This thread is privately moderated by chyorn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 13, 2019, 09:27 PM
Trader Rating: 300
Adam Stallcup
Thread OP
Sold

NGH 30cc 4 stroke

I got this from a guy recently with the thought that I would use it as I have another one of them and I love it. I have decided to go a different route so it is back on the chopping block.

The Good: Very clean looking engine. Turns over smooth with strong compression just like my other one.

The not so good: Has a broken fin behind the spark plug; I assume that because it is such a tight fit with the spark plug socket as mine was rather difficult to put a plug in it, so I can see how the fin would break if you weren't very careful.

For some reason the guy cut a little bit off the end of the crank shaft. Not sure why though. See picture and make sure it is long enough for your application. The muffler fell off in flight on one of the first flights by the previous owner. Do not use the stock muffler; they are trash. You will need to get a new exhaust header though and buy a saito fg21 muffler for $38. With a small tap/di combo you can make a nice looking muffler by drilling and tapping the inlet on the saito muffler, and then drill the outlet out a bit. I have this set up on mine and with an apc 16-8 and I get 7500rpm at full power and 1700 at idle. The engine is rated from 1800 to 8400. The previous owner made a muffler pipe out of aluminum stock. This came loose and appears to have messed up a few threads inside the head. I think that you can run a tap down inside and clean up the threads pretty easy and there would be plenty of threads left over to hold the new muffler in place.

This engine is sold as is where is how is with no warranty expressed in any way. I have tried to tell you everything I know about it. Feel free to ask me anything.

$140 shipped. Obo
Last edited by chyorn; Aug 14, 2019 at 06:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply