Aug 24, 2019, 01:43 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by City74
Shouldnít you post pics of the item sold, not have to post a disclaimer that whatís pictured isnít for sale?
Not yes but...HELL yes.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2019, 02:57 PM
Trader Rating: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX
Not yes but...HELL yes.
Yep...
Aug 24, 2019, 04:11 PM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair
All RIGHT ! 6 pages, and the OP still has a useless quad...and he doesn't have $600 to get another one with, now...

Fine job there, seller... You make us all so proud......
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Aug 24, 2019, 04:14 PM
Trader Rating: 4
And, your dog is nearsighted.
Last edited by Alopath; Aug 25, 2019 at 12:10 PM.
Aug 24, 2019, 06:04 PM
Trader Rating: 96
The "seller" and I use the term loosely, is just digging himself into a deeper hole. He should refund the buyer, change his selling tactics, apologize to the buyer and other here that he has belittled, and then try to move on. I wouldn't try selling anything else here for a while. Waste of your time and site space. Most prospective buyers search a sellers history and this is not helping yours.
Just my two cents worth. But then what do I know, right, that's what your thinking anyway, isn't it? Well, I know who I would not buy from, that's what I know.
Aug 24, 2019, 06:11 PM
Trader Rating: 323
Howdy Stan haven't seen you post lately hope your doing well.
Aug 24, 2019, 06:15 PM
Trader Rating: 35
The Mad Titan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopath
And, your dog is nearsighted.
Well, that may help explain why it packed the wrong item to send out
Aug 24, 2019, 10:10 PM
Trader Rating: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanbur
The "seller" and I use the term loosely, is just digging himself into a deeper hole.
You can go to China through it.
Aug 24, 2019, 10:49 PM
Trader Rating: 34
This thread is a mess lol.

My unsolicited 2cents worth is the buyer send the quad back, and receive a full refund.

Now if the buyer did indeed wreck it and cause damage, that’s a whole different issue. This is when PayPal G&S comes into play as the favor for the seller, but that is a moot point here since it wasn’t paid that way.

One thing I don’t understand is the $25 off discount for repeat buyers with F&F. At $575 the 3% PayPal takes is about $17, so the seller actually makes less money doing the $25 discount. Seems kind of fishy to do that, like he knows the product isn’t like it should be and hoped the buyer won’t be upset since they got a discount. But $25 off a $500+ purchase is nothing.
Aug 25, 2019, 02:59 AM
Trader Rating: 100
Often wrong ("wife")
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadawayj
It is posts like this that make the whole posting system on RCGs look so bad. This member “Johnbyrne” show how little knowledge it takes before one makes stupid comments and negative remarks about anyone or most likely any subject. Just plain ignorant of the things he is commenting on. No wonder his wife says he is “often wrong”
I could post pictures of any Mavic Pro that I have here, but would that prove it is the one I sent? NO it would not so I am not going to post any. At any one time I have 5-10 Mavics here, as I am the “tech” for a nearly 100 member drone club. Most which I fix for only the charge for part if they are a member. Now you know where the “tech” is that “we don’t know about” is.
Another point of interest that shows your ignorance is commenting on the number of cycles on the batteries. If you know anything about DJI drone batteries you would know that every time you charge one it records a cycle. You can see this in the app with just a couple of clicks. My suggestion to you and maybe other non-drone flyers is to get an education before opening your mouths to comment on something you know nothing about. I advertised 2 and 8 cycles and that is from the recorded numbers in the app.
Wow, stomping feet like a 3 year old. Nice lol. Feel better? What I've learned in my 45 plus years of RC and when people start calling you names and point out how ignorant you are then they are almost always hiding something. Thank you for taking the bait. Now I'll speak real slow so you can understand what I'm saying. Post a pic of the drone you packed and sold to the OP demonstrating and validating your claims. Of course I didnt have to say that. You know exactly what I'm saying given the deflection technique you just tried to use. Nice try. Now can you produce those pics? Btw, I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong and I didnt know about dji batter cycle data. I have several DJI products but none use DJI packs. I dont like the price tag but to each his own.
Last edited by johnbyrne; Aug 25, 2019 at 03:08 AM.
Aug 25, 2019, 03:00 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopath
While it may be customary to show what is for sale with casual sellers, it isnít necessarily so with commercial, repeat or merchant sellers. When I see a Ford commercial, I understand Iím seeing only a model or example, not ďtheĒ goods. This seller seemed to dwell in the twilight between the two, and the whole friends thing seems to tip the balance....
True for new but absolutley not true for used
Aug 25, 2019, 03:12 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
One more comment and I'll probably be out of this one. My take on why the OP made his post was to warn us about this seller and his personal experience with him. My thanks to him for that. I dont see him getting a refund d so that quad is his but maybe this thread will help someone else so again my thanks.

With that said I went back and read responses from the seller in the thread. My conclusion is he is not a scammer. So now I'm a bit conflicted and wondering why he wont just work out something with the buyer. Fingers crossed that something can be worked out equitable for both parties .. and that the seller will post pics of actual items going forward.
Last edited by johnbyrne; Aug 25, 2019 at 04:02 AM.
Aug 25, 2019, 08:34 AM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair

'Levels of Crime'

And after all this, there's a new OP in another thread, who paid F&F, and got nothing.. But he doesn't care "It was only $13. "

I guess the only time Trader Talk is important is directly after you've been scammed- never before ?
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Aug 25, 2019, 02:17 PM
Trader Rating: 12
G.F. beurling
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne
For all those saying boo hoo he used FF yes he admitted that was his mistake. Please stop harping on that. Bottom line is he posted this to bring to our attention what is happening. BUT .. now that the seller has chimed in the discussion has taken a bit of a turn. So please stop with the "F&F so case closed" dribble. That doesn't help anyone do anything. OLD NEWS.

We will stop with the "F&F so case closed" , when you stop talking less about dog saliva dribble, and more about this threads drivel .

The seller shipped out something other then what the photos show. That was shady enough, but then asking the buyer to do friends&family makes it worse. The buyer should have checked the item before accepting it and using it, and he'd have made an undeniably better case in our sympathy for demanding a full refund. However, in a small claims court, I think the seller would have been held 100% responsible for his misrepresentation and ordered to pay a full refund being that the sale was based on a fraud to start with.After reading all the details, I'm not a fan of either the seller or the buyer in this one, but feel the bottom line is that the seller is the one who should be held accountable for the problem.
Aug 25, 2019, 02:33 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
Lol, I quit calling people out for using F&F when people stop becoming willing victims by using it.

Quick Reply