Aug 15, 2019, 03:09 PM
But Honey, It was on sale
Hi Gents, This cat looks interesting, I still have a old AirWingRc Bobcat With a pusher prop, flaps and dual rudders, 45 in. wingspan, Runs on a 3600 4s battery, Still flies great after 5 years, But , I just may have to get this one, I love the looks of the cats, And they have been hard to find for awhile, So this one just might be a worthy contender in the jet market.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2019, 11:00 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
I am thinking the Flycat will be a good companion to the EFXtra, though airspeed/volt efficiency will put the EFXtra above the Flycat. (I tell myself these things to help justify my purchase. Like when you get a second puppy because you decide puppy #1 needs a companion.)
I am not too keen on all the stickers of the new Flycat. A repaint will be a must.
Soooo.... just how many puppies do you have at home now, Cub?
Aug 17, 2019, 12:01 AM
Guess we all can live with something that flies like a CAT (agile, maybe not too fast, but quick), but not something flies like a DOG lol

Wonder where does the word CAT for this type of airframe come from?
Aug 17, 2019, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303
...Wonder where does the word CAT for this type of airframe come from?
catamaran (twin hull / twin boom)?
Aug 17, 2019, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista
catamaran (twin hull / twin boom)?
Possibly..Just like the F-14 Tomcat
Aug 17, 2019, 01:54 AM
Giant Scale 3D
H-King Flycat 70mm 12-Blade EDF Jet 1042mm (41") Maiden flight (0 min 57 sec)
Last edited by Alexzzz; Aug 17, 2019 at 02:01 AM.
Aug 17, 2019, 02:26 AM
Nice.. Looks like fun..

What battery?
Aug 17, 2019, 02:32 AM
Very nice maiden! The cat has a lot of thrust and agile, flies light, all great news for pilots! I am very tempted.

Thanks Mopetista for the CAT explanation! Wonder those turbine trainers should have been called BOOMECAT instead of BOOMERANG lol : http://www.boomerang-rc-jets.com/tur...rang-jets.html
Aug 17, 2019, 03:32 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Wow thats slow!(which is good)

As Hk screwed up with the 10% code I need to forget about that before ordering. Hopefully I can get the spareparts alone.
Aug 17, 2019, 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
Wow thats slow!(which is good)

As Hk screwed up with the 10% code I need to forget about that before ordering. Hopefully I can get the spareparts alone.
An alternative fan would be FMS 12b.
Freewing has a high power 70mm 12b fan that might be good for this Cat: https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7558

Considering the wingspan, it is worthwhile to modify to fit a 80mm fan. Someone might want try modify into 90mm
Aug 17, 2019, 06:00 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Guess we all can live with something that flies like a CAT (agile, maybe not too fast, but quick), but not something flies like a DOG lol

Wonder where does the word CAT for this type of airframe come from?
The original Fly Cat was modeled after the BVM King Cat turbine jet. Now this is the Flycat v2 and the name stayed.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Aug 17, 2019, 06:12 AM
Seems like whenever I watch RC crash videos on youtube, those are the planes which are always hopping up and down to destruction on landing...
Aug 17, 2019, 06:59 AM
SJ
SJ
Good video. My edf will be removed and balanced first thing. Seems to have good power.
Is the throttle an on/off switch?
Aug 17, 2019, 07:00 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Seems like whenever I watch RC crash videos on youtube, those are the planes which are always hopping up and down to destruction on landing...
Older planes, with older technology from the most expensive brand powered by the most expensive engines needing the longest runways and best weather.... sort of adds up to rich people having them and they fly them way to little to be comfortable with the plane combined with poor design for training and sloow spooling engines...... hence all the hopping...
Aug 17, 2019, 07:06 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
An alternative fan would be FMS 12b.
Freewing has a high power 70mm 12b fan that might be good for this Cat: https://www.rc-castle.com/index.php?...roduct_id=7558

Considering the wingspan, it is worthwhile to modify to fit a 80mm fan. Someone might want try modify into 90mm
Nah was thinking about the launch into some sort of harrier against the wind. It's really good it performs slow. Easy handling and no knees shaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Older planes, with older technology from the most expensive brand powered by the most expensive engines needing the longest runways and best weather.... sort of adds up to rich people having them and they fly them way to little to be comfortable with the plane combined with poor design for training and sloow spooling engines...... hence all the hopping...

this is why I like putting my turbines in the foamies. Modern designs that fly very well over all and with a large foam crush zone in front of the engine. No real need for a paved runway and the price is way lower. All this removes the rattling knees and most get to relax while flying jets.

When you think about it you never see any of the BVM guys tossing EPO gliders, toying with their daughter while shooting video and flying the turbine jet at the same time.

Everyday life with this kind of slow foamies.
Relax and just fly Twinjet (3 min 32 sec)

Quick Reply