Aug 15, 2019, 09:28 AM
SJ
SJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
Wonder if there is room for fuel
it does look a little small in the battery compartment.

Mine should be here on monday
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2019, 09:35 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwen303
I haven't seen much real turbines flying in my rc field, but the two I watched were both Cats, ~$1-2k airframe

If you converted it, then you can take off from the ground without cheater hole nor gear
Or just toss it? I assume it would work close to the FMS Scorpion I did a while back.

Constantly searching for something to be the perfect chill out plane which flies good and launches/lands easy. the FMS Scorpion was good but mine were getting beaten up from a life in EDF form before going turbo.

Scorpion 70mm with Kolibri T15 (8 min 56 sec)
Aug 15, 2019, 09:37 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
it does look a little small in the battery compartment.

Mine should be here on monday
Cool, please check it out for me. A 400cc bottle is all it takes.

This is from the Scorpion

Aug 15, 2019, 10:03 AM
SJ
SJ
I will measure, but it looks small. :-)

Look how tight that graphene pack is in the picture, and the dimensions are : Battery Size: 137x45x47mm

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene...___store=en_us
Aug 15, 2019, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Or just toss it? I assume it would work close to the FMS Scorpion I did a while back.

Constantly searching for something to be the perfect chill out plane which flies good and launches/lands easy. the FMS Scorpion was good but mine were getting beaten up from a life in EDF form before going turbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45uFbHWuhBo
I am too scared to handlaunch by myself, hence recessed wheels under belly for takeoff if all possible.
Aug 15, 2019, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
I will measure, but it looks small. :-)

Look how tight that graphene pack is in the picture, and the dimensions are : Battery Size: 137x45x47mm

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene...___store=en_us
Perhaps it is possible to enlarge the compartment before assembly, or even glue foam pieces between the halves on both top and bottom to add space?
Aug 15, 2019, 10:15 AM
SJ
SJ
The fuselage is allready assembled it seems.

But it looks like my 6s 5000 zippy compact will fit :-)
It only weighs 45g more than that Graphene pack in the video, and it is same size and only slightly longer, but looks like the CG will be ok. We will see :-)

Graphene
Specs:
Capacity: 3000mAh
Cell Count: 6
Voltage: 22.2V
Constant Discharge: 75C
Peak Discharge (3s): 150C
Battery Size: 137x45x47mm
Weight: 598g
Pack Resistance: 18mΩ
Charge Plug: JST-XH-7P
Discharge Plug: XT90

Zippy:
Spec.
Capacity: 5000mAh
Voltage: 6S1P / 6 Cell / 22.2V
Discharge: 25C Constant / 35C Burst
Weight: 645g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 157x45x46mm
Balance Plug: JST-XHP
Discharge Plug: XT90
Aug 15, 2019, 10:19 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
No problem digging out foam. Remember I don't need the fancy ducting. Also the bottle needs to be spot on CG where the battery pics show the area in front of CG
Aug 15, 2019, 11:08 AM
Henke, have you done turbine conversion on Freewing Mig-21 or A-4? Would be awesome!!!
Aug 15, 2019, 11:46 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Henke, have you done turbine conversion on Freewing Mig-21 or A-4? Would be awesome!!!
I've done alot but I try atleast a little bit to not spam too much about my turbines, trying to keep it around the plane in the thread at least. Trying to buy this one now but the HK 10% code not working... LOL HK......
Aug 15, 2019, 12:04 PM
SJ
SJ
yea, my 10% code that expires in october does not work either. Thought it was beacause it is a new product, but then I ordered some PLA fillament for my 3d printer, and the code did not work for that either. Cant complain....still inexpensive with out the 10% :-)
Aug 15, 2019, 01:33 PM
Quote:
I've done alot but I try atleast a little bit to not spam too much about my turbines, trying to keep it around the plane in the thread at least. Trying to buy this one now but the HK 10% code not working... LOL HK......
Each code has "Terms and Conditions", probably not working for New Items, which this Flycat probably belongs. Happened to me, chatted with HK and got clarification, so no surprises.

Hope they also sell the kits too.
Aug 15, 2019, 01:54 PM
Giant Scale 3D
I will maiden mine tomorrow
Aug 15, 2019, 01:56 PM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Each code has "Terms and Conditions", probably not working for New Items, which this Flycat probably belongs. Happened to me, chatted with HK and got clarification, so no surprises.

Hope they also sell the kits too.
We have Product exclusions: Around 700 SKUs including All items on our "New Items " page , Flash Deal page , Bargain Bin page as well as select bulky or volumetric weighted items like e-bikes, scooters, 3D printers, Printer filament, Carry cases and large bags, LiPo batteries 4S and larger, large EDF's and gas motors, Jets, Planes, Helicopters large drones, boats and cars are excluded from the Discount Code offer".

What they are saying is that the HK code they provide are effectively not working at the HK site... ya ya HK in a nut shell!
Aug 15, 2019, 02:52 PM
SJ
SJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexzzz
I will maiden mine tomorrow

Looking good Alex

Quick Reply