Thread Tools
Aug 19, 2019, 08:58 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Discussion

Apex is coming..........


We have been hearing about this new Impulserc frame for a while now from various YouTube prototype testers and i think it is getting pretty close to the official release/launch ( may be the details about the quad if not the frames from the store). One of the YouTube testers recently mentioned around end of this week. Hope thatís true.

I have been looking forward to it as my potential next build. With the recent DJI Digital FPV system launch , i wonder if the Apex frame design will allow the DJI air unit to fit. I am holding off getting the Armattan Marmotte for the DJI Digital FPV system till the Apex is out.



ImpulseRC APEX MAIDEN FLIGHT! (COMING SOON!)🔥🔥🔥| FPV FREESTYLE (2 min 51 sec)


An Apex on an Island..🌴🥥 (4 min 17 sec)


APEX IS COMING!! - Impulse RC Prototype testing - (2 min 40 sec)


Without me // impulseRC Apex (1 min 33 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 03:13 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
Here it is and it fits the new Dji Air Unit..... I'm sold on it and just ordered the HD version for the DJI system.
Last edited by jasperfpv; Aug 22, 2019 at 05:49 AM.
Aug 22, 2019, 07:29 PM
Registered User
Looks quite good but a lot of the stuff really only matters to people flying Kiss gear.
Aug 22, 2019, 10:14 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxington
Looks quite good but a lot of the stuff really only matters to people flying Kiss gear.
Like what?
Aug 22, 2019, 10:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafu02
Like what?
The OSD board up the front behind the camera, for 56 bucks! That's the price of a full Betaflight FC with built in OSD!

The regulator board is $27, that's nuts.

Of course you don't need to buy those things, but the frame alone is very expensive and doesn't really do anything special.

It's nice but a $40 Source frame does just as much, and Armattan has a better warranty for similar prices and pretty fancy hardware.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great frame design but its a pretty tough market out there for frames, you don't need an expensive frame to get covered in dirt and grass and smash into the ground any more.
Aug 22, 2019, 11:30 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxington
The OSD board up the front behind the camera, for 56 bucks! That's the price of a full Betaflight FC with built in OSD!

The regulator board is $27, that's nuts.

Of course you don't need to buy those things, but the frame alone is very expensive and doesn't really do anything special.

It's nice but a $40 Source frame does just as much, and Armattan has a better warranty for similar prices and pretty fancy hardware.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great frame design but its a pretty tough market out there for frames, you don't need an expensive frame to get covered in dirt and grass and smash into the ground any more.
Some very good points mention. Beta-flight boards are cheaper yes
There is a newer version of some sort out every day also, same with frames. I guess what really matter is are you happy with what you have? Fly what works best for you. Lots of options out there
Aug 22, 2019, 11:34 PM
Registered User
Looks a lot like the Reverb?!... What's so special about it that warrants the premium price over an Alien? I am not seeing much innovation, but perhaps I read the specs too quickly and I am missing something fundamental.
Aug 23, 2019, 12:10 AM
I kill batteries!
iFlight DC5 HD.

There's always options.
Aug 26, 2019, 07:49 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
iFlight DC5 HD.

There's always options.
I think i speak for everyone that has been actively flying fpv for the past 5 years when i say that frame is garbage. Just look at the distance between the two sets of middle standoffs!

https://www.ebay.com/p/DJI-Digital-H...waAl9VEALw_wcB I wish i could find some harsher words because i think the design is so poor. Just calling it a design feels wrong. Are you another iflight sponsored pilot.
Aug 26, 2019, 08:57 PM
I kill batteries!
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosestang
I think i speak for everyone that has been actively flying fpv for the past 5 years when i say that frame is garbage. Just look at the distance between the two sets of middle standoffs!

https://www.ebay.com/p/DJI-Digital-H...waAl9VEALw_wcB I wish i could find some harsher words because i think the design is so poor. Just calling it a design feels wrong. Are you another iflight sponsored pilot.
No, I am not an iflight sponsored pilot. In fact, my only sponsor is my daily job.

You are entitled to your opinion but unless you personally used the frame you can't make a judgement for "everyone that has been actively flying fpv for the past 5 years". One of the crappiest frames I have ever seen and used is the dji flame wheel with plastic arms. Yet many people have successfully flown that frame without issues (myself included).

Just because you think it's a terrible frame does not mean there isn't anyone else more capable than you to build and tune the frame.

At the end of the day, I made a suggestion on a frame. I did not try to push it beyond stating what it is. It's your money and what you decide to do with it is your business. You're not forced to buy anything, like anything or use anything. Same for "everyone that has been actively flying fpv for the past 5 years".
Aug 26, 2019, 11:09 PM
Registered User
came looking for the official 24 page thread on this frame. im disappoint. I preordered the steele version. slowly buying parts for a build. wish I could find a deal on some kiss stuff.
Aug 26, 2019, 11:55 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappomatt
came looking for the official 24 page thread on this frame. im disappoint. I preordered the steele version. slowly buying parts for a build. wish I could find a deal on some kiss stuff.
never any deals on kiss products man
get fpv have KISS 2-5S 25A (40A limit) 32bit 4-in-1 ESC for $99 saving of $16
Aug 27, 2019, 09:18 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashaccepted
No, I am not an iflight sponsored pilot. In fact, my only sponsor is my daily job.

You are entitled to your opinion but unless you personally used the frame you can't make a judgement for "everyone that has been actively flying fpv for the past 5 years". One of the crappiest frames I have ever seen and used is the dji flame wheel with plastic arms. Yet many people have successfully flown that frame without issues (myself included).

Just because you think it's a terrible frame does not mean there isn't anyone else more capable than you to build and tune the frame.

At the end of the day, I made a suggestion on a frame. I did not try to push it beyond stating what it is. It's your money and what you decide to do with it is your business. You're not forced to buy anything, like anything or use anything. Same for "everyone that has been actively flying fpv for the past 5 years".
I can look at it and tell it's crap, don't need to buy or fly it. Jon wood was pushing it on face book, but he's sponsored by them, so i blocked him. there's enough shills in this hobby, wish i could block them all. Why is face book an objectionable word when made into one word? it's not even a word.
Aug 27, 2019, 09:51 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappomatt
came looking for the official 24 page thread on this frame. im disappoint. I preordered the steele version. slowly buying parts for a build. wish I could find a deal on some kiss stuff.
So many alternatives and new products these days, derivative and refinemement of the previous design so it hasn't got the impact like Alien frame a few ago.

I'm looking forward to mine for my HD FPV build.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion The Apex Bolt is the latest inky iteration of Zerohour's Apex tactical pen. rockyboy2 Life, The Universe, and Politics 8 Oct 23, 2018 07:04 AM
Question Team Associated Apex noisy ggradtech Car Talk 4 Jan 07, 2016 06:36 PM
Discussion APEX Scion vs HPI rs4 sport 3 razbin2001 On-road Cars 7 Jan 06, 2016 02:34 AM
Apex Mini "old" mini apex 20mmx4.5mm stator BobFlyer Power Systems 1 May 11, 2005 07:46 PM