Aug 26, 2019, 10:59 AM
Trader Rating: 229
Old newb
We have started threads. Note there is a sticky about not doing it.

Way at the beginning of this thread the no sympathy flag began to wave.

Threads like this give us bored people a venue to state and restate, ad naseum, the obvious.

We are truly Masters of the Obvious.

Now let me bring out the dead horse. We MUST flog it. Yes letís just keep flogging the dead horse.

I will leave it as an exercise for others to post the funny little dead horse pictures....
to remove ads between posts
Aug 26, 2019, 11:41 AM
Trader Rating: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony42603191
Typical "herd mentality" BS. You guys are unreal. Once one member starts with this nonsense then others think it is OK too. It is NOT. This thread was NOT started to discuss F&F payments.
Members who insist on harping on F&F payments should start your own thread and warn others if that makes you feel better. Anyone who puts others down for this and makes fun of them needs to take a good look at yourself in the mirror because you may have underlying issues causing you to act like this.
Very true. Imagine most of these guys are at least just barely old enough to have sent all their hobby classified payments by MO or check at one time, before once again a big corporation set the tone for how everyone is to operate, as if it is a new rule.

Problem here isn't Paypal gift.

I've made plenty of purchases with MO and wasn't ripped off. Now a well rated seller can indiscriminately single out a buyer for a sale and burn them with PP gift, and everyone thinks the problem is only that the buyer paid gift, and people will keep dealing with them. If they did that when people had to trust the seller using MOs versus putting their trust in Paypal, nobody would deal with them again. Could very well be another one of those deals where a seller feels they need to "pass on the beat" to redeem themselves, after they bought something to resell and discovered it was not functional as they thought. Again PP gift allows a seller to to do that, and be able to blow it off by letting the buyer get blamed for using gift. Couldn't pull that crap in the days where people had to put their trust in the seller, and not Paypal. They say you can't have it both ways, but apparently seller's can have it both ways when they occasionally burn people with gift sales, and then still have people believe they can trust them by using Paypal.
Aug 26, 2019, 11:55 AM
Trader Rating: 47
AMA 8855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony
Typical "herd mentality" BS. You guys are unreal. Once one member starts with this nonsense then others think it is OK too. It is NOT. This thread was NOT started to discuss F&F payments.
Members who insist on harping on F&F payments should start your own thread and warn others if that makes you feel better. Anyone who puts others down for this and makes fun of them needs to take a good look at yourself in the mirror because you may have underlying issues causing you to act like this.
What Tony said +1
TJE
Latest blog entry: Greyhound Express
Aug 26, 2019, 12:15 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
Give the OP a trophy for participating, and a hug for using PP FF.
Last edited by TheX; Aug 26, 2019 at 12:19 PM. Reason: pointless
Aug 26, 2019, 12:25 PM
Trader Rating: 22
Antiarf is right on the money. Think all this BS started was when Obozo was in office and the economy went down the toilet. I sold hundreds of items on RCU back when Bush was in office. All those sales were usually US Postal money orders. You hardly ever heard of anyone getting ripped on RCU or here when MO's were being exchanged. Then Obozo and paypal make the scene. Buyers then starting chiseling guys on items for sale plus they insisted on paypal for payment. Seller has to eat the fee so now let the games begin because sellers are mad and figure what the heck maybe they can get back at the buyer. Let's just end all this and go back to using MO's and the honor system. Wait, if I tell the buyer to use a MO I am labeled a scammer.
Aug 26, 2019, 01:03 PM
Old newb
The seller did a scummy thing. The buyer paid F&F.

Both are wrong. Both did the wrong thing.

All very obvious.

This thread was pointless from the beginning. Hence all the endless pointless comments.

There is a remedy or two for the buyer. A little research before posting saves time and bandwidth.

