R
to remove ads between posts
Jan 11, 2020, 03:39 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by imodel
Need a few $$$$ to help with shipping?

R
Yes I think it will amount to that. It started with Ken's proposal of a better shipping method and Paola took it to ship the books from Switzerland. In my opinion part of that should be included in the "refund" offer. So maybe we can add $5 extra to each book and "help" her with the "extra" shipping cost.

If you really think about it the 110 Euros shipping cost is really no different than the original shipping cost from Italy. However she did have to drive to Switzerland. So I am trying to solicit opinions from all of you that wanted books to see what you feel is a fair amount.
Jan 11, 2020, 04:24 PM
If you need now, pm me your pp

R
Jan 11, 2020, 04:40 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by imodel
If you need now, pm me your pp

R
I don't need now. Wait till I get the books in my hot little hands and ready to ship to you first. I am just collecting ideas.
Jan 11, 2020, 08:18 PM
Hansen I will kick in the full $110 to cover everybody's shipping from CH. Let's just make this work with as little computation as possible for everybody. Send me your PP. -Ken
Jan 11, 2020, 08:59 PM
I'm ok with what everybody else agrees to. Stuff happens.
Jan 11, 2020, 10:33 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdunlap
Hansen I will kick in the full $110 to cover everybody's shipping from CH. Let's just make this work with as little computation as possible for everybody. Send me your PP. -Ken
Thanks Ken. Let the books show up before we do any money exchange for now. Paola said it is ok to wait on the help with shipping cost. She also said I should get the books in 2 weeks. I will keep my eyes on the tracking.
Jan 19, 2020, 02:59 PM
AMA 46133

It is in New York........

......seems like the books cleared customs in New York. Hopefully the next destination is Honolulu.
Jan 19, 2020, 05:05 PM
God bless Swiss Post!
Jan 19, 2020, 07:59 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdunlap
God bless Swiss Post!
Now let's hope the good old USPS live up to their standards.
Jan 20, 2020, 12:14 AM
Lol... I just checked and it was on the 27th of Sept that you made a post with those famous last words: SHIPPED! So one week from now will mark the 4 month anniversary... does the USPS send stuff over to Hawaii by slow boat too?
Jan 20, 2020, 12:39 AM
AMA 46133
>>does the USPS send stuff over to Hawaii by slow boat too?<<

Yes they do. There is a black hole to Hawaii called Richmond, California. Apparently it is a hub for the USPS. They park a 40' container outside the hub. For certain shipping method via the USPS things like Parcel Post, Parcel Select, Retail Ground, Federal Express Smart Post and the UPS equivalent. Those packages will be marked "departed" from the Richmond hub. However the packages are in fact tossed into this 40' container. They will wait till the container is totally filled. Then they get a truck to haul the container to one of the shipping port. Then they load the container on a ship and let it float to Hawaii. The process can take up to 6 weeks.

You can Google Richmond, California and read about all the horror stories.
Jan 20, 2020, 01:03 AM
LMAO! So it could be nearly another 2 months. Has to pass scrutiny in NY ( that its not a bomb, or chemical, etc.) Has to go from there to Calif., and then by slow boat to Honolulu, then to Hilo... that is so funny. Nearly six months since original shipment. W O W !
Jan 20, 2020, 01:12 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC YEAGER
LMAO! So it could be nearly another 2 months. Has to pass scrutiny in NY ( that its not a bomb, or chemical, etc.) Has to go from there to Calif., and then by slow boat to Honolulu, then to Hilo... that is so funny. Nearly six months since original shipment. W O W !
Yup, I have to learn patience living in Hawaii but the one I cannot handle is buying from Horizon Hobbies. I pay extra for faster shipping and they still ship slow boat.
Jan 20, 2020, 01:47 AM
OMG! This just popped into my head, so I gotta ask, although I think the answer is obvious... when you foward the books to each of us... do they come from Hawaii to Cont U.S. via slow boat too? (duh?)

Quick Reply