Sep 24, 2019, 02:20 PM
Oleg Golovidov
Still hoping to find a room/car partner...

--
to remove ads between posts
Sep 28, 2019, 11:12 PM
Camber down and screw it up.
Tommy, those are some AWESOME pictures. Some of the best I've seen from an event posted here at rcg. The next best thing to being there. Great action shots, and I like the shots of the birds, too. Thanks for posting those, and hopefully, you'll get more from Sunday ?

--
Greg
Sep 28, 2019, 11:29 PM
Thanks Greg. I’m sorry I’ll have to miss the Sunday competition. I already had family plans for something else. I don’t know the current standings of the pilots but there has to be several near the top. Tomorrow may have some hero or zero flights for the ultra competitors.
Sep 29, 2019, 09:00 AM
Tom,

Fantastic pictures. You’ve got the photographer’s gift. It was great to see you again. I was amazed to hear about your 11 days of r/c soaring at the Nats! That’s keepin’ the dream alive, my brother.

Reid
Sep 29, 2019, 10:02 AM
Team Hello Kitty
Weather at airport (https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/getobext.php?sid=klmo) that is 5mi WNW of the field looks like fog. Oops. Hope it clears up soon, guys.
Sep 29, 2019, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoaringDude
Weather at airport (https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/getobext.php?sid=klmo) that is 5mi WNW of the field looks like fog. Oops. Hope it clears up soon, guys.
Yeah, and headed for a high of 87°F today, winds 10-15MPH in the afternoon. Should be some good soaring!

--
Greg
Sep 29, 2019, 06:54 PM
Fly-off results??
Sep 29, 2019, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreisinger
Fly-off results??
The suspense is killing us! Even not knowing the number in the flyoffs is killing us. Even knowing that some of them are eating the best Mexican food in the country right now is killing us!

--
Greg
Sep 30, 2019, 08:52 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdouglas
Tommy, those are some AWESOME pictures. Some of the best I've seen from an event posted here at rcg. The next best thing to being there. Great action shots, and I like the shots of the birds, too. Thanks for posting those, and hopefully, you'll get more from Sunday ?

--
Greg
Those were not just birds.. We had a Bald Eagle and his/her immature do a low flyby for the pilot meeting, then they flew around us for a few minutes and landed in the middle of the flight line. We found some feathers out there so they must have come to enjoy breakfast...

Great pics...
Jim
Sep 30, 2019, 08:58 AM
Thread OP
OK - flyoff results are uploaded, a combination of plan and brain fade was the cause. I did not upload right after computing so the results stayed private until the awards, but by then teardown was in progress and I never got back to it...

They also need a bit of explanation. We had a request to allow the junior pilot, Dan Estingoy to participate for the experience, even though he did not make the flyoffs. All of the pilots agreed that would be OK, but the tour bonus points will be based with NOT counting Daniel. Chris will adjust that as he enters the Tour scores.

More yo follow as I recover.
Jim
Sep 30, 2019, 09:07 AM
Round 2 of the fly-offs has got to have some interesting stories. Hope someone will tell them.
Dick
Sep 30, 2019, 11:43 AM
Lover of fast slope gliders!
Really wished I coulda made this one. Someone please enlighten us on what happened on round 2 of the flyoffs?!???
Sep 30, 2019, 11:50 AM
excelling at mediocrity

Observations from the gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DProseus
Round 2 of the fly-offs has got to have some interesting stories. Hope someone will tell them.
Dick
I saw guys flying very close to the ground....

I saw guys hiking great distances...

I saw guys clawing for their last chance to gain altitude...

I saw one guy crush the field.

Quick Reply