Aug 23, 2019, 01:26 PM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
All is not lost, another deal on the horizon
https://newsthump.com/2019/08/23/don...-middle-earth/
And in case this fail there is that!
https://newsthump.com/2019/08/22/isl...ncy-buying-it/
Sorry, the Isle Of White(?) is off the table!

We don't want Dim Dumb Don anywhere near us!
Aug 23, 2019, 01:50 PM
You know nothing....
Maybe he’d be interested in this one.Even comes with a Trump lookalike WHITE pony.
http://www.isleofmuck.com/
Aug 23, 2019, 01:53 PM
Official Old Git!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart A
Maybe heíd be interested in this one.Even comes with a Trump lookalike WHITE pony.
http://www.isleofmuck.com/
Hmmmm... on one hand I think 'OK' - as he even speaks the language of Muck, but on the other hand... I don't think we should inflict his level of moronicity of the islanders!!!
Aug 23, 2019, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8madness
A theory not based in reality. In no universe is Trump a "holy warrior". By your own admission you left the church 20+ years ago and are still bitter about it. I've been to at least a dozen southern baptist churches across Texas over the past 30 years, and have yet to hear the language you claim. I don't dispute you heard that once, but it was an extremely isolated incident.

One thing you're right about, Trump is a response to the liberal BS and PC crap the left has been pushing for the past decade.

Had the democrats run anyone but Hillary/Warren/Sanders, Trump would have lost, faded away and become nothing more than a footnote in Republican history.
Trump hasn't one iota of Christian virtue... he is an opportunist, he knows how to tap into religious fervor and other divisive issues. Forget Trump... he is only an opportunist for a short segment of time.... the longer term issues of the American divide are anti intellectualism, compassion quotient, multiculturalism, globalization, decline of religion, regional economics, and corporate and personal greed.
Aug 23, 2019, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKEMFNRG
By any means? These days it doesn't go over well in some places.
Obtained legitimately. One such example is if you were attacked by an enemy, you won the war, and now have say over Territory seized.
Aug 23, 2019, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda466
It is strange times indeed in the Republican Party. And I think the party did this to themselves. Many years back they adopted the strategy of using anger and outrage to energize their base. They became the angry, anti-government, anti-politician party. And along with their marketing department, Fox News, they were very effective in creating an outraged mob. And then along came an outsider who understood better than the party itself how to appeal to the angry mob they had created. The outsider saw that he could turn the mob against any party members who opposed him. Itís kind of like Dr Frankenstein who lost control of his own creation. I donít know where the GOP goes next, but it is clear that the R base is all-in with people like Trump and Gomer.
In my reading today, I came across this today. Mike Sommers was Speaker John Boehner's chief of staff and after Boehner quit... Sommers sized up Boehners term as speaker by saying, "We fed the beast that ate us."
Aug 23, 2019, 04:36 PM
Official Old Git!
I'll leave this here - for all to chuckle over...

Aug 23, 2019, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
Trump hasn't one iota of Christian virtue... he is an opportunist, he knows how to tap into religious fervor and other divisive issues. Forget Trump... he is only an opportunist for a short segment of time.... the longer term issues of the American divide are anti intellectualism, compassion quotient, multiculturalism, globalization, decline of religion, regional economics, and corporate and personal greed.

Well said.
Aug 23, 2019, 04:43 PM
Old Timer
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerjohn
Well said.
If you believe crap is tasty.
Aug 23, 2019, 04:53 PM
------
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Condor
If you believe crap is tasty.
Condors likes well seasoned meat
Aug 23, 2019, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA5BY
In my reading today, I came across this today. Mike Sommers was Speaker John Boehner's chief of staff and after Boehner quit... Sommers sized up Boehners term as speaker by saying, "We fed the beast that ate us."
Yep. And where will the beast turn post-trump? I have no idea.
Aug 23, 2019, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coriolan
Condors likes well seasoned meat
Strange as it may seem, raptors (which includes vultures, which includes condors) prefer dead meat/fish which doesn't fight back or try to escape. Even Bald Eagles prefer dead fish as easy catch floating on the water. Week/s-old dead animals lay in raptor nests which the hatchlings slowly devour (or each other so that the biggest and most aggressive survive). And vultures will kill when hungry enough: last century a drought saw the vultures killing and eating cows in Florida.

These creatures have very strong digestive systems, minimal sense of smell and instead go by visual clues like color.
Aug 23, 2019, 06:09 PM
Trump won thanks to Obama.
Aug 23, 2019, 06:18 PM
------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda466
Yep. And where will the beast turn post-trump? I have no idea.
Eventually they always turn upon each other like rabid dogs!
Aug 23, 2019, 10:34 PM
Free my speech
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoMan
Obtained legitimately. One such example is if you were attacked by an enemy, you won the war, and now have say over Territory seized.
For over a century, War is a racket. These days it's pretty hard to justify this anymore.

Quick Reply