Aug 22, 2019, 12:53 PM
Thread OP
Suggestion

Appeal - Horizon electric warbird thread

The point I got for the following post:

"Naa.. I just like value for money. Not ashamed of that... We're all throwing it away in this hobby, and I anyway want the most I can get for a buck. If HK offers (in many if not most cases, in those areas of RC which interest me most) the best value, then I will buy from them. I do occasionally buy a Horizon plane when on a rare sale, as I recently did with a backup F-27. I would never pay 270 for a 1200mm warbird in a million years though...(not to mention the 30ish to add to that for a new ESC....)

If I can get a better lipo (for ex.) for a cheaper price from HK, then I'll buy from HK. Pure common sense. With Horizon you're paying more for less. That's pretty much what overpriced means. "

... is totally ludicrous.

I am not trolling. I am participating in a conversation about Horizon and pricing - which was brought up before. The guy in the thread tried to bark at anybody who has a different opinion as if he alone is the sole arbiter of what is what in RC. This, last I checked, is a forum for exchanging opinions. And I did just that, with no trolling and no personal attacks.

Or what, is Horizon handing out points directly now if you dare to criticize them?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 01:18 PM
RCG Admin
Please reply with a link to a warned post you want to appeal and I’ll get it started.
Aug 22, 2019, 01:30 PM
Thread OP
Don't know how to link them, as they have been removed. There were several - all sober and legitimate.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...r-2019/page147

What, I get points because turboparker barks at anybody that they are no longer allowed to discuss pricing - an integral aspect of any product, and in particular in this hobby?
Aug 22, 2019, 01:51 PM
RCG Admin
Points are giving for posts that break the site rules. I'll grab the link on one of those and start an appeal on it for you. For more info on the appeal process, see this thread.

Link - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2192
Warning - Trolling (Obnoxious behavior)
Aug 23, 2019, 12:43 AM
Thread OP
Discussing price is not trolling. And some hothead blurting out that it is does not make it so.
Aug 25, 2019, 11:58 AM
Thread OP
And?
Aug 31, 2019, 01:33 AM
Thread OP
I still want to challenge all those points from that discussion. They were entirely legitimate. Unless of course we have gotten to a point where saying anything critical about Horizon is grounds for a point. I have seen other people also make critical points recently in that same thread and nothing happened to them. Should I report them?
Sep 02, 2019, 09:25 AM
Thread OP
Sep 02, 2019, 10:01 AM
Admin Deluxe
Based on the post alone I do not see any rules being broken. The point will be removed.

Quick Reply