Blu-Beagle, A DPF Pusher-Trainer - Page 2 - RC Groups
Feb 21, 2005, 09:08 AM
Why aren't you out flyin?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spy king
Why is it necessary to bewel both the edges of the Elevator??
wont one side be enough?(Or is ther some thing I am missing?)
-Ashwin
Maybe this will help Ashwin,
Figure 1 illustrates what Gene was suggesting. 2 edges are beveled and it makes a very freely moving hinge. Figure 2 illustrates the use of only 1 bevel. This will work but doesn't move as freely as Fig 1. I'm lazy and usually do it as in Figure 2.
-Rick
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2005, 09:15 AM
Just "PLANE" crazy
OK thanks...
U got PM(In a sec)
-Ashwin
Feb 21, 2005, 09:50 AM
Master of the figure 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcplanebuster
Gene,
I forgot to ask... what kind of tubing do you use to guide the control rods? I am looking for one for my Pitts project. Thanks!
-Jodan
Jordan
I use the red coffee stir sticks that they have at most gas stations. When I buy a cup of coffee I grab a couple extras. They are usually red with a white stripe and are hollow on the inside.
Feb 21, 2005, 08:53 PM
Crash Master
Got a chance this afternoon over at Jerbears to fly out another pack... We both enjoyed it. Seems to just right. The winds were 5-8 I'd say, and didn't really bother it too much. Soon I'll build another with the V-tail I put on the plans. May even try some landing gear for grins...
Feb 21, 2005, 11:29 PM
Lagopus lagopus
Cool airplane! Like it. If you crash it, at least you can repair it easily.
Feb 22, 2005, 07:31 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Wow!!! Downloaded the .pdf ... looks really SUPER!!!! Just Gotta' be a great trainer , and the 280 DD makes it so much less complicated .... I'm building this one NEXT!!!!... Once again Genebond , a BIG THANKS for all your design research ....It's so much FUN building other peoples planes , especially when they work so well ....
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Feb 22, 2005, 09:37 PM
Crash Master
Glen: Do me a favor and try the V-tail, if you will. The numbers should be right, but you know how that goes... Looking forward to some feedback!
Feb 23, 2005, 05:41 AM
HELL no you cant fly it!
Hmmmmmm, TIME TO BUY A V-TAIL MIXER GUYS!!!!!! hahahahahaha. Would this thing fly on a j250 dd. If so should i use my 8.4V 300mah mimh, or my 7.2v 350mah nicd?

By the way awesome job!
Matthew Zizzi
Feb 23, 2005, 05:56 AM
Crash Master
Matthew: I'm sure the J-250 DD would work. I haven't tried it yet. I'd start with a 4x2.5 prop, then go to one of the Hobbico 4" red props we've been playing with.

I opted to go for the 280 (EM100), since most of us flying J-250's have these piled up from pulling them out og EPS-100 boxes for the J-250's. So they are even better priced than the J-250's, they are free Also, if starting from scratch, the EDP-100 is awful cheap. It's cheaper than the EDP-50 most places!

For the battery, I'd bet either would be fine. I'm using an ET-1200-2s, and the motor and pack come down very cool after 10 minutes or so of full-throttle flying. This EM-100 / 5030 / 2s combo only pulls 3A. A J-250 / 4025 is more like 6A, or double the power...

There's plenty of room in Snoop's 'head' for most any pack to balance....
Feb 23, 2005, 07:20 AM
gpw
gpw
Gene , I liked it so much ,I was gonna' build on anyway ... Vtail , you got it!!!! Say , that V tail thing you mentioned about how well they fly on slow planes , sure is true .... smooth flat turns without losing any altitude .... NICE!!!
Feb 23, 2005, 08:21 AM
Crash Master
Yea, the Standard tail on this one works fine, but may have a little more yaw / skidding in the turns. Funny, but I think there's plenty of dihedral. Anyway, it does make it more nuetral around center, which is good for the target audience...

I did get it to roll the other day, but it was more like a spiral-dive When I turned the rudder throw up too far, it really wants to throw the nose down. I don't see it as a problem, as it doesn't do anything stupid with 'reasonable' throws (+/- 1/2"), but 1-1/2" is too much

It'll be interesting to get your take on it with the V-tail. I'm also thinking of trying 3 cells, since the motor and pack are so cool coming down...
Feb 23, 2005, 08:32 AM
gpw
gpw
We NEVER do anything STUPID!!!!....hahahahahahahaha But , Hey !!! Somebody's gotta' go there to tell the rest of us ....to prevent us from doing something stupid .... do we listen ???
Snap rolls might be FUN ??? hahahahaha

Gene , the thing I like about the V-tail ... No longer is the empennage subject to "grass rash"... so can be fairly lightweight material since it's ONLY subject to flightloads...
Feb 24, 2005, 07:42 AM
gpw
gpw
OK!!! I downloaded the pdf and printed the fuse and V-tail out on index card stock (instant templates), got the Beagle "skins" color printed on Bond paper (what else?) Ready to begin cutting parts ...

Is That the white Gunther "zagi" prop, that we should use...got a couple of those....
Feb 24, 2005, 09:59 AM
Crash Master
Those should work. I think they are a little more than the 5x3, maybe closer to 4A or so.

I did get a chance yesterday to try the 280/5x3 on 3s1200 Oh yea, Nice power level, and the motor was almost warm, the pack was warm, but nothing hot... Got some video, and I'll clean it up to post soon.
Feb 25, 2005, 07:55 AM
gpw
gpw
We should have an airframe today ...pics will follow

Quick Reply