Blu-Beagle, A DPF Pusher-Trainer - Page 4 - RC Groups
Mar 02, 2005, 11:47 AM
Crash Master
Actually, the fuse is sort of 'V' shaped. You can see in one of the pics that it's about 3/4" open on the top, and tight at the bottom. I actually built it with a wrap-around fuse, but found it's not worth the trouble.

The servos on mine are just stuck in from the sides, just above the stick. The whole top of the servo is out in the air, like a profile would be. The drag isn't a big deal.

I used hot glue for everything, including holding the servos. The motor is held to the stick with tie-wraps, though the stick is held in with hot glue.

I build the model, all but the radio gear, and use masking tape to hold the parts and try to balance it by moving them around where it makes sense.

My AUW was listed, but IIRC was 8oz or so.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2005, 12:09 PM
Ah, now I'm starting to get it!

BTW, what is the difference in flight characteristics of GPW's wing versus
your origonal design on the plan? (Beside a little extra work )
Mar 02, 2005, 12:47 PM
How about Control-horn placement? Pictures look like upperside of V-tails, far inward towards stick right?
Mar 02, 2005, 03:17 PM
Crash Master
The tip-dihedral wing should really act about the same, assuming the same effective dihedral... For instance, if only 50% of one side of the wing is up, it needs to go up twice as far.

Guys use it because sometimes it makes it easier to brace, or may not require a brace, where the center dihedral bend normally needs it....

GPW probably did it because 'it looks cool'
Mar 02, 2005, 06:32 PM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Yeah!!! I had to have some place to feature those paws ....hahahahaha true!!!
And I was able to use my favorite skewer le and te trick , good when you don't have any dihedral and good brace for the rubber bands too ...
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Mar 02, 2005, 06:51 PM
John 3:16
Okay, I'm curious. What is your favorite skewer le and te trick? Can you give us a close-up picture of it? It sure does look great all put together!
Daddy-O
Mar 02, 2005, 07:32 PM
gpw
gpw
D/O... it's the same old same old about gluing skewers to the leading and trailing edge ....in the middle of the wing .... some guys use fiberglas , some cf , cheepo's like me use bamboo .... works like a spar ... do you really need a pic ?
Mar 02, 2005, 07:43 PM
No pic necessary. I thought it was another ingenious invention of yours, like the foam bending jig, or a dozen other ingenious building techniques that you experienced builders have figured out. I don't need a picture for this one though.
Daddy-O
Mar 02, 2005, 07:52 PM
Thanks Gene and Glen, cut and hot glued one together last night, spray glued the snoopy on, but left the paws off, thought maybe glen the artist would grace us with a oh heck forgot his name, the little yellow bird that hangs around snoopy, to fit on the vertical stab on both sides---Please Glen? BTW, my son loves it and can't wait to test fly it!
Mar 02, 2005, 07:56 PM
Woodstock
Mar 02, 2005, 09:16 PM
Crash Master
Believe it or not, I was thinking of Woodstock when I saw how the nose came up, and when Snoopy was brought up instead, I had to look again I almost pee'd myself laughing after that
Mar 02, 2005, 09:38 PM
How could I forget woodstock, I was raised in upper state NY, and wanted to go to Woodstock, But my dad had other ideas, was a good thing too, cause I wasn't even ready for Woodstock! So how about a Woodstock that I can glue on to finish this cute little plane? PLEASE???
Mar 03, 2005, 07:31 AM
gpw
gpw
Woodstock .... that brings back many memories ....Music , Love ,flower print cotton dressed earth mothers , herb tea, Zen ,driving to California in a rented truck with the band....well , some of it was more Fun than others .....Let's do Woodstock , anybody got a pic????
Mar 03, 2005, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpw
.....Let's do Woodstock , anybody got a pic????
Google popped up a couple.
Mar 03, 2005, 10:53 AM
Thank you, Thank you!!!

Quick Reply