Aug 13, 2019, 07:45 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

And yes, just another Lidl glider converted to flying wing

Hi !

The Lidl glider is a wonderful stuff. I have been waiting for more than one year that it comes out again. Surprise one day ! Bought 2 of them, one as a toy for my son, the other for adaptation.

I wanted an easy cheap and very solid conversion with the material that I had (very cheap and small servos).

I just bought a 1106 6000 kV motor because I wanted a small 3 inch prop (less air resistance when not turning while gliding).

It flies not bad at all, even with wind, and quite slow (I wanted that).

And it can glide because very light (180 gr with 2S 300mh).

I may use it for slow close to the ground FPV.

Note : used my 3d printer for motor support and servos attachment.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2019, 09:41 AM
Well done.

It doesnt look like you had to move the wing around any on the body even, just Knife..tail..chop..Plank Wing!

I bet that boy will be wanting you to rc-ify his plane too soon.
Aug 13, 2019, 10:02 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetepTrun
Well done.

It doesnt look like you had to move the wing around any on the body even, just Knife..tail..chop..Plank Wing!

I bet that boy will be wanting you to rc-ify his plane too soon.
Thanks a lot ! Sorry : no video (I have no camera).

Yeah, I wanted the less hassle when building this. Chop, glue, done !

I just forgot that a wing needs a reflex to fly correctly (otherwise, the CG was never right). I glued depron strips and now it flies.

Actually, I may soon install a CC3D FC like I did on other wings.
This helps so much on light models when there's wind. And then, it's easier for a kid to fly it (he's not even 4, so he will wait a bit).

PS : I first put the motor on the top of body, but that did not work despite the angle. Anyway, at the rear, it's perfect.

This plane is undestructible (crashed so many times while making test flights).
Aug 16, 2019, 10:20 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
Nice

Quick Reply