Oct 18, 2019, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Teat
Well the rain eventually stopped long enough to get a maiden flight in even though it was windy.

Everything is stock apart from HQ 65MM props.

Definitely getting a fair amount of prop wash so will need to find a tune on 2S.

Maiden footage (apologies for the quality Aomway Commanders V1s aren't the the best DVR recorder):

https://youtu.be/h3r1_p-05IY
Have you updated the firmware on your Aomways?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2019, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround
OK, quoting myself ...

I have just pulled the camera off and tried it on another VTX and it seems completely acceptable for the intended use. I'm not sure it was giving it's best on the maiden. The VTX is either not working or it's just that I can't make the dipole work correctly since the shielding sheared.

I'm going to buy the Eachine Nano VTX as it has a UF.L connector. Not the best connector but I'd rather have that than the soldered arrangement and the extra power could come in handy now and again.

So, new VTX and the extra protection canopy should see me back in the air cheaply. Pity about the FC but, like I think I already said, it has encouraged me to conformal coat the F7 and F4 stacks on my 5" and 3" so has, in a man maths way, been worth it!

Edit: VTX and protection canopy ordered ...
Avoid coating any onboard mics aswell as boot button, usb e.t.c. as someone said earlier. Easy to overlook them whilst waterproofing and they will not pick up a sausage if you do so.
Oct 18, 2019, 05:07 PM
Aaron Test
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmc007
Have you updated the firmware on your Aomways?
Nope. Is there a firmware update for the V1's?
Oct 21, 2019, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Teat
Nope. Is there a firmware update for the V1's?
Yes. :- http://www.aomway.com/en/downloads/

Apparently there is a risk of bricking the unit, though follow the instructions carefully and you will be good. I and countless others have done so with no problems.

Besides there is even a fix should you mess up. :-https://medium.com/@karoly.kiripolszky/how-to-fix-a-bricked-dvr-module-on-aomway-commander-v1-9fc05d0efeef

Any suggestions yet for the batteries for the Tyrone69?
Oct 21, 2019, 02:20 PM
Aaron Test
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmc007
Yes. :- http://www.aomway.com/en/downloads/

Apparently there is a risk of bricking the unit, though follow the instructions carefully and you will be good. I and countless others have done so with no problems.

Besides there is even a fix should you mess up. :-https://medium.com/@karoly.kiripolszky/how-to-fix-a-bricked-dvr-module-on-aomway-commander-v1-9fc05d0efeef

Any suggestions yet for the batteries for the Tyrone69?
Updated to V1.2 no change sadly.

As for batteries I guess it depends on how you want to fly.

I went for 2S 450mah GNB lipo's (and have some 2S high voltage on the way). I am getting close to 3 mins which I am more than happy with. If you want something more aggressive maybe 3S 300/450mah but you probably would want different props, something like Gemfan flash 2540 or Avan blurs 2.5 (can't remember the exact name).
Oct 21, 2019, 04:45 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
Still waiting for my replacement VTX and the canopy to arrive from China. My Noxe F4 FC arrived and works fine - just had to re-order the ESC to FC ribbon cable, which was a 'fun' trial and error exercise for the 4 PWM ones! I know I was going to try the camera again but then the Banggood UK warehouse listed the Runcam Nano 2 for 12 yesterday and so now that's on the way too. Poor Tyro 69, two flights, and then being pulled to pieces and rebuilt with new bits. All the parts have/will be conformal coated as well!

For anybody who may search for this in the future, if using the Noxe F4 as a replacement FC, the order of the ribbon cable (as supplied with the Tyro69) at the FC end is black (in original position) then red, yellow, green, purple and white.
Oct 24, 2019, 04:42 PM
What is the betaflight target for the Noxe F4, there is no NOXE on the BF configurator
Oct 25, 2019, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo95
What is the betaflight target for the Noxe F4, there is no NOXE on the BF configurator
I used one called NOX (no E) , which seems to work fine. That said, I can't fly with it until my VTX arrives
Oct 31, 2019, 07:40 AM
Hi, well, I've an issue to build mine... it seems receiver did'nt talk with Fc
the bridge pads for sbus are solded on Fc,( not Ppm.).
and select sbus in Betaflight, (tested with uart1 and 2 )

i've tested with 4 different Rx for my Flysky (and bind them ..)
( Fli14+14CH / FS-RX2A Pro V1/ FS-iA6B and the bigger FS-X6B )

I've also change the cable link between Fc and RX
Still have no link.

any ideas ?
thks
Last edited by mick22; Oct 31, 2019 at 08:08 AM.
Oct 31, 2019, 10:03 AM
Is it anything to do with serialrx_halfduplex or serialrx_inverted states in betaflight? It all gets me a bit confused but, if they are wrong, the receiver binds and has a green light but will not talk to the FC.

Edit, I misread - you have Flysky not Frsky.
Last edited by GoAround; Oct 31, 2019 at 06:09 PM.
Oct 31, 2019, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick22
Hi, well, I've an issue to build mine... it seems receiver did'nt talk with Fc
the bridge pads for sbus are solded on Fc,( not Ppm.).
and select sbus in Betaflight, (tested with uart1 and 2 )
i've tested with 4 different Rx for my Flysky (and bind them ..)
( Fli14+14CH / FS-RX2A Pro V1/ FS-iA6B and the bigger FS-X6B )
I've also change the cable link between Fc and RX
Still have no link.
any ideas ?
thks
Flysky (I don't own one, so ) does PPM and IBUS, no SBUS??
Oct 31, 2019, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awap
Flysky (I don't own one, so ) does PPM and IBUS, no SBUS??
Connected ! I cut the yellow wire from receiver cable to sold it on RX2 pad of the FC
black and red still wired on the connector.
( in Betaflight Rx serial + IBUS )

It's ok with FS-iA6b that should be ok with thinner receiver.

I found that in a Tyro79 topic, ( https://forum.wearefpv.fr/topic/8496...ntage-tyro-79/ )

Now, I'll do my best to configure failsafe. Next day I'll change the receiver to a little one.
Nov 01, 2019, 05:33 AM
double !
Last edited by mick22; Nov 01, 2019 at 10:51 AM.
Nov 17, 2019, 06:12 AM
Ive got mine from two days ago.

I'm very happy with this toothpick on 3S!!

Using Nick Burns PIDS from his video and i think that only need a bit of tune.

I also designed a Canopy or POD similar to eachine sells on Banggood, for better protection of Caddx cam lens.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3982102

Here my first rip with a 3S 300mah HV lipo ( better with 450 3S ) :

#Eachine #Tyro69 first lipo -[ 3S 300 mah ] (2 min 36 sec)
Nov 17, 2019, 06:23 AM
RC-addicted
Has anyone noticed the original selling price Banggood claims in the moment? 80% off $345, do they think, that we are stupid??

Quick Reply