Thread Tools
Aug 22, 2019, 01:45 PM
Gravity-Compliant User
Zaurak3's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider53
Trump does not control the budget, congress does, mostly the house. All Trump can do is to veto their spending bill(s), and if he does that it "shuts down" the government, then you wold scream bloody murder because "Trump shut the government down!"
And, what about his tax cuts, his border wall, his tariffs? They all add to the debt...
Aug 22, 2019, 03:10 PM
I'd rather be Flying
davecee's Avatar
And of course.

Vote for Me - Joe Walsh (4 min 22 sec)
Aug 23, 2019, 02:30 AM
Zero Expo
typeRA's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak3
And, what about his tax cuts, his border wall, his tariffs? They all add to the debt...
Increasing one kind of tax and decreasing another both add to the debt?

Joe Walsh - In the City (3 min 43 sec)
Aug 23, 2019, 06:04 AM
Registered User
Sherlock's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock
Mostly the house, lol The Democrats only recently won back the house. Whatís your excuse for the Obama years reoubs controled both houses and the beginning of trumps presidency?
Crickets. Shocked.
Aug 23, 2019, 06:45 AM
One more flight...
CashD's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak3
And, what about his tax cuts, his border wall, his tariffs? They all add to the debt...
Tax cuts do not add to the debt. Spending adds to the debt

Tariffs do not add to the debt. (Foolish subsidies add to the debt)

Spending adds to the debt. American taxpayers keeping their income does not add to the debt.

Itís like putting money into a 401k. Youíre debt did not go up, but you may have to adjust youíre spending down to help with a better future.
Aug 23, 2019, 08:12 AM
Registered User
AA5BY's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashD
Tax cuts do not add to the debt. Spending adds to the debt

Tariffs do not add to the debt. (Foolish subsidies add to the debt)

Spending adds to the debt. American taxpayers keeping their income does not add to the debt.

Itís like putting money into a 401k. Youíre debt did not go up, but you may have to adjust youíre spending down to help with a better future.
Tax cuts without corresponding spending cuts... absolutely add to debt.

Tariffs reduce commerce and slow the economy... export tariffs reduce jobs and thus reduce taxes and thus add to the debt. Import tariffs make products cost more thus limiting the number of purchases and thus again... reduce commerce and increase debt.
Aug 23, 2019, 08:58 AM
One more flight...
CashD's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
Tax cuts without corresponding spending cuts... absolutely add to debt.

Tariffs reduce commerce and slow the economy... export tariffs reduce jobs and thus reduce taxes and thus add to the debt. Import tariffs make products cost more thus limiting the number of purchases and thus again... reduce commerce and increase debt.
No, tax cuts do not add to the deficit. Spending does. It’s time people recognize that false leftist mantra for what it is; an absolute lie.

I’m not even going to bother with your tarrif failure. One has to understand that spending increasing debt first.
Aug 23, 2019, 10:57 AM
Registered User
AA5BY's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
Tax cuts without corresponding spending cuts... absolutely add to debt.

Tariffs reduce commerce and slow the economy... export tariffs reduce jobs and thus reduce taxes and thus add to the debt. Import tariffs make products cost more thus limiting the number of purchases and thus again... reduce commerce and increase debt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashD
No, tax cuts do not add to the deficit. Spending does. Itís time people recognize that false leftist mantra for what it is; an absolute lie.

Iím not even going to bother with your tarrif failure. One has to understand that spending increasing debt first.
And... I'm not going to bother responding further when you only ready half of the words, and ignore the conditioning words.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:02 AM
One more flight...
CashD's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
And... I'm not going to bother responding further when you only ready half of the words, and ignore the conditioning words.
Good, because your “conditioning words” don’t change the falsehood.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:29 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashD
No, tax cuts do not add to the deficit. Spending does. Itís time people recognize that false leftist mantra for what it is; an absolute lie.

Iím not even going to bother with your tarrif failure. One has to understand that spending increasing debt first.
Income - expenses = surplus/deficit. Clearly there are two independent variables in that equation.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:39 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
Zaurak3's Avatar
No need to question - the effect on the debt by the tax cut is documented.

And, yes, tariffs can also add to the deficit when they create government `bailouts' to affected groups.
Aug 25, 2019, 09:54 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
Zaurak3's Avatar

Walsh Announcement


It's official...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/excl...ry?id=65122073

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...lenge-to-trump
Last edited by Zaurak3; Aug 25, 2019 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Added link
Aug 25, 2019, 05:58 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
And... I'm not going to bother responding further when you only ready half of the words, and ignore the conditioning words.
Ya can't cure stupid.........................
Aug 25, 2019, 06:27 PM
The QuadFather
propflux01's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
And... I'm not going to bother responding further when you only ready half of the words, and ignore the conditioning words.
Well, I found some verb conditioner, but cant find any for the other syntactic categories
Aug 25, 2019, 06:38 PM
Registered User
Broken Wings's Avatar
He's not orange and his hair looks real.....that's good.....


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alert TOM CRUISE 2020 - RUN TOM RUN (Presidential Campaign Announcement) DrFesterpus Life, The Universe, and Politics 25 Aug 18, 2019 06:08 AM
Discussion Bill de Blasio expected to announce presidential bid next week kenpoprofessor Life, The Universe, and Politics 4 May 03, 2019 11:37 PM
Discussion Elizabeth Warren makes big move toward 2020 presidential run DrFesterpus Life, The Universe, and Politics 59 Jan 08, 2019 05:27 AM
Discussion Joe Nixes Presidential run Dave Barrow Life, The Universe, and Politics 23 Oct 22, 2015 04:36 PM