Oct 03, 2019, 08:12 PM
Scale Aircraft = Scale Crators
Dinner dinner
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2019, 08:23 PM
Thread OP
Sure why not.. not much to say yet. I don't do FB... pictures if I find time. Super easy flying day today. Tomorrow wind forecast 15 to 25. We put off final set up to allow flying before the breeze.
Ho hum not as much going on today as I expected. I know that work thing sucks. New rule the CD gets to test all the beer.
Oct 04, 2019, 05:51 PM
More dinner. All we have been doing is eating...
Oct 04, 2019, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4fun
Sure why not.. not much to say yet. I don't do FB... pictures if I find time. Super easy flying day today. Tomorrow wind forecast 15 to 25. We put off final set up to allow flying before the breeze.
Ho hum not as much going on today as I expected. I know that work thing sucks. New rule the CD gets to test all the beer.
Better check those minimum weights in the wind. Tree climber on speed dial.
Oct 05, 2019, 07:49 AM
Dark Side of the Red Merle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejr83
Are we posting here?
http://www.f3xevents.com/release/F3J...VENT=F3JTS2019
Oct 06, 2019, 10:02 PM
Prelims are done!

Hope y'all have been keeping up on the site. My first day did not go too well. Ended up mid-airing with Tom in the 5th round on final. The next round my backup decided to quit working about a minute into the flight. It spun in from about half launch height. It hit hard enough that it blew all the flight control surfaces from the wing, shattered the spar in the center panel and took the teeth out from the ailoron servos. To add insult to injury after we got back to Airbnb I took a miss step out of the van and fell on my soft bag and put my elbow through my super lightweight center panel. Not a great day. Damaging or destroying three models generally requires a significant amount of work!

Anyhow, Gordon Jody and I or able to fix my primary. I was able to fly it for six rounds on Sunday. I ran into another issue after the fourth round where my radio refused to turn off. After coaxing it through several slaps it finally decided to respond to the power button. However after that the screen decided to flicker. My thought was to not use a radio that may fail during a flight. Luckily a backup FrSky Horus X10S was procured and I was able to rebind my plane with my program onto it. In the end I made all of my round times with acceptable landings. If I could have flown the two rounds with zeros at an acceptable score I think I wouldn't be near the top 10 or so pilots.
Oct 07, 2019, 09:11 AM
Why does team 3 drag thier feet entering scores?
Oct 07, 2019, 09:22 AM
It looks like scoring problems. They just posted standings with zeros for all of team 3 in round 14 and zeros for everyone in round 15.
Oct 07, 2019, 03:00 PM
Congrats to the new team!
Jeff, Josh, and Neal, you all flew great and will represent us well.

Especially happy for Josh. Long time coming and all your work finally paid off!

Tom
Oct 07, 2019, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling
Congrats to the new team!
Jeff, Josh, and Neal, you all flew great and will represent us well.

Especially happy for Josh. Long time coming and all your work finally paid off!

Tom
Hey Tom,

are you reporting the official final standings or what the f3x website shows? The standings in the website do not appear to be scoring the dropped rounds according to the contest rules.

Luis
Oct 07, 2019, 03:57 PM
Program rules give one drop for the 10 minute rounds and 1 drop for the 15 minute rounds if 5 15 minute rounds are flown. If less than 5 are flown, there will be one drop for the entire contest.

Even if they had a drop for the 15's, the top three would be the same.
Oct 07, 2019, 04:06 PM
Does one junior go with the team, or all three?

Thanks
Oct 07, 2019, 04:16 PM
Professional Lurker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyOne
Does one junior go with the team, or all three?

Thanks
All three make up the full Junior team.

Chris
Oct 07, 2019, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling
Program rules give one drop for the 10 minute rounds and 1 drop for the 15 minute rounds if 5 15 minute rounds are flown. If less than 5 are flown, there will be one drop for the entire contest.

Even if they had a drop for the 15's, the top three would be the same.
Thanks Tom! So happy my buddies Josh and Neal made the team. I was holding my breath waiting for official word!
Oct 08, 2019, 07:31 AM
Barney Fife, Vigilante
Josh and Neal kicked @$$ all weekend. It was a lot of fun working with those guys. The competition was my first in four years with big planes and gave me a lot of energy to go back to the shop.

Good times... except the suckball drive home. That was a foggy, rainy mess.

Quick Reply