Aug 22, 2019, 06:17 AM
Trader Rating: 100
Often wrong ("wife")
For all those saying boo hoo he used FF yes he admitted that was his mistake. Please stop harping on that. Bottom line is he posted this to bring to our attention what is happening. BUT .. now that the seller has chimed in the discussion has taken a bit of a turn. So please stop with the "F&F so case closed" dribble. That doesn't help anyone do anything. OLD NEWS.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 06:40 AM
Trader Rating: 137
Bellanca Kruesair
But John, what shall we harp on then ?
Two people made mistakes here, and it's obvious that Hadaway has done no wrong in his views...… that leaves the OP, who may have learned a valuable lesson about protecting oneself from unscroupulous sellers...

Of course, the thread could be closed and this nonsense would stop.....
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
Aug 22, 2019, 06:54 AM
Trader Rating: 200
This thread was not open to discuss F&F payments or if the OP learned a valuable lesson. It was started to call out a dishonest seller. Perfect example of why people do not want to post when they feel they have been ripped off.
NO this thread should NOT be closed until the seller makes it right or the buyer feels like he should close it. Suggesting it is just wrong. Maybe some of you should look up the word compassion.
Aug 22, 2019, 07:34 AM
Trader Rating: 80
Mt. Dora, Florida
Oooooo, compassion, sympathy, greed, the three things crooks love to prey on. Yes, they both made mistakes and when you have a stellar reputation with hundreds of feedbacks, you can tend to get a bit lax. Also, I have seen a lot and I mean a lot of buyers remorse on RCG, especially if what the seller says is true that the buyer used different props and crashed the drone and this I do believe happened. Just because something shows in a picture doesn't mean it's part of the deal. How many pictures have you seen posted to an ad that shows someone's toes.? Now I'm sure the buyer would know they aren't for sale, unless the buyer is stupid.

Now if the toes are listed in the ad description then they should be included. I usually ask if the toes are included in the ad, I could always use a toe to two in case I go missing one. But at the end of the day, I would have rather send the buyers remorse buyer his money back once I received ALL the good back and just never deal with him again. Then start a new seller policy check list for future sales to include taking DETAILED photos of every item I sell from every angle.
Aug 22, 2019, 09:07 AM
Trader Rating: 76
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne
So let me get this straight. Member comes here and reports a bad deal and admits where he made mistakes so we can all learn and he gets criticized in return? Did I read this right? wow

OP, I hope it works out for you. Thank you for the heads up on this seller.
Sometimes people on here can act like a pack of hyenas.
Aug 22, 2019, 09:27 AM
Trader Rating: 141
Build a scale plane already!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaflybob
sometimes people on here can act like a pack of hyenas.
,,,,,Name: 7e5e4335cb8f9d8fa209523a2347e7c7.jpg
Views: 21
Size: 28.1 KB
Description:
Aug 22, 2019, 09:31 AM
Trader Rating: 141
Build a scale plane already!!!
Mistakes on both sides,, no harm pointing out both,, when it gets to the point of just kicking a guy when he's down,,, well that's too far,,, are we too far yet??

Without clear evidence,, only the two involved know who's telling the truth as far as the damage goes,,
Aug 22, 2019, 09:48 AM
Trader Rating: 76
KV4PL, FAA 107 Certified
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
There's always 2 sides to every storey
Aug 22, 2019, 03:50 PM
Trader Rating: 3
Old new guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
Mistakes on both sides,, no harm pointing out both.
Much truth. He posted that he payed FF, and we agreed that it was a TERRIBLE idea. Seller still needs to correct his improper actions.
Aug 22, 2019, 07:59 PM
Trader Rating: 209
I have admitted that I made a mistake, which doesn’t seem to matter to some here that have never made a mistake, in not posting a disclaimer that the Mavic Pro advertised was not the one that was going to be shipped and that will not happen again. The buyer has stated several things that were wrong with the drone when he received it including: wrong props, gimbal not working, and a scar on the back of the drone and batteries that were not as pictured. I guess there may be more things, but these come to mind. I said all these things were not that way when shipped. One of us is not telling the truth. If the buyer wants to return the drone in the condition that I know it was in when it was shipped, I will refund his money LESS any cost to repair the items that I know were not in the condition stated by the buyer. But the two batteries advertised as 2 & 8 cycles should not have more than 3 & 9 cycles assuming that the buyer has not been flying this crippled drone. I am aware that this offer is going to be criticized, but if it is as bad of condition as he wrote in his original post than he will agree, since it is not flyable, and the gimbal doesn’t work.
Aug 22, 2019, 08:04 PM
Trader Rating: 4
How would your conditions ever be established? To whose satisfaction?

