Aug 23, 2019, 08:41 AM
Trader Rating: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadawayj
I have admitted that I made a mistake, which doesn’t seem to matter to some here that have never made a mistake, in not posting a disclaimer that the Mavic Pro advertised was not the one that was going to be shipped and that will not happen again. The buyer has stated several things that were wrong with the drone when he received it including: wrong props, gimbal not working, and a scar on the back of the drone and batteries that were not as pictured. I guess there may be more things, but these come to mind. I said all these things were not that way when shipped. One of us is not telling the truth. If the buyer wants to return the drone in the condition that I know it was in when it was shipped, I will refund his money LESS any cost to repair the items that I know were not in the condition stated by the buyer. But the two batteries advertised as 2 & 8 cycles should not have more than 3 & 9 cycles assuming that the buyer has not been flying this crippled drone. I am aware that this offer is going to be criticized, but if it is as bad of condition as he wrote in his original post than he will agree, since it is not flyable, and the gimbal doesn’t work.

Shouldn’t you post pics of the item sold, not have to post a disclaimer that what’s pictured isn’t for sale? That makes no sense and is 100% shady. To ask for payment as f&f is not only against the rules but also theft. So your a shady thief. Yea and you wonder why so many here are having an issue with you. It’s not about making a mistake, we all make them. What we don’t do is lie cheat and steal to make a sale like you did
Last edited by City74; Aug 23, 2019 at 10:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2019, 09:07 AM
Trader Rating: 4
While it may be customary to show what is for sale with casual sellers, it isn’t necessarily so with commercial, repeat or merchant sellers. When I see a Ford commercial, I understand I’m seeing only a model or example, not “the” goods. This seller seemed to dwell in the twilight between the two, and the whole friends thing seems to tip the balance....
Aug 23, 2019, 09:09 AM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Aug 23, 2019, 09:28 AM
Oh, another thing. I don’t know where the balance between right and wrong lies in this deal but PayPal makes it very clear on its site about friends and family abuse. When there is a complaint about friends and family abuse, it gets investigated, and a commercial seller’s account may be closed or limited. Yikes!
Aug 23, 2019, 09:57 AM
Trader Rating: 10
Aerodynamically challenged!
Bottom line is the seller was deceitful. Period.
Aug 23, 2019, 09:57 AM
Trader Rating: 9
- Passing Through -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopath
While it may be customary to show what is for sale with casual sellers, it isn’t necessarily so with commercial, repeat or merchant sellers. When I see a Ford commercial, I understand I’m seeing only a model or example, not “the” goods. This seller seemed to dwell in the twilight between the two, and the whole friends thing seems to tip the balance....
That’s the stretch of the century. Step away from the keyboard.

This is a case of a used item(s), not a demo unit with the seller having cases of them in the same condition. What buyer would read a detailed description of condition, then allow some random substitute?
Aug 23, 2019, 10:10 AM
Trader Rating: 126
AMA 72859 Too Many Hobbies!
Quote:
Ford isn't advertising used cars in their commercials. There is a reasonable expectation in buying a used to item to see that item in the ad. The bigger point is that the OP stated he asked questions concerning specifics referring to the item pictured in the ad and the question was answered by the seller without any mention that the ad didn't represent the actual item. If in fact, the two parties involved here had prior dealings, then why is nothing reflected of such in their trader ratings. At the very least it's poor salesmanship, at worst....well, you decide.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:04 AM
Well, reasonable people can disagree, and I think I hear a dime dropping....
Aug 23, 2019, 11:20 AM
Quote:
It is posts like this that make the whole posting system on RCGs look so bad. This member “Johnbyrne” show how little knowledge it takes before one makes stupid comments and negative remarks about anyone or most likely any subject. Just plain ignorant of the things he is commenting on. No wonder his wife says he is “often wrong”
I could post pictures of any Mavic Pro that I have here, but would that prove it is the one I sent? NO it would not so I am not going to post any. At any one time I have 5-10 Mavics here, as I am the “tech” for a nearly 100 member drone club. Most which I fix for only the charge for part if they are a member. Now you know where the “tech” is that “we don’t know about” is.
Another point of interest that shows your ignorance is commenting on the number of cycles on the batteries. If you know anything about DJI drone batteries you would know that every time you charge one it records a cycle. You can see this in the app with just a couple of clicks. My suggestion to you and maybe other non-drone flyers is to get an education before opening your mouths to comment on something you know nothing about. I advertised 2 and 8 cycles and that is from the recorded numbers in the app.
It's replies like the one that you just made there that are making things look worse for you.