But, hey, letís keep the ball rolling anyway.......
Aug 26, 2019, 03:01 PM
Trader Rating: 76
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
Many times people come here after they get ripped looking for help, I'm sure everyone here is just eager to help except for a few maybe
Aug 26, 2019, 03:45 PM
Trader Rating: 22
Moral of the story is read the TT threads on how NOT to get ripped then people in here won't rip the ripped.
Aug 26, 2019, 05:20 PM
Trader Rating: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenkopf
Antiarf is right on the money. Think all this BS started was when Obozo was in office and the economy went down the toilet. I sold hundreds of items on RCU back when Bush was in office. All those sales were usually US Postal money orders. You hardly ever heard of anyone getting ripped on RCU or here when MO's were being exchanged. Then Obozo and paypal make the scene. Buyers then starting chiseling guys on items for sale plus they insisted on paypal for payment. Seller has to eat the fee so now let the games begin because sellers are mad and figure what the heck maybe they can get back at the buyer. Let's just end all this and go back to using MO's and the honor system. Wait, if I tell the buyer to use a MO I am labeled a scammer.
You made the point even better. Everyone now believes they need big business/financial system and big government to protect them. They trust them more than they trust the average person, who is far more trustworthy. As you were getting at also, it just temps the sellers who have also been burned themselves sometimes, to take advantage of the occasional buyer asking for gift and make up the difference.
Aug 26, 2019, 05:31 PM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
Looking at it from my viewpoint, I see where my insisting on Paypal Goods and Services protects both buyer and seller.- I'll take money orders, personal checks, and (gulp) cash... But Paypal offers us both a modicum of protection.
In this case, both parties may have lost a little, (I'm not sure about return shipping, anymore ) but the OP wouldn't be looking at a space in his wallet where money used to be.
"Not as advertised" still carries weight at Paypal.
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Aug 26, 2019, 08:20 PM
Old newb
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl
Looking at it from my viewpoint, I see where my insisting on Paypal Goods and Services protects both buyer and seller.- I'll take money orders, personal checks, and (gulp) cash... But Paypal offers us both a modicum of protection.
In this case, both parties may have lost a little, (I'm not sure about return shipping, anymore ) but the OP wouldn't be looking at a space in his wallet where money used to be.
"Not as advertised" still carries weight at Paypal.
Exactly.

The donít pay F&F thread is one of the few stickies right at the top.

If the seller does not want to pay fees, then just add the fees yourself. No big deal.

Then the seller must perform. Pretty simple.

This is just another chapter of Gullibleís Travels.
Aug 27, 2019, 08:07 AM
Trader Rating: 23
Thread OP
Lets see if we can clarify a few things...

This is not my first bird, I have owned a Phantom 4, a Phantom 2, I have built several FPV birds from scratch, I currently have a F550 in the house, so not knowing what I was doing is not the case. I am very familiar with the do's and dont's... In fact I currently have a Phantom 4 that I have taken apart to replace motors in.

I received the Mavic on 08-17-2019, I got to open it on Sunday 08-18-2019, it was shortly thereafter that I sent hadawayj a message about the gimbal (and other things), I clearly state that I removed the cover (which is also the gimbal lock in this case, it is not the original DJI cover, it is an aftermarket, the original was not included in the box)

Quote:
Hey Jessie,

Thanks for the quick reply, I looked online at what the gimbal lock was, and came up with a clear plastic piece that slides down behind the gimbal... that was not on it when I took it out of the bag, it only had the clear camera cover on it, which I removed before powering on... What should I be looking for?

Chris
I'm not sure why anyone thinks I tried to calibrate the gimbal with the gimbal lock in place. It was removed before I powered it on for the first time, it was removed because I was looking for the original gimbal lock that I figured would be behind it, but was not.

As of this morning, when the Mavic is powered on it stills shows a "gimbal motor overload" error. It only shows this error breifly and then it goes away, but it is still there.