A “friend” and his money are soon parted.
Aug 22, 2019, 08:06 PM
Trader Rating: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadawayj
I have admitted that I made a mistake, which doesn’t seem to matter to some here that have never made a mistake, in not posting a disclaimer that the Mavic Pro advertised was not the one that was going to be shipped and that will not happen again. The buyer has stated several things that were wrong with the drone when he received it including: wrong props, gimbal not working, and a scar on the back of the drone and batteries that were not as pictured. I guess there may be more things, but these come to mind. I said all these things were not that way when shipped. One of us is not telling the truth. If the buyer wants to return the drone in the condition that I know it was in when it was shipped, I will refund his money LESS any cost to repair the items that I know were not in the condition stated by the buyer. But the two batteries advertised as 2 & 8 cycles should not have more than 3 & 9 cycles assuming that the buyer has not been flying this crippled drone. I am aware that this offer is going to be criticized, but if it is as bad of condition as he wrote in his original post than he will agree, since it is not flyable, and the gimbal doesn’t work.
Wouldn't be so questionable if there wasn't this questionable offer behind the scenes for the buyer to pay PP gift for a minor discount, offered as "since you bought from me before". Really doesn't look good, considering the scenario here. Made as a normal goods and services deal with buyer protection, one would be more inclined to believe that you wouldn't risk sending a defective item, and that maybe they did damage the item. Just being realistic.
Aug 22, 2019, 11:19 PM
Trader Rating: 96
Wow, the world may be coming to an end----I agree with what AntiArf just posted. I don't think that has ever happened before!
Aug 23, 2019, 03:41 AM
Trader Rating: 100
Often wrong ("wife")
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadawayj

You opened this can now lets go with it. Produce pictures .. right now .. of the same exact drone before ship showing it didn't have that damage. Can you? I bet you cannot. Prove me wrong and I'll eat my words if you can. Also, how would you know how many cycles are on the batteries? You have tech that we don't know of? You are going to say it had more cycles even though you can't prove it one way or the other? By the way, sarcasm doesn't fix your problem and you have a HUGE one right now. So can you provide pictures showing that you are the one who is so innocent? The only proof we have at this point is you admitted that you mislead the buyer by sending something not pictured and the buyer showed us pictures of what he received. In this case it isn't the buyer who has to prove anything. You are the one who needs to provide your side in pictures. Can you post them?
Aug 23, 2019, 07:45 AM
Trader Rating: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne
You opened this can now lets go with it. Produce pictures .. right now .. of the same exact drone before ship showing it didn't have that damage. Can you? I bet you cannot. Prove me wrong and I'll eat my words if you can. Also, how would you know how many cycles are on the batteries? You have tech that we don't know of? You are going to say it had more cycles even though you can't prove it one way or the other? By the way, sarcasm doesn't fix your problem and you have a HUGE one right now. So can you provide pictures showing that you are the one who is so innocent? The only proof we have at this point is you admitted that you mislead the buyer by sending something not pictured and the buyer showed us pictures of what he received. In this case it isn't the buyer who has to prove anything. You are the one who needs to provide your side in pictures. Can you post them?

It is posts like this that make the whole posting system on RCGs look so bad. This member “Johnbyrne” show how little knowledge it takes before one makes stupid comments and negative remarks about anyone or most likely any subject. Just plain ignorant of the things he is commenting on. No wonder his wife says he is “often wrong”
I could post pictures of any Mavic Pro that I have here, but would that prove it is the one I sent? NO it would not so I am not going to post any. At any one time I have 5-10 Mavics here, as I am the “tech” for a nearly 100 member drone club. Most which I fix for only the charge for part if they are a member. Now you know where the “tech” is that “we don’t know about” is.
Another point of interest that shows your ignorance is commenting on the number of cycles on the batteries. If you know anything about DJI drone batteries you would know that every time you charge one it records a cycle. You can see this in the app with just a couple of clicks. My suggestion to you and maybe other non-drone flyers is to get an education before opening your mouths to comment on something you know nothing about. I advertised 2 and 8 cycles and that is from the recorded numbers in the app.

Quick Reply