Jun 28, 2020, 10:48 PM
Thread OP
The problem is I cannot access the View/Change Settings interface for the device in XDP.
Running as Administrator, the XDP program sometimes opens without any text in the menu or the buttons as seen in the picture. Regardless, when I click the "search for device" button, it works in a way with some missing info (see picture). Then when I click the button which would be the "change settings" button, the whole interface disappears - that is where the problem is. There is no longer a menu and I cannot reopen the program as it is still running in the background. The only way to close it is through the Task Manager, and there's no way to go forward. Are there any other supplementary programs or computer settings necessary for this to work? Is there something wrong with the install file? I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times on my Windows 10 computer as administrator, I keep getting the same issue. Any help would be great - thanks.

In the contrary I used to use XPS software for many years running W XP and Windows 7 with no recollection of trouble
This is my first instillation on Windows 10
My computer is relatively new (January 2020 )
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2020, 12:31 AM
Thread OP
I got my JUMPER working now

I have used push buttons option. I did not fix that software issue.
What is confusing with light pulsing is:
after red the green pulse number indicates the power level
after the green the green pulses indicate the hoping mode
after the orange the green pulses again indicate the modulation .

all is good
Thanks Jim

Would someone install that XDP software in Window 10 and check if it is working properly.
Mine is not

Mike
Jun 29, 2020, 12:35 AM
You are missing the .ini file for configuration. This happens when you don’t install the software while in Administrator mode.
Jun 29, 2020, 07:55 PM
Thread OP
Jim
PM sent
Jul 02, 2020, 02:42 PM
Build more, websurf less
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyk
Would someone install that XDP software in Window 10 and check if it is working properly.
Mine is not

Mike
I cannot get it to work either on Windows 10. Had the same symptom as you had: It disappears when I click the "View/Change Settings" button - even if installed and run as Administrator, and even when virus scanning is turned off.

It worked for many years so I suspect some Windows change needs to be accommodated.
Jul 03, 2020, 02:10 PM
That text comes from the language selection. Try deleting the .ini file (it will be created). When there is no .ini file AND you did not run in Administrator mode, the language appears to be NULL (blank name in the .ini file). I think that is causing this issue.

Quick Reply