Aug 21, 2019, 11:29 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghisleri
If Franco has problem you may try to ask to FIAM secretary at

[email protected]

I gave Franco a few pictures of 1969 and 1973 Championships.
Ok gentlemen, Beppe is correct Paola will be the contact person for the book.

I did receive an email from Franco Sala. This is a copy from his email.

"Dear Hansen

Yes.... I am the author of the technical part of the book.
Thank you for your interest.
For more information you need to ask at [email protected]
I hope Paola can help you.
Let me know how you will answer ......
Best regards
Franco Sala
International Judge F3A
Rep. San Marino"
to remove ads between posts
Aug 22, 2019, 07:36 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Thread OP
OK,
I got answer from [email protected]

She has the book, and I suggest You get Yourself Paypal and then she can easily receive payment for the book + shipping cost.
So include Your postal address also in mail to her when ordering the book so she can try to calculate shipping cost.
The book itself cost 20 Euro (€ 20).

Paola Battaini is secretary F.I.A.M. (Fabbrica Italiana Associazioni Modellistiche).

regards,
Bo
Aug 22, 2019, 11:09 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossee
OK,
I got answer from [email protected]

She has the book, and I suggest You get Yourself Paypal and then she can easily receive payment for the book + shipping cost.
So include Your postal address also in mail to her when ordering the book so she can try to calculate shipping cost.
The book itself cost 20 Euro (€ 20).

Paola Battaini is secretary F.I.A.M. (Fabbrica Italiana Associazioni Modellistiche).

regards,
Bo
Yes Bo,

I got answer from Paola also. These people are very much on the ball. Here is what she said:

"Dear Hansen
yes, the book is available!!!!

You can order to me and we will ship you all the books you want!
The cost of 1 book is €. 20,00
I need to find out how much it cost to ship the book and then I will tell you the total amount
You can pay with PayPal or Bank Transfer

Now we are closed for our Holiday, I will ship you the book in September

When I know the shipping cost I will tell you

Best regards
Paola

Segreteria F.I.A.M.®
Paola Battaini

uff. +39 02 62694268
fax. +39 02 6552352
mob. +39 335 6171670
skype fiam-mi"

So I sent her my shipping address and waiting to hear from her regarding the total of the cost including shipping.
Aug 27, 2019, 07:05 PM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Thread OP
And the author of the book wrote this over at the other classic pattern forum:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clas...k-pattern.html

Read post #12

I'm sure this book sell like hotcakes by now and Paula will probably have rather many books that has ben ordered to ship out, after the holidays.
I'm waiting for the shipping cost (I told her my adress) so she can calculate that.
A book like this should be availabe to order online when seen in the mirror, but I suppose they never imagined it could be such demand for it as it seems to be.
I have no problem to wait, it will be nice to have this book for the fall/winter and read now and then,
It is quite an undertaking to write such book that span pattern flying 1960-2019. Just to gather the material and and then have the knowledge what to use in a book can not be an easy task. I suppose someone like Franco Sala has the experience and knowledge to finnish such monumental task, I'm sure he has worked very hard to make the book.

/Bo
Last edited by bossee; Sep 12, 2019 at 05:26 AM.
Sep 11, 2019, 11:14 AM
Has anyone received the book?
Sep 11, 2019, 08:44 PM
Have today sent an Email to Paola, getting the book for my dad, hopefully.
Sep 11, 2019, 10:36 PM
AMA 46133
I received email from Paola today:

".....next Monday!!!!!

Ciao
Paola"
Sep 12, 2019, 02:02 AM
AMA 46133
Hi guys,

Paola just emailed me.

"Dear Hansen
how many books do you want?
The shipping cost is €. 25,00 …… the same if you buy 1 or more books…. untill kg.30…!!!!
You can pay via PayPal or bank transfer using this information….."

Maybe we can save some money on shipping if we all chip in together to get more than 1 book at a time. I can bring them in and re-distribute them. The additional shipping will be from me to you via USPS priority mail. Probably a padded envelope if the book fits. Oh let me ask her how heavy is the book and how many books before we hit 30 kg. I think 30kg should cover quite a few books.

Anyhow how many of you are interested in this book anyway. Well Greg will have to get his own since it will be much cheaper in shipping if he goes direct.
Sep 12, 2019, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
Hi guys,

Paola just emailed me.

"Dear Hansen
how many books do you want?
The shipping cost is €. 25,00 …… the same if you buy 1 or more books…. untill kg.30…!!!!
You can pay via PayPal or bank transfer using this information….."
. Well Greg will have to get his own since it will be much cheaper in shipping if he goes direct.
Just had an email from Paola and the shipping to me is the same cost, so I will have to try to sort something out my end. Paola stated she is away on holiday until Monday, no problem for me as I am just about to leave for Snetterton race track for a whole weekends motorbike racing (lots of trick new parts, ceramic bearings and some race front forks from Italy)
Sep 12, 2019, 06:48 AM
30kg, I'd guess at least 60 copies.
Sep 12, 2019, 12:25 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywilly57
She just told me she can send me 10 books.

"….. I can send you 10 books……!!!

Paola

Segreteria F.I.A.M.®
Paola Battaini

uff. +39 02 62694268
fax. +39 02 6552352
mob. +39 335 6171670
skype fiam-mi"

I will wait till tomorrow to see if any of you want to get in on the order. Otherwise I will just tell her to send me one book for me.
Sep 12, 2019, 01:31 PM
Well... like you Hansen, I live on an Island, but way opposite, in Puerto Rico. I usually get stuff from continental US for just a few $ more than others on the 48 favored States... so I'm in I guess. Although the currency converter says at this time €25 is about $27.68. Maybe if someone whos in say Texas or Alabama who is more centralized and is also willing to redistribute. Mighty big task tho , either by you or someone else, repacking and mailing dozens of books. Would it be worth it or would it have to be a act of fellowship?
Last edited by RC YEAGER; Sep 12, 2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Typo
Sep 12, 2019, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywilly57
one book is 1,4 kg.
Sep 12, 2019, 03:00 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by gghisleri
one book is 1,4 kg.
Thank you. Does not look like I am getting more than one book myself.
Sep 12, 2019, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
Thank you. Does not look like I am getting more than one book myself.
Yeah... I think that is a wise idea

Quick Reply