ArmSoarUSA Grand Opening

Yes! ArmSoar now has a website that caters to the USA market at www.armsoarusa.com

Splash

ArmSoarUSA.com!

Yes! ArmSoar now has a website that caters to the USA market at www.armsoarusa.com. They recently launched the site with a great deal on KST Servos and plan to add parts for BAMF and Deviant models soon. This is great if you need a replacement part or want servos to finish up a build quickly.

Orders will ship out from California so if you place an order before 2pm, you'll get your order shipped out the same day with delivery in 1-3 business days. Shipping will be cheaper as well and all orders will be processed in US Dollars.

The various versions of the KST 08 servo for DLG's are available right now and every servo will include a FREE pulley! ArmSoar is also offering up a 10% discount for all orders placed until August 31st. To get the discount, use CODE: RCG10 when checking out. It's a great deal on servos and the free pulley is icing on the cake.

Check out the ArmSoarUSA website here

Aug 19, 2019, 09:33 PM
Hi Jason, thank you for the announcement!

I know the shop is a little bare for now, but I have a lot planned.

Next up are the BAMF parts as mentioned, and also wing-mount servo frames, more different servos for F3K and F5J, pulleys, Deviant parts, colored aluminum screws, etc... there will be a lot of goodies coming in that I think people will find useful in their gliders, regardless of brand and make.

Cheers!
Thomas
Aug 19, 2019, 10:10 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Awesome Thomas!
Aug 21, 2019, 06:55 AM
Will you be carrying the contoured throwing blades that mount in the end of the wing? Like the T blades.
Aug 21, 2019, 09:46 AM
I wasn't planning on it but not a problem, I will have some in there in a couple weeks

If there are things you guys want just let me know, it's great feedback, thank you.

A lot of simple servo frames for X08H (dlg) and X08H+ (f5j) are made, these should get into the store in about 10 days. I've started work on some f5j frames with extra bearings but those need new injection molded parts so will take probably 2 months to get all setup.
Aug 29, 2019, 12:53 PM
New stuff on the way, should be available to order by Monday depending on final delivery.

- KST X08H servo frames - 3D printed ABS, we've sold this in the past from Hong Kong and discontinued for a while
- KST X08H+ servo frames - 3D printed ABS, new frame for the plus F5J servos
- ArmSoar BAMF jerseys - high quality dye sublimated jerseys
- ArmSoar USA jerseys - high quality dye sublimated jerseys
- ArmSoar Pulleys - 10/pack
- ArmSoar 3D blades - blades included in the BAMF kits

This is a very limited run of jerseys with incomplete sizing, there's only about 10 of each. We had a lot of inquiries on these especially the USA ones so a large batch is planned with full range of sizes but likely won't be available for another month or two, still waiting for Nick to get back to the shop from his round-the-world fiasco to get the order done with the mfg.

For reference the sizes are Chinese sizing, usually 1-2 sizes smaller than the equivalent US size. I wear Medium US shirts and Large ArmSoar Jerseys.
Aug 29, 2019, 01:00 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Great, I could use some more pulleys!
Aug 29, 2019, 07:08 PM
Honorable Deplorable
Those jerseys are awesome!

Love the tshirt I have, but order a size larger than you think you need. Lol

Have been doing the f3j thing as of late and enjoying it....that being said would like to get back in the armsoar family. Any though of a basic f3j ship? And seeing that jason has been bitten by that bug as well. Lol
Aug 30, 2019, 01:30 PM
Haha yeah definitely a size up!

I'm just ordering my own 5J models to fly for next season - I don't see ArmSoar producing any 5J models, at least in the foreseeable future. We have a bunch of other models lined up in the queue.
Aug 30, 2019, 06:26 PM
Honorable Deplorable
Make a bamf with a motor in it!

Have been launching my zenith a lot lately. Actually getting the hang of it, and really enjoying it! Just need something from the armsoar collection again, as the GoMini hanging on my wall isnt flying anymore
Aug 31, 2019, 04:53 PM
We are working on a 2-meter electric glider for Chinese P5B (limited motor run, duration, spot landing, 2S lipo power limited) competition, it's something in progress for a while now but I hope it can be ready for production by end of the year or early next year.

Sounds like you need a Deviant to succeed the GO Mini too!
Aug 31, 2019, 05:04 PM
Time for me to Fly...
Thomas, I’m very interested in your 2m project. Our club flys a type of 2m competition called TALES. It’s basically a combination of ALES and F3K. There aren’t many nice 2m electrics out there.
Latest blog entry: Something old is new again
Aug 31, 2019, 05:16 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Interesting indeed!
Aug 31, 2019, 06:16 PM
Honorable Deplorable
That would be cool!

Have been getting more people into the idea of gliders, but the DLG and the winch launch styles really deter them. But the option of a motor would be great to get more people into this side of the hobby! Especially something that is a vast step up from a foam glider.
Sep 01, 2019, 11:06 AM
I didn't realize that will fit the TALES requirements, I will read up on the rules.
You're right, there are not a lot of 2m e gliders out there optimized for competition rules... mainly just fun fly models (heavy, not stiff) which was why we really needed to get this optimized and made for the competitions back home.

I agree it does make it an easier entry for many in the hobby who are already accustomed to motors.

-----

Frames / shirts / etc have finally landed in the Bay area, hope it gets to the warehouse after the long weekend.

Quick Reply