This thread is privately moderated by crteensy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 18, 2019, 02:22 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

FPV progress - flight #4 and a snippet of #5

Another two-pack session at the RC field, with more power loops (one around a tree!):

FPV progress - flight #4 (4 min 57 sec)

TIL:
  • 0:00 Betaflight OSD is awesome and tells you what's wrong before you can arm
  • 0:12 Center your trims as part of the pre-flight checks, or disable them completely. Quad constantly pitches backwards right from the start (see 0:12) and I thought it's my FC drifting.
  • 0:25 It's never too late to switch on airmode!
  • 0:38 Previously I was cutting throttle rather early in a power loop. This one looks better than before and actually goes backwards at the top. I figured it makes sense to cut throttle when the horizon comes back into view from the top, and that helped a lot.
  • 0:49 my turns are ugly.
  • 1:00 a power loop with crosswind not ending where it started
  • 1:46 Quad, meet nemesis tree - nemesis tree, this is quad. You'll have an awesome time together. This first attempt went well - again with crosswind having a negative impact on the overall result - but a later one ended with an Rx failsafe, and a somersault at the end of pack #5 was too optimistic. Video breakup wasn't unexpected at 160 m distance, so no reason to panic.
  • 3:01 knife edge - yup! I need a place with a suitable gap to make use of this...
And that's about it for this one.

I forgot to switch on the DVR for most of pack #5, but had an Rx loss under the tree and also hit the tree in a somersault attempt. Here's the footage:

FPV progress - flight #5 (1 min 1 sec)

The camera's ND filter came off during its journey through the branches, which is why I now secured it with some heatshrink and hot glue. See here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=26

Since my Rx failsafed at 160 m behind a simple tree and I had R-XSRs failsafe in normal conditions before, I now installed an R9MM instead.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply