Aug 21, 2019, 09:01 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Battery question from IA

Hello, I am from Iowa and new to RC Planes and this Web site. I have found a lot of valuable info on this site which has been a big help getting into this hobby. I have a 1100mm Volantex Ranger G2 and just purchased the new 1400mm Volantex Trainstar Ascent. I have a basic battery question that I am unable to find the answer to. I am having trouble determining the best battery to use for the Volantex Ascent. There's not much available info on the Ascent. Right now I am using a 3S 2200mah 25C lipo battery, which is recommended. The motor is a 4023/1050KV and it has a 40A ESC. I can get 8 minutes of flight time before landing the plane at battery storage voltage. The alarm on my Flysky voltage sensor is set to 3.6V per cell and the alarm goes off every time I go full throttle, even on initial take-off.

Does anyone have a better battery recommendation for me? MAHs? 3S or 4S? I would like to get a longer flight time but more importantly have enough power for some basic aerobatics. I don't know a lot about batteries yet and I don't want to burn up my ESC or motor.

Thanks,
Dana
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 04:13 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
I found a review in the Bangood forum in the Vendors section ---

Volantex TrainStar Ascent 747-8 1400mm Wingspan EPO Trainer Aircraft RC Airplane KIT

Hope that helps.
Aug 22, 2019, 07:06 AM
Hi Dana, That's just normal voltage sag all depends on the quality of the battery. Being your getting 8 minutes of flight time sounds like a good set up when you check voltage after a flight just be sure not to be below 3.8 volts per cell. When you land is your battery hot to the touch or puffy also is your ESC hot to the touch warm is OK. If this all checks out see if you can lower the battery alarm to 3.0 volts per cell then if it goes off the battery is probably getting a little tired. Also their are batterys of the same size in the 2600 to 2800 MAH range that would extend your flight times a little more if needed. Motion RC has some excellent batteries at very reasonable prices check them out. Take care Yogi
Aug 25, 2019, 10:52 AM
Thread OP
Thank you for the replies. That's good advice. I will try those things and possibly a larger battery.

Quick Reply