Johnbyrne's comments seemed reasonable. The insulting replies don't even make sense, based on his comments.
Aug 23, 2019, 12:10 PM
Trader Rating: 6

Shady seller, I don't know about that , you decide

Well, Well now. It seems interesting to say the least. Not taking sides or saying one or the other is lying because I wasn't either party. I do know for a fact that posting a picture of the item you're buying should be the actual item being sold. I will state that recently I posted a wanted ad for a Phantom 4 for a client of mine and asked in the ad to include the charge cycles and flight time. This is the response I got from the seller hadawayj:

Re: DJI Phantom 4 pro or pro plus

Hi
Sorry about that. Most of the time I do not include that information until after I find out if the buyer is interested at the price. I do not think sellers are trying to hide anything, but have unpack each item fire it up, and record the information. This is allot of trouble, only to find out the buyer is either not real or just fishing. I sell allot drones every year and only sell what I consider low time and in good condition drones.

Maybe if you put your limits in your ads people with drones outside the limits would not contact you.

Jesse

Just a note: This is why I didn't buy his Phantom 4 but it's his way of doing things and that's his business, I just think being upfront, honest and transparent is the best way of doing business. I hope both parties can sort this out because it's a shame that you really can't trust many people these days.
Aug 23, 2019, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter12224
Well, Well now. It seems interesting to say the least. Not taking sides or saying one or the other is lying because I wasn't either party. I do know for a fact that posting a picture of the item you're buying should be the actual item being sold. I will state that recently I posted a wanted ad for a Phantom 4 for a client of mine and asked in the ad to include the charge cycles and flight time. This is the response I got from the seller hadawayj:

Re: DJI Phantom 4 pro or pro plus

Hi
Sorry about that. Most of the time I do not include that information until after I find out if the buyer is interested at the price. I do not think sellers are trying to hide anything, but have unpack each item fire it up, and record the information. This is allot of trouble, only to find out the buyer is either not real or just fishing. I sell allot drones every year and only sell what I consider low time and in good condition drones.

Maybe if you put your limits in your ads people with drones outside the limits would not contact you.

Jesse

Just a note: This is why I didn't buy his Phantom 4 but it's his way of doing things and that's his business, I just think being upfront, honest and transparent is the best way of doing business. I hope both parties can sort this out because it's a shame that you really can't trust many people these days.
Good points. Can't expect every potential customer to be 100% serious right off the bat, and have a great chance of making a sale. Providing more detailed and 100% accurate information would help though. Especially true when the sales are $500+. Few potential customers are going to seem serious at that level, if they don't see the information posted that they would expect to see.
Aug 23, 2019, 09:57 PM
Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote:
It is posts like this that make the whole posting system on RCGs look so bad. This member “Johnbyrne” show how little knowledge it takes before one makes stupid comments and negative remarks about anyone or most likely any subject. Just plain ignorant of the things he is commenting on. No wonder his wife says he is “often wrong”
I could post pictures of any Mavic Pro that I have here, but would that prove it is the one I sent? NO it would not so I am not going to post any. At any one time I have 5-10 Mavics here, as I am the “tech” for a nearly 100 member drone club. Most which I fix for only the charge for part if they are a member. Now you know where the “tech” is that “we don’t know about” is.
Another point of interest that shows your ignorance is commenting on the number of cycles on the batteries. If you know anything about DJI drone batteries you would know that every time you charge one it records a cycle. You can see this in the app with just a couple of clicks. My suggestion to you and maybe other non-drone flyers is to get an education before opening your mouths to comment on something you know nothing about. I advertised 2 and 8 cycles and that is from the recorded numbers in the app.
I don't have to know anything about drones to recognize a rip off like this one.
Aug 23, 2019, 11:21 PM
Not to mention “busted” grammar!
Aug 24, 2019, 08:48 AM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
Not to mention “busted” grammar!
That should be a sticky- "Guys with poor grammar will probably rip you off..."

I don't have a lot of difficulty reading what a guy is trying to say, even with poor grammar and poor punctuation.. It's a way of life...
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Aug 24, 2019, 08:52 AM
It’s also a joke....it was meant to show, ironically, how far all this has gone. I’ll bet his dog is nearsighted, too.
Last edited by Alopath; Aug 24, 2019 at 10:05 AM.

Quick Reply