This thread is privately moderated by CKD315, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 21, 2019, 09:00 PM
Really, I meant to do that...
Thread OP
Gallery

Hangar 9 P-47 "Eileen"

I know you think I'm likely talking about the Top Flite P-47 Eileen. but this is an older H9 P-47 painted and detailed as the Eileen scheme. I picked this up last month from a fellow rcg'er in South Florida along with a nice GP Stearman.

They both had gas engines which were replaced with electric set-ups. The P-47 has an Axi 4130/20 with a Castle 90a esc on a 6s 5000 lipo. I was able to cut a hatch and make a tray that allows the lipo to go all the way forward up to the firewall and just balances the plane. The prop is a 17x8 and I'm ordering a prop nut for it this evening, to replace the one which was on the OS .91 and doesn't fit my Axi...

This was the fourth time flying it and it feels much more easier than the previous few flights. It didn't need much initial trim and seems to handle very well so far, just like people have said about this plane. Landings are easy and the gear has been solid far.

I'm usually the last person to fly the field in the evening, so I got the chance to do some photos out on the runway. I've been wanting this plane for a good while and am glad to have it. Thanks Rob, I promise I'll get the Stearman together soon...
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply