Thread Tools
Aug 27, 2019, 10:16 PM
Registered User
Hmerly's Avatar
Not sure where you get your prices, but the OSD board is 38, and the regulator is 18. If you're using KiSS these are awesome and not expensive at all for what they do.

The frame is nice, but it is expensive. They're firmly planted in the premium frame market. No doubt about it. You also add in the 2 year warranty and you see why the price is high. Their warranty process is so simple and really makes the hassle Armattan makes you go through look infantile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxington
The OSD board up the front behind the camera, for 56 bucks! That's the price of a full Betaflight FC with built in OSD!

The regulator board is $27, that's nuts.

Of course you don't need to buy those things, but the frame alone is very expensive and doesn't really do anything special.

It's nice but a $40 Source frame does just as much, and Armattan has a better warranty for similar prices and pretty fancy hardware.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great frame design but its a pretty tough market out there for frames, you don't need an expensive frame to get covered in dirt and grass and smash into the ground any more.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2019, 12:40 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
never any deals on kiss products man
get fpv have KISS 2-5S 25A (40A limit) 32bit 4-in-1 ESC for $99 saving of $16
Ill probably get it from them with a small discount code, but $99 is pretty much what everyone is selling it for.
Aug 28, 2019, 12:54 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmerly
Not sure where you get your prices, but the OSD board is 38, and the regulator is 18. If you're using KiSS these are awesome and not expensive at all for what they do.

The frame is nice, but it is expensive. They're firmly planted in the premium frame market. No doubt about it. You also add in the 2 year warranty and you see why the price is high. Their warranty process is so simple and really makes the hassle Armattan makes you go through look infantile.
ImpulseRC is an Australian company, that's in AUD.

That is hugely expensive for what they do, you can buy an entire Betaflight FC with OSD built in for the price of the OSD board alone, then you add another $90+ AUD for the KISS v2, add in a separate voltage regulator that I haven't had the need for in years for another $27 , that's 2-3x times the cost of a Betaflight setup.

I don't fly them any more but it took 5 minutes to warranty an Armattan Chameleon back when I did it, and that warranty is lifetime, not 2 years, with equally or better premium hardware like a titanium front cage.

It's definitely a premium frame and well designed, but the market has moved on a lot since the Alien/Reverb.

If you fly Kiss and are ok paying extremely high prices, it'd be a great setup, I agree.
Aug 28, 2019, 11:06 AM
Registered User
Hmerly's Avatar
I do agree it is expensive. All KISS products have been expensive and these add-one are aimed at KISS users. Not sure how many still fly KISS but I don’t think that many anymore. The frame is still really well thought out and worth the money, imo. The warranty is nice, two years is plenty as I’ve never owned a quad that I actually fly for longer than two years. Always something new to play with.
Aug 28, 2019, 11:58 AM
Registered User
It's very easy to compare the prices of a kiss FC to that of Betaflight the difference is very clear in that aspect.
Should also mention that a betaflight shelf life is about 2 months, then version 2 of that same FC is release, You may be able to get them cheap, but u keep having to replace them. The flight characteristic and feel of Betaflight is not even comparable to that of Kiss IMO. By one Kiss FC for $90 it will last u over 2 years. Buying a betaflight FC, every few months for $30 hmm.

Armattan has a new frame every few months as well. That's the only way to keep offering the life time warrant cause they want people to stop flying the old ones. If not then there is no profit if they keep having to replace parts.

But for real thou there are lots of options, Frames, ESC, FC, Motors etc. Fly what you can afford or what your fav BS Youtuber said is the next best thing from his/her sponsor

Happy flying, with what every echo system you like and support, Just enjoy the experience, and avoid they hype



Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxington
ImpulseRC is an Australian company, that's in AUD.

That is hugely expensive for what they do, you can buy an entire Betaflight FC with OSD built in for the price of the OSD board alone, then you add another $90+ AUD for the KISS v2, add in a separate voltage regulator that I haven't had the need for in years for another $27 , that's 2-3x times the cost of a Betaflight setup.

I don't fly them any more but it took 5 minutes to warranty an Armattan Chameleon back when I did it, and that warranty is lifetime, not 2 years, with equally or better premium hardware like a titanium front cage.

It's definitely a premium frame and well designed, but the market has moved on a lot since the Alien/Reverb.

If you fly Kiss and are ok paying extremely high prices, it'd be a great setup, I agree.
Aug 28, 2019, 07:24 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
It's very easy to compare the prices of a kiss FC to that of Betaflight the difference is very clear in that aspect.
Should also mention that a betaflight shelf life is about 2 months, then version 2 of that same FC is release, You may be able to get them cheap, but u keep having to replace them. The flight characteristic and feel of Betaflight is not even comparable to that of Kiss IMO. By one Kiss FC for $90 it will last u over 2 years. Buying a betaflight FC, every few months for $30 hmm.
None of this is true, both systems fly perfectly well, and I'm still using FCs from 2 years ago, Motolabs Cyclones, Betaflight F3 boards to name a few.

Replacing an FC every 2 months, what a load of crap.
Sep 13, 2019, 07:08 PM
Registered User
any word on this frame shipping? middle of September is coming quick.
Sep 13, 2019, 08:04 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappomatt
any word on this frame shipping? middle of September is coming quick.
I screen grabbed a FB post from Impulserc about the Apex. There's a delay with some deliveries failing to show up this week. Hopefully they can start to ship late next week or the week after next.
Sep 14, 2019, 09:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxington
If you fly Kiss and are ok paying extremely high prices, it'd be a great setup, I agree.
Everyone that flies kiss is ok paying extremely high prices. No i don't fly kiss.

Came looking for some shipping confirmations.
Sep 19, 2019, 05:51 AM
Registered User
Strepto42's Avatar
High prices... you guys make me chuckle.

I just built one up with the DJI system. There's a build video on my channel. Was a very pleasant build experience I have to say... the little details on this one are just nice. Once people get them in their hands and start looking they will see.
Sep 26, 2019, 07:34 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
My Apex HD frame is enroute. Time to bite the bullet and get the Dji digital fpv system.
Sep 27, 2019, 05:13 PM
Registered User
Strepto42's Avatar
It's a different experience, that's for sure. Super easy build though.
Sep 27, 2019, 08:00 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strepto42
It's a different experience, that's for sure. Super easy build though.
I had watched your YT Apex Dji HD FPV build and will reference it to help with my own build....
Sep 28, 2019, 06:05 PM
Registered User
Strepto42's Avatar
Sweet, cheers!

One small post-build mod I did was to make the FC board run from the pololu regulator as well. Voltage spike killed the first one even though it was supposedly rated to 8S... still waiting on my warranty claim for that one.
Sep 28, 2019, 06:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strepto42
Sweet, cheers!

One small post-build mod I did was to make the FC board run from the pololu regulator as well. Voltage spike killed the first one even though it was supposedly rated to 8S... still waiting on my warranty claim for that one.
We're you running 6s ?


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The Apex Bolt is the latest inky iteration of Zerohour's Apex tactical pen. rockyboy2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 8 Oct 23, 2018 07:04 AM
Question Team Associated Apex noisy ggradtech Car Talk 4 Jan 07, 2016 06:36 PM
Discussion APEX Scion vs HPI rs4 sport 3 razbin2001 On-road Cars 7 Jan 06, 2016 02:34 AM
Apex Mini "old" mini apex 20mmx4.5mm stator BobFlyer Power Systems 1 May 11, 2005 07:46 PM