Aug 15, 2019, 05:35 AM
RC Paraglider / Sailplanes
Thread OP
Gallery

Unboxing of the Punkair Emotion Line XL backpack and Pilot Peer

I received my Para Set XL "Emotion Line" IV yesterday. What else is there to say but WOW.

Very well packaged, very well made and worth every penny.

https://shop.cefics.com/punkair-mode...n-line-iv?c=87

Here are the specs from the website (if ever the link is no longer valid in a few years and the product line changes)

- Ingenious full-scale paragliding flying system
- Developed by German champions Joachim Schweigler and Sascha Rentel
- Official license of FRESH BREEZE for the Scale Prop cage
- Various mounting positions for accelerator servos, Pocket for GPS tracker
- Precise, sturdy and lightweight, sets all control commands precise
- even as a
glider variant without engine and cage fly - Innovative suspension technology of the paraglider

A paraglider needs a perfect flight system to be able to deploy all its power optimally.
In addition, it must provide the pilot with a variety of functions, implement exactly all control commands and be easy to use.
Our Emotion XL flight system has the same outstanding features as the size L.
Due to its size and clever design, there is even more room for RC equipment.
It captivates with maximum quality and ingenious full-scale optics.
Genuine paraglider harness material, multiple zippers to get in touch with the technology and change the batteries make handling a pleasure.
Perfectly balanced to get the most out of your paraglider.
In the design, great care was taken to make the flying system very light, versatile and extremely robust.
Paragliders can be changed in a matter of seconds with the quick-change carabiners or the optional Tuning suspension hanger Emotion.
The sturdy metal seat inside the harness has different shots for accelerator servos and provides ample space for large drive batteries.
The punkair EMOTION paragliding systems set new standards in terms of processing, appearance and function.

Supplied with:
Propellerring XL Fresh Breeze Thorix
harness XL Emotion Line
Hanger Comfort Line for L and XL
metal seat XL
Pilot Peer XL

Paragliders:
- Crossalps 2.8 Hybrid
- Crossalps 2.8 DS
- Sir Edmund 2.5

Weight about 2100g

The goal for me was to have one backpack that could fit several of my wings with varied weight ranges. The Emotion XL fits the bill.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2019, 05:36 AM
Thread OP
The box arrived from Germany very well packaged.
Aug 15, 2019, 05:40 AM
Thread OP
The harness is well made, solid and very roomy. There will be no problem to fit a 4s -- 6s battery.
Aug 15, 2019, 05:51 AM
Thread OP
The metal seat has several options to install the servos and accelerator servos. The kit can be used with or without a pilot and with or without the harness.
Aug 15, 2019, 11:18 AM
Thread OP
And here is Pilot Peer. You can see the size comparison to Opale Pilot Tom, Opale Pilot Lucas and Jonny Pilot.
Aug 15, 2019, 11:26 AM
Thread OP
The prop ring is very nicely made and also has the option to install the accelerator servos directly to the prop ring.

They also provide the drill holes that can fit almost any brushless motor.
Aug 15, 2019, 11:49 AM
Thread OP
The kit comes with the regular crossbar. I also purchased the quick release system since I'll be using the backpack with multiple wings. Again everything is nicely made.

Build thread later when I get the time.
Aug 15, 2019, 12:44 PM
Way to much free time!
Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
Aug 23, 2019, 10:17 PM
I've got to admit I appreciate the detail and realism! Nice!

Quick Reply