Blu-Beagle, A DPF Pusher-Trainer - Page 3 - RC Groups
Feb 28, 2005, 07:06 AM
HELL no you cant fly it!
HAHAHAHAHHA a few modifications to your plans to fit my gear and WHALA! ips a BEAGLE MuahahahahahahahaMuahahhahahaa. THIS THING WAS FAST! for an ips anyways. I used pull pull controls on all of the surfaces, I never knew dental floss had so many uses . MY DAD WAS FLYING THIS THING WITHOUT ME TRIMMING IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!! ROCK ON GENE!!!!

Matt
to remove ads between posts
Feb 28, 2005, 07:10 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”

That was some break???

Used my time wisely to finish the airframe of the BluBeagle.... came out nice , the kiddies are gonna'love it !!!The wife said it was "cute"...Whoa!!!! Now to get yet even more servos .....

in the first pic , you'll notice the headphone/helment hatch cover removed for access....
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Feb 28, 2005, 07:33 AM
Mocking Birds
GPW, As usual a work of art, but it is screaming for paw prints on the underside of the wing and tail!
Feb 28, 2005, 07:38 AM
gpw
gpw
Oh Yeah!!!! Thanks !!!! Will make it so ...
Feb 28, 2005, 08:13 AM
Crash Master
Beautiful!

I see you took a couple of liberties (Slotted rubberband hole, tip dihedral, side hatch, etc)

Let us know!
Feb 28, 2005, 08:42 AM
Brit in Bahrain

Blu-beagle

I have to say that with Gene's design skills and GPW's build that thing is definitely a work of art !!!!!!

Nigel
Feb 28, 2005, 08:50 AM
gpw
gpw
I must apologize for my tendencies to stray from the plans ...hopefully ,all will be forgiven at a later time....I did think the earphone /hatch worked out cool ....I now realize I should have mounted the landing gear to the stick (Gym-Blu style ) before I glued it to the dog .....DUH????
Feb 28, 2005, 11:40 AM
YOU GUYS ROCK! Nice plane!
Feb 28, 2005, 07:24 PM
Great plane idea. My GF is gonna love it.

Any plans on getting some higher quality scans of the graphics to put on it? I'd love to think of a way to make a full skin for the front...

Just thinking out loud.

Thanks!
Feb 28, 2005, 07:47 PM
gpw
gpw
Think of the scans as "impressionism " and should be viewed from a distance .... like a Monet ...
Feb 28, 2005, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond
Keeps the throws mild (1/2") deflection or so, and adjust to taste.
Cool plane! Thinking of having one of these ready for continuing to learn on when my weather cooperates.

How is deflection "kept mild" in setting this plane up? Is it possible to effectively do this w/o a computer radio? More simply, how are you adjusting deflection? (I'm assuming deflection refers to available travel distance for the surfaces)

I'd picked out most my gear for the foamy trainers (Nowthis one for my wife to share! ) I'm preparing, but now concerned that these deflection issues could be a problem without a more fancy Tx.
Feb 28, 2005, 10:33 PM
Crash Master
You can adjust the throws with several analog radios, by using the 'ATV' or 'Gain' adjustments.

Even if they don't have TX adjustments, you can adjust mechanically, by moving the rod to an inside hole of the servo (less travel), or lengthening the control surface arm (less travel).
Mar 01, 2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks Gene, is the 1/2" deflection include both directions or just movement on one side of the surface?

Can anyone post pics of the inner fuse, like with one side off? I ask because after looking at the plans several times I still don't understand how the battery stays in place as well as all the other electronics.

What about the main stick? How does that attach to the main fuse. section I couldn't tell enough from the text description in the first post and the pictures. Certainly the sides look further than 1/4" apart.

Sorry, I am one of those people that needs detailed directions with an up close picture of every step. If any one builds and takes detailed pictures of each step I know at least one person it would help Feel free to send them my way!
Mar 02, 2005, 05:46 AM
Crash Master
Sorry, we get in such a hurry around here sometimes, we talk in shorthand

The throws are 1/2" from center - each way.

The sides are glued to the stick, then a strip is wrapped around the outside. The battery and the other stuff is just held in by the friction of the narrow chamber. My packs are wide enough that there's plenty of friction. If need be, you could add a shim along side the pack to hold it, like maybe with a K340 pack that's real thin.

Just ask away, we don't mind the questions!
Mar 02, 2005, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Bond
The sides are glued to the stick, then a strip is wrapped around the outside. The battery and the other stuff is just held in by the friction of the narrow chamber. My packs are wide enough that there's plenty of friction. If need be, you could add a shim along side the pack to hold it, like maybe with a K340 pack that's real thin.
Thanks.
Wow, so there's only a 1/4" gap for the all the electronics including servo's?
(I thought I noted at least one picture with internal servo installation. So 1/4" holds even the ESC and Rx. Has anyone had experience with component movement inside the fuse from any manuevers?

How does one figure out the placement of ESC, Rec. ect,?

Because of possible tension with the components and all, what kind of glue did you construct yours with?

Epoxy on the V-tail?

Anybody take note of their AUW's?

Quick Reply