Next up... the props. The pictures in first post are all prior to me flying the Mavic, if you open the original picture you can zoom in and see the part number on the prop. I had to google that part number to figure out that these were Mavic 2 props, I didn't know what they were, I just knew there had to be some reason they had made contact with the body (you can spin the motor by hand with the prop extended and easily see that it makes contact, this was found during the initial inspection during the "unboxing"). Someone stated that I put these on, that is not the case, the picture is an actual representation of the Mavic when it came out of the box. I had to go to BestBuy and buy the correct props, take a look at the receipt I attached, the date and time are near the top. I was not going to fly the Mavic with props that were making contact with the body, that would be dumb.

Now, in the very first PM, before money had been exchanged, this is what hadawayj had to say about the Mavic

Quote:
Hi
While I am not sure of the exact time, I know it has less than 5 hours on it. I sold this to a local club member and he traded it for a Mavic 2 Pro. Yes everything in the pictures plus the case.

Regards,
Jesse
So, this was "traded" in for a Mavic 2, did the previous owner put the Mavic 2 props on it? I don't know, I just know that they were on it when I took it out of the box and the damage to the body was there from someone flying it with the wrong props on it...

Now hadawayj also states that he didn't have a Mavic 2, but yet, he says it was traded for a Mavic 2. So....?

Quote from post #35

Quote:
...I have never had a Mavic 2 Pro here...
Onto the batteries, I have attached pictures that were taken this morning. The batteries still have 8 and 2 charges on them.

On 08-20-2019 hadawayj had not responded to the multiple PM's I had sent, it had been 2 days with no contact from him, I could see that he was online but he was ignoring me, it was clear that he was not going to accept a return (despite it still being unflown). So I decided to take it out and see if it would fly, I hovered it for about 3-4 mins at about 20 ft, I then landed and it has been sitting on my table ever since. It seemed to fly fine, the gimbal seemed to work alright. I never said it was "crippled", those are hadawayj's words in post #55.

As of this writing hadawayj still has not contacted me to offer any resolution, he has posted in this thread that he would give me a partial refund but seeing how is I did not contribute to any of the damage... I did not put the wrong props on it, and the batteries still have the same charges (that he agrees they shipped with) on them... I will not accept a partial refund. I will accept a full refund and I will ship it back to him. This is not the Mavic that was shown for sale, and I would not have paid 550.00 dollars for a Mavic with a gimbal error and body damage from the wrong props...
Last edited by drmalenko; Aug 27, 2019 at 08:35 AM.
Aug 27, 2019, 08:47 AM
Trader Rating: 305
-insert witty saying here-
Quote:
Antiarf is right on the money. Think all this BS started was when Obozo was in office and the economy went down the toilet. I sold hundreds of items on RCU back when Bush was in office.
Not sure exactly how "obozo" had anything to do with the Great Recession happening, when he didn't take office until 2009, and everything imploded long before then, under Bush.

Quote:
All those sales were usually US Postal money orders. You hardly ever heard of anyone getting ripped on RCU or here when MO's were being exchanged.
Yeah, I do remember plenty of people getting ripped off on RCU/RCOnline back when there were only MOs and checks. I personally lost around a $100 to a non-shipping seller.

Quote:
Then Obozo and paypal make the scene. Buyers then starting chiseling guys on items for sale plus they insisted on paypal for payment. Seller has to eat the fee so now let the games begin because sellers are mad and figure what the heck maybe they can get back at the buyer. Let's just end all this and go back to using MO's and the honor system. Wait, if I tell the buyer to use a MO I am labeled a scammer.
Paypal's been around since 1998, I've been using it since 2000. Sellers have always had to pay the fees.

...and all this has nothing to do with the issue between the OP and the seller......
Aug 27, 2019, 08:49 AM
Trader Rating: 4
Have you advised PayPal that a commercial seller used friends and family, or one who appears to be?
Aug 27, 2019, 11:46 AM
Trader Rating: 174
Not sure exactly how "obozo" had anything to do with the Great Recession happening, when he didn't take office until 2009, and everything imploded long before then, under Bush.

Yep In 2008 the Economy was already in shambles

Quick Reply