Sep 28, 2019, 09:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strepto42
Sweet, cheers!

One small post-build mod I did was to make the FC board run from the pololu regulator as well. Voltage spike killed the first one even though it was supposedly rated to 8S... still waiting on my warranty claim for that one.
Thanks for the tip. I plan a 6s build and has Matek regulator coming from Banggood.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2019, 09:42 PM
I want to has apex. its not exactly mid September, but it could be worse.

ETA just checked and its still pending.
Last edited by slappomatt; Sep 29, 2019 at 11:26 AM.
Sep 29, 2019, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
We're you running 6s ?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperfpv
Thanks for the tip. I plan a 6s build and has Matek regulator coming from Banggood.
Cool. Make sure it has enough juice to handle the DJI and FC. 1A is on the edge for mine I suspect.

Also be aware of the reg's dropout voltage. I think the pololu is about 1.5v from memory meaning it needs at least 13.5v to sustain 12v out at maximum load. Fine for 5/6S but have to be careful on 4.
Oct 05, 2019, 07:36 AM
Thread OP
Came back from holidays yesterday to a package waiting for me and went down to my local hobby shop to pick up a DJI Digital FPV setup today.
Fun time ahead.
Oct 17, 2019, 11:33 PM
Guys, looking to build it. Not sure whether I want to run my kids stuff which I love and be on analog, or go for the dji upgrade.....
Either way, it seems to have some parts in the build that would be doable in either kiss or dji set up. Mainly I am referring to the odd and wiring harness as well as the flight stack with pdb.

Obviously I can use the pdb on either builds if I use dji I am considering useing the flight stack listed on the impulse RC apex site. But I can’t seem to figure out which pdb and flight controller they are using. I have attached photos if you can tell me what it is I would greatly appreciate it!

I understand the one flight controller is a kiss. What is the other one. Both set ups use the same pdb it appears, what is it? It also seems to have a cable that directly connects for ease of build. Just curious as I am beginning to do some research!
Andrew

Perhaps let me try this again. I will offer a more direct statement and clear question.

I want to use the apex frame.8 want to use the hd bundle and run dji equipment. What pdb and flight controller will allow the most plug and play compatibility with motors, esc’s, and everything else I need to run?

I am good at soldering have several builds under my belt and don’t mind soldering small pads, I am just curious what is the most direct to snap together with minimal soldering for a cleaner look!
Last edited by Leftyatm; Oct 18, 2019 at 12:28 AM.
Oct 18, 2019, 02:05 AM
there are some Betaflight FC's out there what are made for the DJI thing ... the one in your last pic looks like a Diatone one..
for PDB... i think they all use 4in1 ESC's ... so no PDB required
Oct 18, 2019, 06:54 AM
Thread OP
I wanted a simple plug and play too with my Apex + DJI HD FPV build so I went with an iFlight Succex-D F7 and Iflight Succex 4 in 1 ESC. No soldering , just use the cable/plug that comes with the flight controller. Too easy.

But my Succex-D Flight Controller with the Betaflight 4.10 firmware has issue and my quad was stuttering and oscillating like crazy no matter the pid/filter setting I tried. ( May be a faulty gyro?) It was a frustrating week trying to sort this out.

Eventually I swapped out the Succex D FC for a Diatone Mamba F722S flight controller ( with Betaflight 3.57) i have on hand , the same one seen in the photo from Impulserc website. There is a bit of soldering to connect it to the Dji Air Unit but it was quite straightforward. Good thing the Diatone Mamba F722S FC has 9V BEC to power the Air Unit so I don't need an external regulator for my 6S build with the Dji.

Apex HD is flying smoothly now and I'm enjoying glorious HD FPV.

There are a few other Betaflight FC designed for DJI air unit like Newbeedrone infinity 30 stack and Holybro Kakute F7 HD. There will be more coming out no doubt.

As Sam said , there's no need for PDB if you use 4 in 1 ESC .
Last edited by jasperfpv; Oct 18, 2019 at 07:15 AM.
Oct 20, 2019, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperfpv
I wanted a simple plug and play too with my Apex + DJI HD FPV build so I went with an iFlight Succex-D F7 and Iflight Succex 4 in 1 ESC. No soldering , just use the cable/plug that comes with the flight controller. Too easy.

But my Succex-D Flight Controller with the Betaflight 4.10 firmware has issue and my quad was stuttering and oscillating like crazy no matter the pid/filter setting I tried. ( May be a faulty gyro?) It was a frustrating week trying to sort this out.

Eventually I swapped out the Succex D FC for a Diatone Mamba F722S flight controller ( with Betaflight 3.57) i have on hand , the same one seen in the photo from Impulserc website. There is a bit of soldering to connect it to the Dji Air Unit but it was quite straightforward. Good thing the Diatone Mamba F722S FC has 9V BEC to power the Air Unit so I don't need an external regulator for my 6S build with the Dji.

Apex HD is flying smoothly now and I'm enjoying glorious HD FPV.

There are a few other Betaflight FC designed for DJI air unit like Newbeedrone infinity 30 stack and Holybro Kakute F7 HD. There will be more coming out no doubt.

As Sam said , there's no need for PDB if you use 4 in 1 ESC .
Would you not recommend getting the iFlight?
I got the same stack (below), the Newbee and Holybro only go to 30a and 40amps on the ESC, so I went with a 60amp iFlight combi/stack.
These are plug and play with 6s, correct?

https://www.racedayquads.com/product...30716524068977
Oct 20, 2019, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the replies!

I didnít even think 4 in 1 esc eliminates need for pdb. Great to hear.
Oct 21, 2019, 02:15 AM
DIATONE.KARL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseg
I got the same stack (below), the Newbee and Holybro only go to 30a and 40amps on the ESC, so I went with a 60amp iFlight combi/stack.

Next month mamba will release DJI standard stack
Oct 21, 2019, 05:53 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dseg

Yes, it is plug and play with 6s for that IF stack and the Air Unit. Iflight is selling some stacks and built quad with DJI Air Unit bundled together so I'm sure there's no issue with the design.

My stuttering issue might be related to the Betaflight 4.10 settings. I'm not certain on the cause but I will try to use the same FC on another of my quad with another Iflight stack to see if the same issue will appear there later.

You bought your stack from RDQ and they got your back if there's issue with the hardware so I don't think you have to worry about your choice.
Oct 21, 2019, 06:00 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIATONE.Karl
Great to see more choices. You guys make nice FC/ESC with great value for money. Hopefully this will continue with the new release.
Oct 21, 2019, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIATONE.Karl
Do you know of any specs for the stack?
amps on the ESC or the memory for blackbox on the FC?

Quick Reply