Thread Tools
Oct 01, 2019, 04:09 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
GoAround's Avatar
Excellent. Thanks again. Right, I now have no excuses!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2019, 03:23 PM
Aaron Test
Well the rain eventually stopped long enough to get a maiden flight in even though it was windy.

Everything is stock apart from HQ 65MM props.

Definitely getting a fair amount of prop wash so will need to find a tune on 2S.

Maiden footage (apologies for the quality Aomway Commanders V1s aren't the the best DVR recorder):

🚀 Tyro69 Maiden Flight - 2S - Sure Shot 🚀 (3 min 23 sec)
Oct 04, 2019, 06:24 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
GoAround's Avatar
Very nice Aaron. You spent so long upside down that I started to think you'd set it to 3D mode! It just hung there!
Oct 05, 2019, 06:26 AM
making crashing a lifestyle!
dutchcommando's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimwolf
Aaron Teat: Try flashing Betaflight 4.1, it performs really good on defaults.
BF 4.1 is out of the flash said to be tuned for 5" quads, but manages to smoke motors and burn esc's without tuning..
it will wreak havoc on 3" quads.
so i'm not confident it will not try to kill me and the quad if flashed stock to a tyro69..


3.5.7 on stock pids and filters will not kill your motors and gives a safe starting point for tuning.

the tyro could use easily all pids halved as a starting point for tuning and chances are you could even go half that on P and D.
Oct 05, 2019, 07:56 AM
Aaron Test
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando
BF 4.1 is out of the flash said to be tuned for 5" quads, but manages to smoke motors and burn esc's without tuning..
it will wreak havoc on 3" quads.
so i'm not confident it will not try to kill me and the quad if flashed stock to a tyro69..


3.5.7 on stock pids and filters will not kill your motors and gives a safe starting point for tuning.

the tyro could use easily all pids halved as a starting point for tuning and chances are you could even go half that on P and D.

Thanks for the advice. I think the firmware on my board is 3.5.5. I will update to 3.5.7 when I get a spare minute. Has anyone else noticed you can only have 1 rate profile on the FC?
Oct 06, 2019, 02:26 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
dutchcommando's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Teat
Thanks for the advice. I think the firmware on my board is 3.5.5. I will update to 3.5.7 when I get a spare minute. Has anyone else noticed you can only have 1 rate profile on the FC?
i have 2 pid profiles active..
one with very low pids, and one with stock pids.. (for testing purposes)
have not tried 2 rate profiles, but ti think 2 pid profiles means you could have 2 rate profiles to..

how do you select them?
Oct 06, 2019, 04:40 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
GoAround's Avatar
Anybody know of a decent after market frame that will give better component protection but without going crazy on weight? I'm in the UK so can order from Banggood or European/UK places.

This is the best thing I have managed to find so far https://www.banggood.com/11_5g-Duckb...r_warehouse=CN

Since my FC stopped working (I assume it was the wet grass), I have conformal coated everything and am awaiting a replacement FC. I chose this https://uk.banggood.com/20x20mm-Beta...r_warehouse=UK as it has UK delivery, is a good price and looks like it just needs some main cable pins swapped round. The VTX is playing up terribly as well. I think it's because the shielding on the dipole has sheared but my attempts to repair it made it worse! I will probably just get one of these https://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/p...amp-telemetry/ as I have had great success with the non-mini one and like MMCX a billion times more than U.FL. Probably going to replace the camera with a Runcam 2 Nano.

It's turning into the broom with 2 new handles and 3 new heads but that's the fun of the hobby when you have the weather we have in the UK at the moment ...
Oct 07, 2019, 07:22 AM
Aaron Test
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando
i have 2 pid profiles active..
one with very low pids, and one with stock pids.. (for testing purposes)
have not tried 2 rate profiles, but ti think 2 pid profiles means you could have 2 rate profiles to..

how do you select them?
They are next to the PID profile drop downs in the PIDs tab. I usually assign them to a switch, the values are pretty close together.
Oct 07, 2019, 12:47 PM
Aaron Test
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround
Anybody know of a decent after market frame that will give better component protection but without going crazy on weight? I'm in the UK so can order from Banggood or European/UK places.

