Aug 15, 2019, 01:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

where does power to cc3d come from

Hi all , i have replaced all the esc's on my black widow drone , but i think i made an error when buying the esc's , am i right in thinking the fc gets its power from the esc then sends power on to the receiver ? .
The esc's i took off had 3 wires each going to the fc and the new ones only have 2 , i am now thinking this was a + feed for the fc ..
The esc's i used are Spedix GS30A Blheli_32 30A ESC (2-4S .

Is there a way around this or do i need another set of esc's
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2019, 06:18 AM
The 3rd (probably red) wire was +V and was powering a FC. Having 4 duplicate regulators feeding a flight controller did not make much sense and sometimes caused issues. Many are now using separate power distribution regulators to power the FC which in turn powers the Rx. The ESC have smaller regulators that only have to power their individual ESC controllers so can be smaller/lighter/cheaper, and lose the +V red wire.

Check this out https://blog.dronetrest.com/tips-for...ht-controller/
Aug 17, 2019, 04:54 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGeo
The 3rd (probably red) wire was +V and was powering a FC. Having 4 duplicate regulators feeding a flight controller did not make much sense and sometimes caused issues. Many are now using separate power distribution regulators to power the FC which in turn powers the Rx. The ESC have smaller regulators that only have to power their individual ESC controllers so can be smaller/lighter/cheaper, and lose the +V red wire.

Check this out https://blog.dronetrest.com/tips-for...ht-controller/
Thanks for that link , very helpful , i have ordered some of these https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=...SR3C80Q4dUDCAk

Whats the idea of having 4 seperate +5v feeds then ?
Aug 17, 2019, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moss99
Whats the idea of having 4 seperate +5v feeds then ?
I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Having 4 regulators all trying to regulate a common output rail without any current sharing means was never a very good idea, things have moved on.
Aug 17, 2019, 10:55 AM
Thread OP
Thank you
Aug 22, 2019, 01:38 AM
I use a UBEC 5v regulator to power my FC and OpenPilot Revo board,

Quick Reply