Blu-Beagle, A DPF Pusher-Trainer - Page 5 - RC Groups
Mar 03, 2005, 06:45 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
This may take a while , making a bird out of a bird ....I dunno '??????
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
to remove ads between posts
Mar 03, 2005, 06:57 PM
Crash Master
See, SAME NOSE!
Mar 03, 2005, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond
See, SAME NOSE!
Absolutely the same nose. But look at your original picture. Don't those wings look like beagle ears coming out of the head?

Felix
Mar 03, 2005, 08:41 PM
does anybody have any flight vids??...
Mar 03, 2005, 09:15 PM
Crash Master
Jer got some of mine flying, but it's boring... Need to get some better shots. I've been (re) distracted...
Mar 04, 2005, 06:09 AM
gpw
gpw
on to something , need more pics of the bird , we're close now ...
Mar 04, 2005, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
on to something , need more pics of the bird , we're close now ...
found a couple more
Mar 04, 2005, 06:28 AM
gpw
gpw
Saw , thanks Dude , I got it now ...
Mar 04, 2005, 06:41 AM
gpw
gpw
like this sorta'?????
Mar 04, 2005, 06:51 AM
John 3:16
Here are a couple of woodstock:
Daddy-O
Mar 04, 2005, 06:54 AM
John 3:16
Oops. Here's the pics.
Daddy-O
Mar 04, 2005, 06:59 AM
The Blu-Beagle looks a fair bit my Ugly1, or at least a mix of that and one of the 50 wings I have tried on Ugly's 1-10. It had a snoopy nose and a bluecor sandwich fuse. I also ran a 280DD on U1 once. The beauty of this design is you can easily change motor/wing/battery combinations as long as your motor mount is high enough for the prop clearance and you choose a beefy ESC. I have since gone to using slaps of EPP for the fuse and much more elaborate building rituals because they have grown into bigger and faster pack mules.

The one thing I was never succcessful with was the V-tail. Has anyone flew a V-tail Blu-Beagle yet? I have tried it on two Ugly's and it Porpoised BAD in the wind. Of course, by U4 I was expecting to be able to at least safely launch and land in 10 MPH winds and U10 has been out in 20+ gusts so I am not sure if anyone else is that crazy.
Mar 04, 2005, 07:08 AM
Maybe Woodstock could be a 50% Beagle with an IPS-DD motor for scale. I flew that combo with a sub 5oz skytrick conversion. It was quite speedy and could belly drag ROG off hard snow/ice. I had so much fun between the full speed passes and the "drag and go's" on ice that it died at a very young age.
Mar 04, 2005, 07:33 AM
gpw
gpw
fdisk... how about a "Frankenbeagle"....hahahahaha
Mar 04, 2005, 11:28 AM
FDISK, I converted that harborfreight plane also, I haven't the courage to fly it, why did yours crash? Mine has 2 cirrus 5.4 servos and small gws motor to fit into cowling and a pixie 7 speed control and a gws 4 channel rec. I doubt the motor will keep it aloft, as I recall it's max thrust is 1/3 the weight of the plane, and that right there sounds like trouble, any suggestions? Mind you weight is of main concern, current auw is 2.7 oz with batt. 2.2 without. Or 78 grams with 64 without batt. Just looked up the motor I used gws edp 20a with a 2508 prop = 22.41 grams of thrust, Help me out guys, will this thing fly or drop like a rock? Thanks alot---Jim.

Quick Reply