This is the best thing I have managed to find so far https://www.banggood.com/11_5g-Duckb...r_warehouse=CN
Given most toothpick frames are designed for AIO FC&ESC or 16x16mm stacks you might find there's not a lot of choice out there for 20x20. There's lots to choose from in the 2.5 class but you will probably be over 20g in weight.

Really keen to see what you end up buying. It's always good to know what the alternatives are.
Oct 08, 2019, 02:45 PM
Aaron Test
For those looking for a little more protection they have released a cover/hood for the camera and vtx
https://m.banggood.com/Eachine-Tyro6...l?rmmds=search
Oct 08, 2019, 03:22 PM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
GoAround's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Teat
For those looking for a little more protection they have released a cover/hood for the camera and vtx
https://m.banggood.com/Eachine-Tyro6...l?rmmds=search
You are a star! I'm tempted to just get one of these as that is the bulk of the protection I want and it will save the weight of another frame. All hangs on the health of the VTX or being able to find a replacement that is no bigger than the original.

Here is the non-mobile link: https://www.banggood.com/Eachine-Tyr...r_warehouse=CN
Oct 09, 2019, 04:54 AM
Can't fly 3D for toffee ...
GoAround's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAround
All hangs on the health of the VTX or being able to find a replacement that is no bigger than the original.
OK, quoting myself ...

I have just pulled the camera off and tried it on another VTX and it seems completely acceptable for the intended use. I'm not sure it was giving it's best on the maiden. The VTX is either not working or it's just that I can't make the dipole work correctly since the shielding sheared.

I'm going to buy the Eachine Nano VTX as it has a UF.L connector. Not the best connector but I'd rather have that than the soldered arrangement and the extra power could come in handy now and again.

So, new VTX and the extra protection canopy should see me back in the air cheaply. Pity about the FC but, like I think I already said, it has encouraged me to conformal coat the F7 and F4 stacks on my 5" and 3" so has, in a man maths way, been worth it!

Edit: VTX and protection canopy ordered ...
Last edited by GoAround; Oct 09, 2019 at 05:15 AM.
Oct 12, 2019, 03:35 PM
RC-addicted
Serge Roth's Avatar
I have finally replaced the cam with a Runcam Nano2, and behold, I'm no longer flying on another planet, with yellow sky and purple grass.
No idea, if all of them are like that, but mine was GARBAGE.
Oct 15, 2019, 05:15 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
fastmax's Avatar
My Tyro69 just arrived. I'll get started with the build hopefully this evening. Hoping I don't have the same camera issues you had. I'll report back soon.
Oct 16, 2019, 07:07 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
fastmax's Avatar
Finished the build. Raining here all day, so only been able to fly it in the house so far. Colors seem alright on my camera, but the image certainly isn't as sharp as my Caddx Firefly, or the AKK A5's in my other micros. Seems like it's gonna be pretty zippy on 2S though. Hopefully get a chance to fly it outside tomorrow afternoon.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Eachine Falcon 180 Mini FPV Racer From Eachine, Quanum Outlaw 180 Killer? Dinamo Mini Multirotor Drones 902 Nov 10, 2017 04:51 AM
Mini-Review Eachine Blade 185 - Best Eachine 180-ish size, or "back to the lab" again? (review) SoloProFan Mini Multirotor Drones 32 Mar 20, 2017 03:18 AM
Discussion Eachine Racer 250 binding to Eachine i6 transmitter steman83 Beginner Multirotor Drones 16 Nov 05, 2016 12:35 AM
Discussion Eachine Racer 250 to Eachine Falcon 250 HyperCams Mini Multirotor Drones 0 Apr 19, 2016 07:23 PM
New Product Eachine X6 SeByDocKy Mini Multirotor Drones 270 Jan 18, 2016 12:41 AM