun 22, 2017 05:16 PM
Discussion If I buy my 7 yr old an AirHogs AC at Walmart do I have to register it now? Kilo60 Model Aircraft & Drone Advocacy 29 May 07, 2016 11:29 AM
New Product Want RTF VTOL? Buy it at your local Target Walmart toy store! shschon VTOLs 16 Jan 14, 2016 01:36 PM