Jun 04, 2020, 04:52 AM
Hi all, this is my first sim and I'm using an X9D with dongle. Not a problem except I can only use the four primary controls. Tying to edit doesn't work but I'm editing a frsky gamepad according to the sim I did try and configure as a normal Tx but nothing. Advice, suggestions, please? I also have an X10 with dongle but I haven't tried that yet. Both are running Open Tx if that's relevant or not?

Tony
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2020, 04:20 PM
To get the best rf9 functionality I recommend buying the latest RF Spektrum Interlink DX controller.

I also have a WS1000 wireless module and have used it with my DX18. While this works ok it is limited to 8ch so not as complete use of RF9 functions. Since I got my new Spektrum Interlink DX controller that’s all I use.
Jun 04, 2020, 05:26 PM
I had thought of getting the controller, expensive considering you can't use it for anything else, but no one in the UK has them on stock. I'm sure there's a way to do this as I've just read but haven't had a go yet were someone has all 16 channels on his X9D working
Jun 04, 2020, 05:37 PM
I actually use my spektrum dx interlink controller for many other flight and racing sims so it's good value for me.
Jun 04, 2020, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tctele View Post
Hi all, this is my first sim and I'm using an X9D with dongle. Not a problem except I can only use the four primary controls. Tying to edit doesn't work but I'm editing a frsky gamepad according to the sim I did try and configure as a normal Tx but nothing. Advice, suggestions, please? I also have an X10 with dongle but I haven't tried that yet. Both are running Open Tx if that's relevant or not?

Tony
You have to set up the channels on your mixer page according to what you want output. Also then map those channels in RF setup. I'm using the X9D+ with XSR-SIM.
Jun 09, 2020, 05:36 PM

F-16 Thunderbird high alpha

Any suggestions on the closest model to the E flight F-16 Thunderbird 70 mm? I would like to practice some high alpha moves that this plane is capable of.

Most of the jets I have tried in RF9 require higher speeds and are unable to slow down or high alpha as much as the Thunderbird in real life.
Jun 16, 2020, 08:26 AM
Can anyone recommend a good desktop or laptop to run RF9.

I apologize if this has already been answered.
Jun 28, 2020, 09:39 AM

Real flight 9

Just got rf9 .please someone tell me how to set up dual rates and expo
Jul 13, 2020, 10:05 AM
AMA# 135299 - Old School
I am still mad about how RF9 does not appear to be much of an upgrade from RF8 HHE, Also I'm really disappointed that there isn't some kind of upgrade deal on RF9 for those of us that got on board with RF8 HHE. I don't mind it not being free, as most software doesn't have free major upgrades. But again, this doesn't seem to be a very major upgrade at all as far as the users are concerned. Cleaning up the whole HHE thing and making it into one cohesive Horizon product probably was a big deal on the development side. I'd be willing to pay something for the upgrade, but it's nuts to make us buy the whole thing over again in such a short time period. I'd say $35 - the cost of adding HHE to RF8 - sounds about right in this case.
Jul 14, 2020, 10:13 AM

RF9 Triple Monitors

I am hoping someone can help me here. Besides flying, iracing is my other addiction. I have a triple monitor set up and would really like to just use that computer to run RF9. Has anyone used a triple monitor setup and, if so, is it effective in learning or do the angled side monitors cause issues with RF? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by rccars4scott; Jul 14, 2020 at 10:24 AM.
Jul 16, 2020, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rccars4scott View Post
I am hoping someone can help me here. Besides flying, iracing is my other addiction. I have a triple monitor set up and would really like to just use that computer to run RF9. Has anyone used a triple monitor setup and, if so, is it effective in learning or do the angled side monitors cause issues with RF? Thanks in advance.
No probs at all, it looks awesome spanned over 3 monitors wide! (my setup is 3x 25” screens)

As you know when you’re sitting in the sweet spot the visual looks (horizon, runway, track lines etc.) perfectly normal, it is when you move out of that center when “straight” lines become angled when spanning 2 or 3 monitors. So for spectators it might look a little crooked, but not for the player. Go for it!
Jul 16, 2020, 01:15 PM
Something dangerous to do!
I like how my triple monitor setup makes it easier to view the whole flight line at once. It makes it more realistic in my opinion.
Jul 16, 2020, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfoxvt View Post
I am still mad about how RF9 does not appear to be much of an upgrade from RF8 HHE, Also I'm really disappointed that there isn't some kind of upgrade deal on RF9 for those of us that got on board with RF8 HHE. I don't mind it not being free, as most software doesn't have free major upgrades. But again, this doesn't seem to be a very major upgrade at all as far as the users are concerned. Cleaning up the whole HHE thing and making it into one cohesive Horizon product probably was a big deal on the development side. I'd be willing to pay something for the upgrade, but it's nuts to make us buy the whole thing over again in such a short time period. I'd say $35 - the cost of adding HHE to RF8 - sounds about right in this case.
To add insult to injury, it looks like there's very little interest in adding new content to the sim. They've released, what, the osprey since launch? No sukhoi? F18? Mustang? 64mm A10? Citation? Nothing from hangar 9?

So another $100USD for basically RF8HHE + eli and you're still trawling through ancient generic models and hacky scaled content from the knife edge swap pages from RF6. RF9 hasnt been updated in over 6 months, looks like it's being left to whither on the vine and they'll be putting their cap out for another $100USD in a few months time for RF10.
Jul 17, 2020, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshagg2 View Post
To add insult to injury, it looks like there's very little interest in adding new content to the sim. They've released, what, the osprey since launch? No sukhoi? F18? Mustang? 64mm A10? Citation? Nothing from hangar 9?

So another $100USD for basically RF8HHE + eli and you're still trawling through ancient generic models and hacky scaled content from the knife edge swap pages from RF6. RF9 hasnt been updated in over 6 months, looks like it's being left to whither on the vine and they'll be putting their cap out for another $100USD in a few months time for RF10.
If they were marketing smart they would release a new sim plane slightly in ADVANCE of the actual model - for each and every model. Then put the download for the FREE sim version download on the page where you buy the actual model.
Jul 18, 2020, 10:30 AM
Scott, I agree. I also think that they should have made this backwards compatible with the older versions. They would make $$ selling upgrades . As it is, they are missing revenue that a lot of folks would have spent for upgrades instead of a full-blown Simulator that doesn't give them much more than they might already have.

Just my $.02,

Bob

Quick Reply