This thread is privately moderated by crteensy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 14, 2019, 04:52 PM
Thread OP
Video

FPV progress - flight #1

Here's a video of my very first flight with an FPV quadcopter. I had about 3 hours of LOS stick time before that, and about 2 hours in the FPV Freerider simulator (which felt kinda awkward compared to the real deal, but that's surely just a matter of settings!).

My very first FPV quadcopter flight (2 min 20 sec)

That last move was just too low for the remaining altitude, and the battery ejected.

Overall FPV seems to be *a lot* simpler to learn than LOS, but with a few quirks:
  • it's harder to estimate the altitude
  • it's harder to estimate speed
  • you need a reliable quad that you trust
  • get a battery-backed buzzer
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply