Aug 19, 2019, 11:38 PM
Thread OP
Rant

Blade Ozone BNF Horizon Hobby WT PH?

Hello Horizon Hobby,

Seriously need to send you a genuine WT PH message on this product.
It is seemingly unsupported.
There is nothing about this product available online beyond the sales video.
Even on outside forums are nothing beside a few comments about it being another brushed quad copter, nothing more.
Seems that you have not marketed this product at all and now it's being discontinued.
I really really don't get it. What is the actual deal with this product?
Do you hate it or something?

That aside and thanks for allowing me to vent. But honestly W T PH ?

The manual makes absolutely NO mention AT ALL about flight modes what they are and what the momentary
CH 6 is used for.

-AND- with default Transmitter settings DX9 DX6 etc.
The quad comes up armed and props spinning after binding with throttle all the way down.

Where can I find actual documentation for this product?
I'm experienced and can probably figure this out on my own but seriously...
Where is the support and documentation for this product?

Thanks.

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 07:12 AM
So... not sure why you posted this here, this sure isn't a Horizon Hobby forum.. Also, literally googled this in 10 seconds:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH...-Manual-EN.pdf

It was the second returned result. It explains channel 6 should be a momentary, and channel 5 should be a 3 way. Channel six needs to be reversed. Channel six is for arming. Channel 5 is flight modes.

I'm confused by your whole rant, because the documentation took me literally 10 seconds to find, and a minute to digest.
Aug 20, 2019, 09:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace12GA
So... not sure why you posted this here, this sure isn't a Horizon Hobby forum.. Also, literally googled this in 10 seconds:

https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH...-Manual-EN.pdf

It was the second returned result. It explains channel 6 should be a momentary, and channel 5 should be a 3 way. Channel six needs to be reversed. Channel six is for arming. Channel 5 is flight modes.

I'm confused by your whole rant, because the documentation took me literally 10 seconds to find, and a minute to digest.
My fault on not reversing CH6. I read it but for got to do it when I set it up.

Nowhere in the manual does it explain the 3 flight modes that one might guess would be tied to the three position switch.
If there were only 2 flight modes you shouldn't need a 3 position switch.
This implies there are 3 flight modes yet the manual does not detail ANY of the flight modes.

The manual also does not detail CH6 anywhere or tie it to an arming feature. it does not say CH6 is for arming.
I came from an mQx and didn't even realize this had arm/disarm.
I normally use the throttle hold feature in the transmitter for arm/disarm LOL.

The manual was poorly done.

I ranted I'm done ranting.

It flys fine of course.
Aug 20, 2019, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8LBV
My fault on not reversing CH6. I read it but for got to do it when I set it up.

Nowhere in the manual does it explain the 3 flight modes that one might guess would be tied to the three position switch.
If there were only 2 flight modes you shouldn't need a 3 position switch.
This implies there are 3 flight modes yet the manual does not detail ANY of the flight modes.

The manual also does not detail CH6 anywhere or tie it to an arming feature. it does not say CH6 is for arming.
I came from an mQx and didn't even realize this had arm/disarm.
I normally use the throttle hold feature in the transmitter for arm/disarm LOL.

The manual was poorly done.

I ranted I'm done ranting.

It flys fine of course.
Glad it flies fine. Cheers.
Aug 20, 2019, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, sorry about being so grumpy.
It seems there was absolutely no marketing for it aside from their single release video.
There are no user reviews no user videos or anything.
Blow my mind they would go through the trouble to have it engineered manufactured and then just totally drop the ball after all that.

Certainly not popular at all far as I can tell by no reviews and no videos from owners.

And now it's discontinued.

Did they sell more than ten?
Aug 20, 2019, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
Certainly nothing wrong with the product itself, it flies.
I picked one up for our local flying club and donated as a heli intro budyboxable
hover and orientation trainer.

Here's a video of the maiden test flight.
And oddly the only other video out there on youtube aside from Horizon's marketing video.
LOL

Blade Ozone Heli Trainer Maiden Flight (4 min 15 sec)

"Unboxing" videos are retarded and do not count even though there is maybe only one or two of those out there in some other language.
Aug 21, 2019, 08:09 PM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
manual production does cost much, much more than people actually realize. (and a thorough and comprehensive manual far more than that.)
since 98.42% of people never read the manual, it is wasted profit and reduced sales. - from higher price points needed to cover the additional costs.

at least HH does have a manual available for easy download. and they should, for the prices they charge.

Quick Reply