Aug 20, 2019, 03:35 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Corsair f4U composite arf 30cc bash

Got this today, Im a gasser guy not electric. Seller said this was for gas, it is not. It is really built nice, fiberglass fuse, fiberglass middle wing section etc. the paint on it is really glossy, and the right color blue. Now for the bad, it is for electric(I was told gas) it is not the color scheme as advertised, it only has 2-flaps per wing not 3. Deciding to bash this arf or sell it. The wingspan is 74, the fuse 58. Not small at all, has wells for retracts but did not come w any. Looks lile I may have to repaint the fuse and cowel to get rid of the awful decals. Overall it has potential. Looks like a nice arf to bash, repaint, add sliding canopy, etc. it is a ESM knockoff, not bad but the price was ok.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2019, 05:02 PM
Thread OP
Got rid of the ugly decals and kept what I wanted. They are actually a type of paint decal. Acetone was the only thing that got them off, rubbed lightly then cleared where they were. Not the best clear but I plan on weathering a bit so it wont matter.
Aug 24, 2019, 09:20 PM
Thread OP
First thing on the build bash is to cut the other flap, two flaps on a Corsair is not going to cut it for me I need the three per wing. Marked my position w tape, and the bash begins.
Sep 08, 2019, 12:40 PM
Nice. What do you want to power it with ?

btw how can anyone put these graphics on such a nice plane...
Sep 09, 2019, 02:09 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
I will be following with interest...

I have always wanted a 30cc corsair. Would you mind telling me what the cowl diameter is, I want to try and shoehorn a Saito FG60 Radial into it...lol!

I looked at their website and it seems that they have another model with a more scale appearance, and without all those stupid decals.

Their website is linked to jp-retracts, and I know JP have a set of retracts for corsairs, not sure it will fit in this though..

Regards,
Andy
Sep 10, 2019, 01:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasek
Nice. What do you want to power it with ?

btw how can anyone put these graphics on such a nice plane...
decided to power with a DLE 55ra and have a20x10 3 blade prop, adding a retractable tail so id rather add engine weight than dead weight.
Sep 10, 2019, 02:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathurga

I have always wanted a 30cc corsair. Would you mind telling me what the cowl diameter is, I want to try and shoehorn a Saito FG60 Radial into it...lol!

I looked at their website and it seems that they have another model with a more scale appearance, and without all those stupid decals.

Their website is linked to jp-retracts, and I know JP have a set of retracts for corsairs, not sure it will fit in this though..

Regards,
Andy
the cowel is about 8 inch, i got a set of esm retracts from a member here and they fit perfect. I cut the third flap out, printed a nice dummy radial, using a retractable tail wheel, and found some servos that will fit in the horizontal stabilizer. posting pics of progress in a bit
Sep 10, 2019, 02:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Regards,
Andy
I didnt see a link for the retracts on the website, can you post it here?
Sep 10, 2019, 02:18 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
The ones from JP are this one...

http://www.hobby-china.com/jp-hobby-...ane-model.html

I tried mailling flyflyhobby from their website, seems the mail address is busted, so I dont know if these guys are still in business or not.

The guy you got the plane from, does he have a contact? Or where he got the plane from?
Sep 10, 2019, 02:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

I tried mailling flyflyhobby from their website, seems the mail address is busted, so I dont know if these guys are still in business or not.

The guy you got the plane from, does he have a contact? Or where he got the plane from?
I picked mine up from generalhobby.com. I know people have had issues but I never had with him. Hes close by and I pick my stuff up. The Corsair pictures on his website is the Jolly Roger but all he has is the dark blue.
Sep 10, 2019, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
If anyone is planning on building one, I designed some elevator servo mounts that will save a lot of frustration!
Sep 10, 2019, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Thanks for the link!
Sep 10, 2019, 02:47 PM
Thread OP
Printed radial for Corsair, need valve lifter tubes and wire, etc but wis going to look awesome!
Sep 10, 2019, 03:05 PM
teamwork, do it my way!
Cool Engine dummy....looks great, will look good with the tubes and the plugs/wires. Nicely done!

Ok, at 8", its too small for my FG60R3, so I guess thats me out! Enjoy the build, would like to see that done, so will be following along.
Sep 10, 2019, 06:37 PM
Quote:

Those are very nice ! Are there any nice oleos for those ? They also have a break controller option, any wheel/ brake combos ? Thanks

Quick Reply