Aug 19, 2019, 02:26 AM
Bo Edstrom, Sweden
Thread OP
Discussion

A must have new book for classic pattern die hards...

Hi,
Read this (I do not know how to get one copy of this brand new book):

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clas...k-pattern.html

Should give many enjoyable hours reading about the past of pattern flying from 1960->

/Bo
to remove ads between posts
Aug 19, 2019, 11:45 AM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossee
Hi,
Read this (I do not know how to get one copy of this brand new book):

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clas...k-pattern.html

Should give many enjoyable hours reading about the past of pattern flying from 1960->

/Bo
I would love a copy of the book. If some one know how to get one please advice.
Aug 19, 2019, 12:42 PM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
The author of the book is Franco Sala. Probably the same Franco Sala that is listed on this page. A quick email to him might yield a source for the book: [email protected]

Ralph
Aug 19, 2019, 01:13 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_G
The author of the book is Franco Sala. Probably the same Franco Sala that is listed on this page. A quick email to him might yield a source for the book: [email protected]

Ralph
I sent the email address an email. Hopefully I will get an answer one day.
Aug 19, 2019, 04:41 PM
Oh... I would love one for myself
Aug 19, 2019, 05:00 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC YEAGER
Oh... I would love one for myself
I am not holding my breath but if the real Franco answers and gives me a line to buy the book, I will definitely share the information with you.
Aug 19, 2019, 05:42 PM
Great, I'd like a copy.
Aug 19, 2019, 06:09 PM
I sent an email (in English; so fingers crossed) to the publisher FIAM (the Italian AMA).
Hopefully, one of us will get a positive response and we can start buying the book.
Aug 19, 2019, 07:29 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywilly57
I sent an email (in English; so fingers crossed) to the publisher FIAM (the Italian AMA).
Hopefully, one of us will get a positive response and we can start buying the book.
I didn't even check, is the book written in Italian? It is fine with me since I looked at those Japanese Radio Control Techniques magazines all my life and not understand Japanese.
Aug 19, 2019, 08:01 PM
R_G
R_G
UFO Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
I didn't even check, is the book written in Italian? It is fine with me since I looked at those Japanese Radio Control Techniques magazines all my life and not understand Japanese.
It looks to be both Italian and English side by side.

Ralph
Aug 19, 2019, 09:53 PM
AMA 46133
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_G
It looks to be both Italian and English side by side.

Ralph
Ahhh.......I want it even more now. At least I can understand English.
Aug 19, 2019, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave
I am not holding my breath but if the real Franco answers and gives me a line to buy the book, I will definitely share the information with you.
Thank you very much Hansen. I do appreciate it
Aug 20, 2019, 05:47 AM
If Franco has problem you may try to ask to FIAM secretary at

[email protected]

I gave Franco a few pictures of 1969 and 1973 Championships.
Aug 20, 2019, 06:49 AM
RFJ
RFJ
gghisleri - Very nice shot of one of my favourite designs, Pagni's Morris HF. RCM plan available on Outerzone.

Ray
Aug 20, 2019, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ
gghisleri - Very nice shot of one of my favourite designs, Pagni's Morris HF. RCM plan available on Outerzone.

Ray
This is a Morris I built 4 years ago after 44 years from when I built the first one, I have also drawn new plans for Morris HF and Morris Daddo based on pencil drawing that Graziano Pagni, which happens to be a good friend of mine, gave me. You can download for free the plans at the site of Modellismo the Italian modelling magazine.
https://www.edimodel.it
The only difference from the original are the changes I've made to power them with electric motors, dimensions are correct.

My New Morris, my wife in 1971 , Pagni his helper and me at Bremen in 1969, Pagni and me the last July.

Quick Reply