Aug 17, 2019, 08:32 AM
6:40ish.

BEST COMPILATION of BAD (and CRASH) RC LANDINGS #2 (10 min 28 sec)

Seen many others... Or they just seem to flip over...
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2019, 09:05 AM
SJ
SJ
John`s video:

H-King Flycat UNBOXING AND BUILD 70mm EDF Jet (15 min 16 sec)
Aug 17, 2019, 09:13 AM
I really do like this plane (except for needing 6S lipos...), but man those stickers really are hideous.

Edit - So, the cheaper Turnigys on the product page are not available in the EU or UK. So, I'd have to take the Turnigy HD 6S 3300 60C. Three of those plus the plane would be up above €300.. To have over €150 in yet more lipos, which I could not use in anything else.... Hmm...
Last edited by Herrsavage; Aug 17, 2019 at 09:57 AM.
Aug 17, 2019, 10:24 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
HK head office: We must make a hand launched plane. This we must do!! EDF yes! We make it with a cool name, we must do... We make it without any sort of hand grip for launch....we must do....
Aug 17, 2019, 10:34 AM
SJ
SJ
I was thinking of removing a inner part of the main gear door plugs, so you maybe can hold onto the fuselage there......because pushing it from the exhaust behind the CG is usually pretty difficult.......but it does sem to have good thrust in the video, so maybe it is no big deal.....we will see. I will be hand launching it myself.
Aug 17, 2019, 10:35 AM

getting to grips with the hand launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
...We make it with a cool name, we must do... We make it without any sort of hand grip for launch....we must do....
in my experience of converting many planes to hand-launch and belly-land, the wheel wells often offer a good grip (if the fuse is not too wide) - and extend the index finger back along the fuse for stability; works with the Sea Vixen, which is pretty similar in many respects

Really like it that this comes as a hand-launcher, and you just have to remove a bit of the gear plugs on the inside to get your fingers into (thumb on one side, and middle or ring finger on the other, extending the index finger rearward along the fuse for a stable launch)
- a lot less of a hassle compared to removing the gear (ok. that takes not time but is a waste of money/equipment) and fill in and cover the wheel wells (cutting foam pieces to fit, make them flush, probably paint etc.)

EDIT: SJ, you beat me to it
Last edited by mopetista; Aug 17, 2019 at 11:22 AM.
Aug 17, 2019, 11:19 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
I was thinking of removing a inner part of the main gear door plugs, so you maybe can hold onto the fuselage there......because pushing it from the exhaust behind the CG is usually pretty difficult.......but it does sem to have good thrust in the video, so maybe it is no big deal.....we will see. I will be hand launching it myself.
For me its a big deal.... 1200°F haha....
Aug 17, 2019, 11:22 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista
works with the Sea Vixen, which is pretty similar in many respects
Wow yes, this is correct. The Vixen was so light, very visible in my video here. If the Übercat is the same it's fine anyway. Still.... we must make it with no hand grip!

Durafly Sea Vixen with kolibri T15 (5 min 29 sec)
Aug 17, 2019, 12:46 PM
Thanks Wilber and Orville !.
Hmm....now days its pretty much . 3S 2200. 4S 3200. 6S 5200. 8S 3200. Or their abouts. I really like this one but only have 3 6s 4000 packs. Many many others. I suppose I could use The Tattu 6s 5000 ones in this as they are small and light.
Aug 17, 2019, 02:29 PM
JohnVHRC
Driving home from the flying field now, put two flights on it, you guys are gonna like these, tons of power, easy to launch, video will be up soon
Latest blog entry: 94,5" Navy Cub
Aug 17, 2019, 02:45 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
HK head office: We must make a hand launched plane. This we must do!! EDF yes! We make it with a cool name, we must do... We make it without any sort of hand grip for launch....we must do....
You guys worried about launching it will be relieved seeing John's launches. We both flew ours with great success. Click that button now https://bit.ly/2TI2rsl
Last edited by GBLynden; Aug 17, 2019 at 03:19 PM.
Aug 17, 2019, 02:50 PM
SJ
SJ
video, or it didn`t happen :-)
Aug 17, 2019, 03:12 PM
JohnVHRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
If your subbed to my YT it’s uploading now.
Aug 17, 2019, 03:19 PM
I review RC Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
We video everything
Aug 17, 2019, 03:59 PM
JohnVHRC
H-King Flycat MAIDEN FLIGHT Review 70mm EDF Jet by HobbyKing (4 min 33 sec)

More info / order here https://bit.ly/31Kk2CQ

Quick Reply