Thread OP
Discussion

Jumper t16

JIM

Any updates on the JUMPER Tx?

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 12:51 AM
Updates for what? People are using these with our JR Tx module. The supplier I was getting them through dropped them so i never got one. The manufacturer was suppose to supply me with a cost break down to purchase these in parts (case/display is what I wanted) and then they no longer communicated with any of their U.S. dealers.. so I am not sure what the deal is with this this Tx.
Sep 15, 2019, 02:32 PM
So I just got my Jumper T16, It looks like I can set the external module to XJT D16 and use XPS JR Module.
does the XPS JR Module support any of the multi protocol signals, as then I can move this JR module inside the Jumper T16 radio and use XPS as the internal module and the multi protocol module in the external module?
Jim are you really serious about using this as the base for your radio? I have been waiting many years for the XPS radio.
Sep 16, 2019, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uff-Da RC
I have been waiting many years for the XPS radio.
Many of us have been waiting as well..... but we all know it ain't gonna happen.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:14 AM
I have about 40 XPS receivers so I am kind of all in to the brand. Just wish there was a pure radio.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:28 AM
Quote:
I have about 40 XPS receivers so I am kind of all in to the brand. Just wish there was a pure radio.
Yup, me too.....

I've been a member of this forum since 2003 and the promise of an XPS transmitter dates back to roughly that time frame....

Do the math and most of all, don't hold your breath !!
Sep 16, 2019, 07:37 AM
I know I got my name on the waiting list for the radio back on September 14, 2011 when Jim was taking a poll of interest, and getting a waiting list started. I wonder how many of us are on that list.
Sep 16, 2019, 04:01 PM
The manufacturer won't respond to any of my emails. Initially they were not interested in selling just the case and display, and then I got an email from their CEO stating that they had changed their minds and that all of the parts would be available separately. I have sent numerous emails asking for that price list with no response. Other U.S. distributors are also not getting any response from this company, so I am not sure if this was a one time deal for these transmitters or if they just don't want to sell any more to the U.S.?

Our modules support only our protocol.
Sep 17, 2019, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew

Our modules support only our protocol.
Jim, that was not quite my question. the Jumper T16 has the ability to select an internal module but it is only the multi protocol module not the XJTD16, is there a multi protocol option I can select that the XPS JR module can understand?
Sep 17, 2019, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Jim, that was not quite my question. the Jumper T16 has the ability to select an internal module but it is only the multi protocol module not the XJTD16, is there a multi protocol option I can select that the XPS JR module can understand?
I’m pretty sure he answered your question. XPS will only work with XPS .... no cross compatibility with anything else . So, you need to set your tx to PPM for it to work with your XPS module.

I’m sure Jim will correct any of the above if it’s wrong....
Sep 17, 2019, 01:25 PM
Quote:
The XPS J1 module handles only PPM or XJT D16 mode.
Nov 16, 2019, 10:08 AM
Nothing in this world is free

XPS JR module in a Jumper T-16 or any other Open TX Units and Betaflight

Post deleted. Not XPS related even though I am using the XPS external module. Jim can delete if he wants to.
Last edited by thebluemax; Nov 23, 2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Not XPS related
Jun 26, 2020, 04:10 PM
Thread OP
I am on the learning curve on this new crop of Open TX transmitters.
I have used MPX for 2 decades and still using it. Programming looks similar on both systems.
So far Jumper works and binds with Jim's JR module on PPM
Jim just has mentioned that XJT D16 on other thread I knew it should work, but never have tried it with more then 8 channels on PPM
I've just tried now to bind NANO to work with X10 to see 16 channels like I do with RoyalEvo.
How do you bind your receivers to your module on these Taranis, Jumper, OPEN Tx set ups on XJT D16 protocol ?
Is hard to keep up with all that. So far is working on PPM
I bet it has been posted somewhere on this forum.

Mike
Last edited by Smyk; Jun 26, 2020 at 04:21 PM.
Jun 26, 2020, 05:47 PM
Thread OP
Working on it

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-1-0-and-later
Jun 26, 2020, 09:02 PM
You bind all of our transmitter modules and receivers the same way. HOLD the PROG button on the transmitter module WHILE powering on the transmitter. When the LED in the transmitter model turns green release the PROG button. That puts it into binding mode.

Quick Reply