Multiplex Funny Cub

Bring bush-flying adventure indoors or around your backyard with this must-have aerobatic adventurer!

Splash

FunnyCub!

The Next Generation of the FunCub has arrived! Get ready for the resilient, new indoor foamie from Multiplex, the FunnyCub! Emulating its big brother, this flat EPP version is capable of taking off and landing from just about anywhere with its large wheels and softly-sprung undercarriage. Optionally, the two ailerons can be lowered to act as landing flaps, further reducing airspeed and take-off distance. The FunnyCub uses a 2S power system that flies on 2S 450mah LiPo batteries.

Indoor Prime Time | Multiplex (5 min 16 sec)

Features:

• Bright, Colorful, Pre-printed Flat EPP Components for Fuselage, Wings, Tailplane, Fin and Undercarriage
  • CFRP Spars for Wings and Fuselage
  • CFRP Undercarriage Unit
  • Large Wheels for Bush-Flying Type and Rough Terrain Takeoffs and Landings
  • 6 Minute Flight Times
  • RC Control Functions: Elevator, Rudder, Aileron and Throttle (Optional Landing Flaps)
  • Includes All Plastic Parts, Small Items and Linkage Components Required to Complete

Specifications

• Length: 31.88 in. (810mm)
  • Wingspan: 36.61 in. (930mm)
  • Weight: 6.34 oz. (180g)
  • EPP Fuselage, wing, tailplane, fin and u/c parts set.

Learn More...

Available Exclusively @ www.weekenderwarehouse.com

Aug 16, 2019, 10:34 AM
You guys that fly a 3' wingspan foamy indoors must have a much bigger space than I do. I fly in a school gym during the winter and a foamy this big would swat all the Vapors and Stevens Aero planes right out of the sky...... 1S micros are much more friendly if more than one pilot is up.
Aug 17, 2019, 02:40 AM
flyin' fool
Same idea as the Hacker MadBull.
Aug 17, 2019, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldguy
Same idea as the Hacker MadBull.
I noticed that too, I like this landing gear better. It looks more sturdy.
Aug 21, 2019, 08:40 AM
D1 AVP AMA Foundation Board
Interesting plane. Not really into the price games they seem to be playing now. Wildly inflating the price of an item then marking it down on "sale" for a price they used to sell the item for. Not a great business plan.
Latest blog entry: New Toughjets ducted fan jet
Aug 21, 2019, 10:33 AM
Meh, despite the QC issues from valuehobby, I'll stick with their Acro Cub.

Guarantee I'd smash this thing to bits in one flight doing what I normally to to the AcroCub.
Aug 21, 2019, 05:58 PM
Fully Sending It
^It's actually incredibly durable.

Was flying mind just the other night, let a buddy tug on the sticks. It seems breezy, but this is only 2-3mph wind so keep that in mind.

Multiplex FunnyCub in the dark! (2 min 58 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit-N-Fly
You guys that fly a 3' wingspan foamy indoors must have a much bigger space than I do. I fly in a school gym during the winter and a foamy this big would swat all the Vapors and Stevens Aero planes right out of the sky...... 1S micros are much more friendly if more than one pilot is up.
We were flying the absolute snot out of it at the Toledo Weak Signals expo in April with a number of other airplanes in the sky, and that flying space was right exactly the same dimensions as a typical gym. It flies relatively slowly.

Jase was loving it, despite it being incredibly quirky.

Jase Dussia flies the Multiplex FunnyCub! (5 min 20 sec)

Comparing this to the Mad bull, the MB is very squirrely and the two airplanes fly NOTHING like each other, despite being similar. The FunnyCub is far more relaxing to fly and can still get down with it as you can see above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogosi
Interesting plane. Not really into the price games they seem to be playing now. Wildly inflating the price of an item then marking it down on "sale" for a price they used to sell the item for. Not a great business plan.
Dunno where this comment came from, the FunnyCub is priced less expensive than its direct competitor. Keep in mind this is a totally different airplane than the original FunCub
Aug 21, 2019, 07:00 PM
Soar high, huck low
Great flying guys. Flying light planes in a steady breeze is a hoot. As for durability, these foamies are tougher than they look. With their low weight they don’t carry a lot of energy so most mishaps result in a bounce or cartwheel rather than a full on basket case. Yet another plane to add to my wish list.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Aug 21, 2019, 08:20 PM
Fully Sending It
We smashed one of the demo models into the ground and had it back in the air in 5 minutes. Medium CA can fix it pretty easily, though it's not as durable.

I'd suggest anyone gluing the printed gear leg onto the end of the carbon to do so with Foam-Tac or another goop like adhesive. Medium CA makes the printed material too brittle and it cracks easily.
Aug 24, 2019, 09:55 AM
Who sells these other than weekender warehouse?
Aug 24, 2019, 10:52 AM
Soar high, huck low
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGAIR
Itís only available there. Good company.
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Aug 24, 2019, 11:30 AM
Fully Sending It
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGAIR
It's an exclusive product to them since Hitec USA can't find a distributor that wants to pay shipping cost on Multiplex product.
Sep 10, 2019, 07:24 PM
Flyr John in Floyd VA
Just completed assembling mine and have about 4 flights on it. Still trying to get the right prop. But I can say it's a wonderful flying plane! Even with a breeze. Very responsive, very controllable. Capable of doing more than I can as a pilot. Slow flyer, lots of drag so don't expect much speed. With partial flaps, slows to a crawl and just drops from 6". No roll out at all. Lots of fun.

Cheers, John
Sep 10, 2019, 08:43 PM
FlyMike
Xpress, what motor/prop combo are you using. It appears in your video to be an excellent balance.
Sep 10, 2019, 11:35 PM
Fully Sending It
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmilan
Xpress, what motor/prop combo are you using. It appears in your video to be an excellent balance.
The recommended Roxxy power package, which is the exact same as the set for the Extra 330SC model. I believe it's a 2208-1800kv, but don't quote me on that. The ESC is a 12 amp on 2s 450mah, propeller is APC 9x3.7SF. Multiplex suggested HS-40 servos for basic flying, but strongly urged us to use HS-45HB's since we like to party, so that is what both of the FunnyCub's I've built have in them

Quick Reply