Aug 19, 2019, 05:50 PM
Thread OP
Contest

2019 F3RES International

ANNOUNCEMENT:

Dust off those colorful, see-through airplanes! Drag out the hi-start! get out your simplest, most-easily programmed transmitter!

It is time for the third annual, 2019 F3RES International. Contest dates are 9-10 November (leaving the 11th, Veteran's Day, for travel home). Location this year will be the Evergreen Turf Farm in McIntosh, New Mexico.

To get to the Turf Farm, go South from Moriarty, New Mexico, on NM41 about ten miles. Turn Left on Otero Road (at the ranch house with the Blue roof), and that dirt road goes straight into the turf farm. GPS coordinates are 34.883N, -106.045W

Moriarty is about forty miles East of Albuquerque, on I-40. The second exit into Moriarty puts you right on NM41. There is no camping allowed on the field at this time, but Moriarty offers at least two (2) motels with hot/cold water, indoor toilets and electricity. Plus, there is a third motel that is a lot more fun.

Rule Set: We are using a newly revised set of F3RES rules, based on reviewing the 2019 German set. A copy is being provided. The same rule set will be used at the Desert Dust-Up in October, in Phoenix.

Sign-Ups will be at the SoarABQ.org Web Site, to be available shortly. We will NOT be using F3XVault at this time.
Last edited by glidermang; Aug 19, 2019 at 10:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 05:51 PM
Thread OP
This Post reserved for Contest Information

Lodging in Moriarty:Here are some pretty fine motels in Moriarty
1. Best Western Heritage Inn: includes free breakfast. 505-832=5000
2. Quality Inn: Also free breakfast. 505-832-6666
3. Super 8: 505-312-5016
4. Sunset Inn: Surprisingly well kept. 505-832-4234

People who have flown with us have been enthusiastic about the Sunset Inn. It is where I will be staying, if I choose to remain at the field (and not drive back home).

Planned Social Events:
Friday night will be an informal gathering at the local beer brewery. Really, no fooling. They do a very nice beer garden on Friday nights, usually with live music and pretty good beer.
Saturday night, we will lead an expedition West along I-40 to Edgewood, and a pizza party at the Red Barn.
Not everyone coming to these events wants to talk airplanes, do they? Not my wife. So, my wife will be leading a Saturday expedition to the little town of Madrid, where the movie Wild Hogs was filmed. Lots of artsy-fartsy shops.
Last edited by glidermang; Aug 20, 2019 at 09:21 PM.
Aug 19, 2019, 05:51 PM
Thread OP
This Post reserved for Pilot's List
Aug 19, 2019, 07:09 PM
Afflicted with DDD
Been planning on attending since last November.
Bob
Aug 20, 2019, 06:18 AM
I sink, therefore I am...
I'm In. Sign me up.
Sam
Aug 20, 2019, 07:57 PM
Sign me up too!

Jeff
Aug 25, 2019, 11:56 PM
Looking forward to participating and planning on coming. Will sign up when registration opens.
Sep 02, 2019, 01:04 AM
Registration will be available soon!!!
Richard the Register
Sep 15, 2019, 05:12 PM

Registration Now Open!!!

I am pleased to announce that registration for the 2019 F3RES International in New Mexico Competition is now open.

Please go to http://www.soarabq.org/F3RES_forms_2019/F3RES_Form.html to register. Registration should be quick and simple, with a link to PayPal (preferred). Just stating here on RCGroups is not sufficient.

Regards, Richard the Register/CD
Last edited by rnshagam; Sep 15, 2019 at 06:15 PM.
Sep 15, 2019, 06:13 PM

Pilot Registration List

Pilot list:
#1 Tommy Lamnek, Houston, TX
#2 Walter Higgins, Austin, TX
#3 Mike Reagan, Simi Valley, CA
#4 Bob Pederson, Berthoud, CO
#5 Ron Creager, Port Hueneme, CA
#6 Kirby House, Albuquerque, NM
#7 Greg McGill, Albuquerque, NM
#8 Larry Lolly, Oceanside, CA
#9 Mark Mills, Boise, ID
#10 David Johnson, Brigham City, UT
#11 Loren Mills, W. Jordan, UT
#12 Tom Meeks, Spring Branch, TX
#13 Sam Pendleton, Fort Collins, COWithdrew--we'll miss you!!!
#14 Corky Miller, Fountain Hills, AZ
#15 Rick Nevill, San Antonio, TX Withdrew--we'll miss you!!!
#16 John Armstrong, Phoenix, AZ
#17 Brad Juntunen, Cloquet, MNWithdrew--we'll miss you!!!
#18 Ed LaCroix, Phoenix, Az
#19 Gene Trevino, San Antonio, TX
#20 Terry Pierce, Albuquerque, NM
#21 Toby Herrera, Albuquerque, NM
#22 Mike Roseberry, Phoenix, AZ
#23 Matt Aurand, Albuquerque, NM
#24 Vince Aiello, Albuquerque, NM
#25 Gravin Trussell, Lewis Center, OHWithdrew--hope you can make it out sometime!!!

If you don't see your name here, but think you should, I don't have you registered--please contact me directly.
(Wow, #1,2 signed up w/in 10 min of opening registration. Thank you!!!)
Last edited by rnshagam; Nov 07, 2019 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Update pilot list as registrations received
Sep 15, 2019, 06:32 PM
I'm coming out. Had to much fun last year to miss out!
Sep 15, 2019, 07:06 PM
Afflicted with DDD
Signed up and registered. Can't wait. After last year, I'm trying to decide if I need a third plane as a backup-backup. Now, which model should I build???? PuRES, SLITE V2, Yellow Jacket, Chrysalis, Res-Dart...Decisions Decisions.

See you all in Alqubuerque

Bob
Sep 23, 2019, 04:11 PM
Overkill is underrated
Jeff, Mike, Bob,... just curious as to why none of you has signed up for our October F3RES contest, Desert Dust-Up? Have you all been to the contest thread?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nfield-Arizona
We fly on a first class sod farm. Endorsed by Greg. But to make this inaugural event happen, we need pilots! And EVEF wants to be one of the clubs supporting and growing this super-fun and affordable class of plane. So please sign up and come play with us.

Ed
Oct 05, 2019, 08:26 PM
Thread OP
Ed:

I sure am sorry about the Dust-Up. I was looking forward to flying out there again - it has been a long, long time.

Greg
Oct 05, 2019, 08:32 PM
Thread OP
Kirby and I visited our own sod farm last week, and talked to the managers at length.

The sod farm is down to a single circle, but it is being actively re-vitalized: plowed, leveled, re-planted. Approximately half the entire original circle just inside the gate is now suitable for use. The north quadrant is newly planted, and will most likely not by November, but the West and South quadrants are ready now: level planted, and mature enough for our use. The East Quadrant (where we most like to set up) has two of three rings ready to go now, but the inner, third ring has just been plowed. We could set up on the East quadrant, but it would be somewhat crowded. There are still some tall weeds along the wheel tracks, but the managers explained that those will all be mowed. Perimeter weeds will also be mowed. As a final step, the wheel tracks are being filled in, which will make traversing the field much easier.

The management is looking forward to our contest with real enthusiasm. They actively promote outside users, mostly because "we like the airplane people" they said. While Kirby and I were there, a professional UAV team set up a fixed-wing UAV, launched with a compressed air catapult, and when we left, it had been circling the sod farm for about an hour, testing sensors. We will be working with the management in choosing the final portion of the field to be used in November. They also promised that they would set aside the irrigation equipment, and it would be turned off for the contest.

Yours, Greg

Quick Reply