Aug 14, 2019, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
Belly cheater :-)
Oh, too bad, will have to modify for ground takeoff without gears: cover belly cheater, enlarge top cheaters like Eflite F-16

Like the page 5/6 where plywood pieces is glued to fuse before assemble the wings to the fuse. Very nice idea if anyone has small room to store the model and need to assemble the model just before flying?
Last edited by edwen303; Aug 14, 2019 at 10:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2019, 11:34 AM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
I had the original Flycat years ago (picture below) with a Don's Wicked motor and really enjoyed it. (till it smashed into the ground at very high speed) I have another of the old original FlyCats new in box, but this EDF version looks interesting. Might have to add one to the hangar.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Aug 14, 2019, 11:48 AM
Any of the Cat seems all flying very well. I also have a cheap Hobbypeople quick 1, still in flying condition after 10 years! https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...video-added%29

This EDF with multiblade fan would be much quieter.

If the wingloading is light, these Cat would be very stable, agile, aerobatic, and fast. This Flycat seems getting it good. Any AUW flying weight numbers coming out? At this size, if 1.5 kg flying weight, the performance would be phenomenal, expect around 1:1 thrust weight ratio
Last edited by edwen303; Aug 14, 2019 at 11:54 AM.
Aug 14, 2019, 12:28 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
I am thinking the Flycat will be a good companion to the EFXtra, though airspeed/volt efficiency will put the EFXtra above the Flycat. (I tell myself these things to help justify my purchase. Like when you get a second puppy because you decide puppy #1 needs a companion.)

I am not too keen on all the stickers of the new Flycat. A repaint will be a must.
Latest blog entry: From the CC Paint Shop
Aug 14, 2019, 01:14 PM

JohnVH, where are your videos of this HK release?

I love watching those videos, superb flying skills and great camera work by GB Lynden - keep up the good work guys, and show us the new Flycat plse!

(I wonder why the fans in JohnVHs review models tend to sound a lot better than stock HK fans - John do you balance them yourself, or does HK give you specially prepared planes
Aug 14, 2019, 02:47 PM
Pity it doesn’t come in a Kit.. I have plenty of 70mm fans I can use..Definitely Retracts will be installed
Aug 14, 2019, 03:06 PM
Will “good” lipos make it fly much faster than the cheaper Turnigy 6S 3000 40Cs listed on the product page?
Aug 14, 2019, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Will “good” lipos make it fly much faster than the cheaper Turnigy 6S 3000 40Cs listed on the product page?
I have a Turnigy 3000mAh 40-50C 6s, very low internal resistance (close to IR of high capacity lipo), and perform fairly well. It weighs more than other packs though.
Aug 14, 2019, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
If you want good performance & punch batteries look no further than the Graphenes.. A little heavier but more than makes up in performance.. Less voltage sag compared to normal batteries as well.. I only have Graphenes from 3000mah to
5000mah..
If I buy this I will install a XRP13bl/2200kv motor & run CNHL 3000mah 6s 70c Battery .. Fan pumps out around 2000odd Watts of adrenaline..
Aug 14, 2019, 04:56 PM
I recently bought HRB batteries. I have read good things about them. I have not used them yet however.
Aug 15, 2019, 01:06 AM
HK retracts are cheap and reliable, those 1.5 kg retracts should make perfect fit. All tricycle retracts weight around 3 oz without legs/tires, adding almost no weight on the model:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...nsive-Retracts
Aug 15, 2019, 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobinseattle
I recently bought HRB batteries. I have read good things about them. I have not used them yet however.
If you also own other brands of Lipo and own a wattmeter (a must for electric flying if you care about battery health, performance, and health of power system), it is fairly easy to compare. First, balance all cells to 3.80 V, then balance charge the battery to 4.20 V per cell, if the charged amount is no less than 50% of the labelled capacity, then the battery has good capacity.
Next, test which battery gives you highest amp/watts with brief smooth throttle up to max (~10 sec) in the same power system.
Just an example, when running at full throttle and high current (for this Flycat system would be around 70A), a good lipo would give no lower than 3.7 V per cell (or 22.2 V overall).
Aug 15, 2019, 05:53 AM
slats move, slots don't
H-King Flycat 70mm EDF Jet 1042mm - HobbyKing Super Daily (2 min 23 sec)
Aug 15, 2019, 06:18 AM
Micro-Turbine Superhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ
Looks great...just dont have any 6S 3000`s

Probably cant take the "standard" 5000 pack
Wonder if there is room for fuel
Aug 15, 2019, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke
Wonder if there is room for fuel
I haven't seen much real turbines flying in my rc field, but the two I watched were both Cats, ~$1-2k airframe

If you converted it, then you can take off from the ground without cheater hole nor gear

Quick Reply