This thread is privately moderated by wadasczi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 20, 2019, 06:45 AM
InJamNoOneCanHearYouScrea m
Thread OP
Yippee!

REVISED -- 2020 Soaring NATS Information

Folks,
Hot off the presses from Yolanda Jones at AMA. This is our schedule! My Comcast account has been hacked again [14 times even with ridiculously strong password] . If you are sending emails there and not getting responses that is why. Send to work account: [email protected]

If you were not at this years NATS it was fun for sure. Great weather albeit a tad windy for the second day of Unlimited and minimal carnage for the rest of the events. This post might as well get the chickens in the farm a clucking and the ever present trolls blowing up this post. With that said...

The 2020 Soaring NATS ARE FREE as far as the LSF contribution. You will still have to pay the $50 head tax from the AMA. Why this strange way of doing business? Hmmm....

So if you thought you could not afford the entry fee well the LSF B.O.D. just took care of that. Make sure you tell your friends too. The NEW schedule until someone says otherwise....

Thursday-Saturday July 23-25
□ 446 F3H/LSF Tasks (Monroe Central Parker City, IN) JOHN MARIEN - CD
□ F3RES (Friday and Saturday) GIL GAUGER - CD

Sunday-Monday, July 26-27
□ 464 F5J Site 5 DAVE REISINGER - CD
-------7/26 LSF Dinner - Its Free! Have to figure out a menu but I am sure it wont kill anyone

Tuesday - & Wednesday July 28-29
□ 462 F3K HL Glider Site 4!!!!! DON CLEVELAND - CD

□ 463 ALES Site 5 RON SMITH - CD

-------7/29 LSF BBQ Dinner - Its always good!!!! NON-ANNUAL MEETING Night too!

Thursday – Friday July 30-31
□ 444 Thermal Soaring Unlimited Site 5 WALLY BY GOLLY - CD

Saturday - Sunday August 1-2

□ 442 Thermal Soaring 2 M Site 5 TBD - CD
□ 460 RES Sailplane Site 5 TBD - CD
□ 461 Nostalgia Thermal (NOS) Site 5
TBD - CD
Last edited by wadasczi; Mar 11, 2020 at 03:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 09:50 AM
It was a fantastic 8 days of competition for me, way fun. Thanks for all you do to make it happen Wally. Thanks to all the CDs, score keepers and all the other volunteers involved. See you next year.
Rick
Aug 20, 2019, 09:52 AM
2 infect U it 1st has 2 find U
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadasczi
So if you thought you could not afford the entry fee well the LSF B.O.D. just took care of that. Make sure you tell your friends too. Don't ask about a schedule...way to early for that.

Wally
But it's not too early to subscribe to this thread so that we'll know right away when more information comes!
Last edited by Miami Mike; Oct 15, 2019 at 09:07 AM.
Sep 13, 2019, 10:12 AM
I could not make Muncie this year, but 2020 looks lots more doable. F3RES forever!

Greg (from New (not really) Mexico (not really))
Oct 13, 2019, 08:24 PM
Josh Glaab
Have there been any dates determined for the 202 Soaring NATS?
Oct 15, 2019, 07:56 AM
Well I'm up for 2020 Nats Lord willing! Subscribed...
Oct 15, 2019, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.j.glaab
Have there been any dates determined for the 202 Soaring NATS?
This was posted after the Nats planning meeting by the scale SIG:
Oct 15, 2019, 11:20 AM
Hmm, interesting. Nothing on Sites 4 and 5 until Monday.
Oct 15, 2019, 12:13 PM
That'll probably be Cross Country and LSF tasks prior to Monday.
Oct 15, 2019, 01:08 PM
Somebody talk them into mixed launch with TD and RES!
Oct 15, 2019, 01:49 PM
2 infect U it 1st has 2 find U
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashbound
Somebody talk them into mixed launch with TD and RES!
I suggested that to Wally last May but he said he couldn't do it.
Latest blog entry: A short message...
Oct 16, 2019, 04:55 AM
We usually start events on those sites on Saturday. I'm not sure what impact that will have on folks who can get away only on weekends.

Dave R.
Oct 16, 2019, 09:20 AM
Thread OP
Folks,
There was an (A) schedule and an (AAA) schedule for a 10/12 meeting at the AMA amongst all the SIGS. I called in to listen and provide commentary when asked. Before the meeting Yolanda asked that no schedule be posted before or after the meeting and as you can see someone posted "something" elsewhere on the groups, party foul in my opinion. I am violating that request also in a concerted effort to keep all apprised before the trolls run off the deep end and cause another poop-storm.

Another schedule came out on Monday 10/14, which was going to the Executive Council on 11/9 and 11/10. I asked for another day at Site 5, for 7/25, which has gone unanswered so far but I am just going to take it. The NATS schedule that was asked for, and the exact email I gave to Yolanda and Joyce Hager is provide below after the tildes. Now before you lose the frosting on your donut it appears Site 4 which we use for hand-launch has been scarfed by the other SIGs. We have to play in the AMA sandbox together. I have called and talked to Don Cleveland and we will work "something" out which means we will go play on another piece of AMA property that is flat. We are still working that out so don't grouse.

I cant take 10 more months of "hey why cant we do this or combine this event with that event". "Roll with it". I don't have 10,000+ posts and infinite wisdom like some of you. This is the schedule that included a few hundred tradeoffs.

Wally
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yolanda, a revised soaring schedule included below which just keeps all of soaring on or near Site 5 is requested. This will undoubtedly disturb the force with the curmudgeons but there has to be a little give and take. I just need to figure out where the 35+ F3K-Hand Launch folks are going to fly as they normally live over on Site 4 which has been given to RC Combat. Any idea where the AMA FUN FLY folks are flying from on 7/24-7/26? I can unequivocally state that starting the NATS on a Sunday won’t fly with 110+ plus folks. Now that we have made the NATS $FREE from the SIG perspective the LSF is expecting an increased turnout.

On the flip side I still do not know how the 400 foot rule will impact soaring yet.

Wednesday-Friday July 22-24
□ 446 F3H/LSF Tasks (Monroe Central Parker City, IN)

Saturday-Sunday, July 25-26

□ 462 F3K HL Glider Site XXXX
□ 463 ALES Site 5

Monday & Tuesday July 27-28

□ 464 F5J Site 5

Wednesday – Thursday July 29-30
□ 444 Thermal Soaring Unlimited Site 5

Friday – Saturday July 31- August 1

□ 442 Thermal Soaring 2 M Site 5
□ 460 RES Sailplane Site 5
□ 461 Nostalgia Thermal (NOS) Site 5

Sunday-Monday August 2
□ F3RES Site 5
Last edited by wadasczi; Oct 16, 2019 at 01:53 PM.
Oct 16, 2019, 07:18 PM
And F3J?
Oct 16, 2019, 08:07 PM
Thread OP
Rick,
It was taken off the schedule as it was a Worlds Year. I am missing another site to go to also. Drop a line to Jim McCarthy.
Wally

Quick Reply