Sep 11, 2019, 10:41 PM
Acft Attn Deficit Disorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden
That looks like a Havoc Flycat! Great work Cubcrazy
That thought crossed my mind too! I didnt want to add Havoc levels of green though.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 12, 2019, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy
Thanks Herrsavage. Color with a pinstripe edge is my go-to. I knew the wings were gonna come out this way, but I wasn't sure what I was gonna do everywhere else.

Poking around looking at viable retract options, it looks like the Freewing BAE Hawk T1 gear set could be the ticket. For about $50 shipped from MotionRC to get just about all the necessary bits, I think I will give it a go. I am not going to get the upgrade struts just yet since I fly from pavement.

Here is a pic in the sunlight. The chrome leading edges will really catch the sunlight!

-CC
That looks pretty sweet right there! Nice job. I finally received the new telemetry ESC (FrSky Neuron) and BLHeli programmer for the ESC. Now just need to find time to get that set up and then I'll take my hello Kitty Kat for it's maiden If I really like it I may strip it and paint or vinyl it once the snow flies.
Sep 16, 2019, 10:49 AM
Another 10 flights on the flycat today. Really great edf . Yes the edf unit itself isn’t the best and is a screamer . This plane is pretty rapid .

We had it up against an EFxtra and I just say the fly cat wasn’t lagging behind that much ( which was surprising )
Sep 16, 2019, 10:51 AM
JohnVHRC
nice
Latest blog entry: FMS Discount Codes! Click here!
Sep 16, 2019, 12:25 PM
Some shots caught against the efx
Sep 16, 2019, 03:30 PM
I review RC Products
Fun pics!
Sep 16, 2019, 03:40 PM
I Used To Have More Free Time!
Anyone put in a hot - rod fan/motor setup yet?
Sep 16, 2019, 04:30 PM
Dry fitting Freewing BAE Hawk landing gear. I went for the upgrade struts, and I bought the mount plates too in case I decide to trim them and use them. Nose gear plate will need some teimming for sure. The main gear plates will require some foam trimming. And of course the strut pockets will need to be trimmed out. Awfully close to the cheater. We'll see.
Sep 16, 2019, 04:31 PM
JohnVHRC
awesome
Latest blog entry: FMS Discount Codes! Click here!
Sep 16, 2019, 04:39 PM
Looking good. You would have thought that HK would have had a particular set of retracts in mind when deciding to make it retract ready.
Sep 16, 2019, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy
Looking good. You would have thought that HK would have had a particular set of retracts in mind when deciding to make it retract ready.
I sold my Eflite Viper to a flying buddy, and then he crashed it on maiden. I wanted to grab the landing gear from him, but MotionRC delivered faster than I could link up with him. I think the BAE Hawk gear is better anyway. Better for grass for sure.

-CC
Sep 16, 2019, 05:49 PM
I’ve ordered the new FMS 70mm v2 pro motor . I’m not expecting more speed , but just can’t deal with how much this fan / motor screams
Sep 16, 2019, 07:19 PM
I have a couple EXP 2100kv motor/fans that I may try. But then I will have to up the ESC to at least 80 amps.
Sep 16, 2019, 07:20 PM
SJ
SJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliamgt
I’ve ordered the new FMS 70mm v2 pro motor . I’m not expecting more speed , but just can’t deal with how much this fan / motor screams
Ballance it, it sounds quite good.
Sep 16, 2019, 11:42 PM
Has anybody measured their actual Amp draw? I ask because....
On setup my ESC smoked as soon as it say power. No idea why -- so.....
I decided to use the newish FrSky Neuron80 telemetry ESC as the replacement. I've not flown yet -- but static on the bench this ESC reported I was pulling 100 amps with battery @ 3.7v/cell. (actually peaked @ 99). The ESC can take bursts of upto 120 - but I tend to fly fast aircraft with long bursts of full throttle.

Quick Reply