Hangar 9 Ki-43 Oscar 50-60cc 88" ARF

This Hangar 9 warbird features a satin-finish printed covering including panel lines, rivets and weathering. Additionally, other iconic details include 5-inch scale wheels, a 3D instrument panel and a painted pilot figure—just to name a few.

Splash

Hangar 9 Ki-43 Oscar

Designed for warbirds, and giant scale club pilots, the new Hangar 9® Ki-43 Oscar is an almost ready to fly 60cc giant scale World War II Japanese aircraft delivering an authentic warbird experience. Featuring scale details typically not found on other ARF aircraft, the incredible recreation has outstanding flying characteristics that Hangar 9 warbirds are known for around the world. It,s the first Hangar 9 giant scale warbird with satin-finish printed covering including panel lines, rivets and weathering. Additionally, many scale details are incorporated such as 3D instrument panel, pilot bust, 5' scale wheels, and more. The two-piece plug-in wings with aluminum tube allows for easy transportation to the flying field and storage. Optional scale sprung main pneumatic retracts are available separately. Whether this is your first warbird, or the perfect counterpart for your collection, the Hangar 9® KI-43 Oscar 50-60cc 88" ARF is historically accurate and the most unique model in our line of 50cc-60cc giant scale warbirds.

Hangar 9® KI-43 Oscar 50-60cc 88" ARF Airplane (2 min 43 sec)
  • Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood
  • Satin-finish printed covering includes rivets, panel lines and weathering
  • Two-piece plug-in wings with aluminum tube allows for easy transportation and storage
  • Fiberglass cowl features panel lines and internal screws for scale authenticity
  • Unpainted scale replica radial engine included
  • Heavy-duty aluminum sprung struts included
  • Scale shaped spinner included
  • Detailed cockpit includes a 3D instrument panel, expertly painted pilot bust, and more
  • Tool-free assembly makes getting in the air quick
  • Scale-shaped split flaps deploy using internal linkages for an authentic appearance
  • Includes 2 easily removable scale wing drop tanks
  • Large top-hatch with two sprung latch system offers complete access to electronics and fuel system
  • Scale landing gears doors included
  • Includes 5' wheels with scale hubs
  • Sprung aluminum tail gear included
  • Easily accepts the optional Hangar 9 pneumatic scale sprung retracts (sold separately)
  • Designed the fit the Saito FG-90R3 3-cylinder engine and other popular 2-stroke gasoline engines

For More Info

Click here for pricing and more info.

Aug 16, 2019, 06:28 PM
Umm, Jim, this showed up in the wrong forum. This is the WWI forum.

CD
Aug 16, 2019, 09:11 PM
------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dunsel
Umm, Jim, this showed up in the wrong forum. This is the WWI forum.

CD
Second that
Sep 04, 2019, 05:59 PM
Does it really cost that much more money to put an airfoil on the tail surfaces? Trying to attract these scale guys and they give us flat tail surfaces...
Sep 05, 2019, 01:28 AM
Scale Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanIsGo
Does it really cost that much more money to put an airfoil on the tail surfaces? Trying to attract these scale guys and they give us flat tail surfaces...

Not flat, just a very thin airfoil to them.
Sep 05, 2019, 05:35 PM
Maybe on the vertical stab, the horizontal looks perfectly flat. I know the oscar has a very thin horizontal stab but this is clearly flat just like their 20cc mustang and the 15cc hellcat which is understandable in the hellcat. I know you know your stuff chad but looking at the larger pictures on tower it's pretty clear. I'll plan on doing the Jerry Bates sometime but I guess a guy willing to build one wouldn't be looking at this one anyways.
Sep 05, 2019, 06:27 PM
Again...Thank you Horizon, Ali and the gang for offering this neat model! I plan having a lot of fun with it. I pre-ordered one through my local hobby shop because, to me, it appears to be a great value.

Nit pickers are really needed at the animal shelter so please apply there!
Sep 05, 2019, 06:29 PM
Scale Builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanIsGo
Maybe on the vertical stab, the horizontal looks perfectly flat. I know the oscar has a very thin horizontal stab but this is clearly flat just like their 20cc mustang and the 15cc hellcat which is understandable in the hellcat. I know you know your stuff chad but looking at the larger pictures on tower it's pretty clear. I'll plan on doing the Jerry Bates sometime but I guess a guy willing to build one wouldn't be looking at this one anyways.

Go to the H9 web site and have a look at the construction manual for the Oscar and you will see that, while it is quite thin, the stab does have an airfoil
Sep 05, 2019, 07:14 PM
I agree I can see it in the manual and I hope that is the case. To the other guys just because I mention that doesn't mean I am not happy about the plane. The more planes being designed and built the better to keep this hobby growing and I am especially glad it was something different, just sometimes the simple things seem to get overlooked by these companies and I would be/possibly am happy to be wrong.

Quick Reply