Aug 20, 2019, 03:36 PM
Thread OP

Some more progress

Finished the second boom
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 03:51 PM
Trying to have this in the air by the weekend!!
Aug 20, 2019, 04:44 PM
Thread OP
Nope but I probably could I build fast ( though about offering a building service but nobody wants to pay for that anymore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchiyuk
Trying to have this in the air by the weekend!!
Aug 23, 2019, 12:16 AM
Thread OP
Didnít get any work done yesterday but today I got the wing sheeted filler in and glassed the center section of the wing with 2 oz I decided to leave the throttle linkage out of the wing and go with 2 mini servos, yes the center is still rippled and needs more sanding
Aug 23, 2019, 11:23 PM
Thread OP

Started covering

Put a lot of work into the wing in preparation for the covering then put some on the wing, the directions wanted me to glue the one piece plane together then cover it... there was no way I was covering it once it was glued together, I am also aware that the covering scheme wonít match exactly with this Iím just hoping to get close enough, the larger one I have coming will be a little closer but Iím still not planning on going true scale.
Aug 27, 2019, 12:15 AM
Thread OP

Continuing covering

I covered one of the booms tonight, I havenít been able to work on it much because of the brutal heat here but itís moving forward slowly, Iím not super happy with the way the boom covering is turning out because Iím not great at covering the profile pieces but I think it should work
Aug 28, 2019, 09:10 AM
Thread OP
Last night I finished the second boom and horizontal stabilizer center covering and I glued the wing and stabilizer in place after checking square
Aug 30, 2019, 10:47 AM
Thread OP

Taking a quick break from this build

I decided to build a new receiver test bed as my old one started falling apart so here the frame is loosely based on a set of kaos plans that were scaled incorrectly for a future build
Sep 02, 2019, 12:37 AM
Thread OP

Back at it

I got both motors mounted I think I want to do something different with the left motor but it shouldnít be too hard I am not planning on covering the booms like white lightening because the only way I could do that is with paint, Iím really hoping that it flies well because itís not the easiest plane to make perfect so itís making me have a bit of OCD

Please ignore the chaos on the workbench itís a hazard of having too many projects going at the same time
Sep 02, 2019, 08:09 PM
Thread OP
Making a little more progress, I have the wheels mounted steering servo mounted, and I painted the canopy
Sep 03, 2019, 04:24 PM
I just want to go fly!
Thatís a great color scheme! Nice.
Sep 03, 2019, 06:50 PM
You didn't round the leading edges on the horizontal and vertical stabilizers?
Sep 03, 2019, 08:46 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Iím hoping it comes out at least a little like the real plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd
Thatís a great color scheme! Nice.
Sep 03, 2019, 08:50 PM
Thread OP
No I didnít Iím not sure if it age or the wood great planes used but there was nothing I could do short of taking it to a belt sander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboPilotFL
You didn't round the leading edges on the horizontal and vertical stabilizers?
Oct 10, 2019, 04:45 PM
Thread OP
Sorry it’s been so long since I posted on this thread this project got postponed when my racer crashed, I will have it back on the bench soon just be patient with me

Quick Reply