Aug 26, 2019, 08:22 AM
We are not men, we are DEVO 7e
nice.
I wish you'd keep all the stuff on your build in one thread. (IMO should have asked mod to move original thread)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 27, 2019, 10:37 AM
Build. Crash. Repeat.
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
nice.
I wish you'd keep all the stuff on your build in one thread. (IMO should have asked mod to move original thread)
You talking my frame thread or servo problem thread?
Sep 01, 2019, 11:21 AM
Here are both of the micro-tricopters I have under development. (2 and 3 inch)

https://rotorbuilds.com/build/18949
https://rotorbuilds.com/build/19157

Should start an independent topic but though it might interest you the same.
Sep 01, 2019, 02:29 PM
Build. Crash. Repeat.
Thread OP
Trying to start a size war?
Sep 02, 2019, 01:26 PM
Lol no...

Just that in my area, flying big isnt an option as there are too many Dog-Walkers. Besides, when its cold out, it's nice to have something small to tinker with inside.

Edit: My smallest is 60 grams with battery, while the 3" is around 90.
Sep 13, 2019, 11:06 PM
Build. Crash. Repeat.
Thread OP
She’s up! It’s late at night so no photo, but some limited flight performance.
On 1s (my new ones) I needed ~75% throttle to hover. Pretty bad. On my ghetto 2s (2 old 1 cells together, also the one to blow up the old esc) it had serious power. Any tuning things to make 1s usable? I feel like max power wasn’t being achieved. On the bench my new 1s cells made the motors seem to spin faster then old 1s, but on the ground it seemed slower? Maybe I need to calibrate the escs...
Sep 13, 2019, 11:31 PM
congrats!

you cant tune out a "75% throttle at hover". thats a low power to high weight ratio thing, not CPU feedback cycles.
Sep 14, 2019, 08:08 AM
Build. Crash. Repeat.
Thread OP
Dang. Oh well. I’ll weigh it and see. Maybe a mark 2 frame is in order. I bought like 15 of those 1s batteries for $15... I guess I could do the strat that I saw one Banggood quad employ. 2 connectors in series, and a jumper if using a 2s batt.

Edit: One thing I noticed on the bench is one motor seems slower then the others. I tried reflashing and calibrating escs. I bought 4 motors so I’ll try the spare motor.
Last edited by Zentuckyfriedckn; Sep 14, 2019 at 09:55 AM.
Sep 14, 2019, 12:47 PM
that could do it for sure. also make sure you have full stick resolution in the RX tab.
Sep 14, 2019, 04:45 PM
Build. Crash. Repeat.
Thread OP
So I tried swapping the motor while adding a series connector to no avail. So I just fly 2s. I never thought of stick freedom. I’ll check that while I make the Mk. 2 frame.
Sep 18, 2019, 12:32 PM
Build. Crash. Repeat.
Thread OP
So I’ve been kinda lazy. V2 frame will be an “equilateral” shape. It’s 50% finished. Also plastic is running low on the 3D printer.

Edit: Printed and guts mounted. Need to retune slightly to account for narrower frame.
Last edited by Zentuckyfriedckn; Sep 19, 2019 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Stopped being lazy.
Oct 14, 2019, 09:37 PM
Build. Crash. Repeat.
Thread OP
Never did a good update. Well it has been done. Besides an FPV issue (making new thread) it is done! Minnesota weather is setting in though so good flight footage will be later. I opted for a more squished look. ~90 by 110 mm center of motor to center of FC is 50mm for the front 2 motors. 55 for rear.
https://ibb.co/HgHV20V

Quick Reply