Aug 13, 2019, 06:21 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Mobile milking drone

I need a system where a drone can identify free range cattle on my farm. It must be able to read a license plate on the side of the cattle and keep a record of when they were milked... their details etc. I have a lot of property and I prefer not have to move them around, hence this decision. Ideally a quad copter that could intercept them and begin pumping. I have some others ideas, such as a tranq pistol mounted, but not sure if this would be legal? Mainly if the cows put up a struggle with the device attached to them.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2019, 01:31 PM
CSU Chico, Flight Club
I can totally build this system for you I have all necessary skills and education. I work for the USAF on a stealth bomber/drone right now, of the 5000 lbs class. Its not fully classified but I still cant discuss it much.

Further bona fides can be provided if desired. IARC, EE and Mechatronics degree and so on.

I can meet all functional requirements you describe, I estimate program cost to be 1.7 to 2.2 million and 20-40k USD per drone at approximately 15lbs flight wet-mass. Several drones will likely be needed one or more ground drones as well. 100k USD for initial proposal, 500k USD in escrow until first operating drone, after that the remainder of the contract will be paid.

The term " alot of property" limits further estimates, please elaborate. Distance from launch to furthest fence line dictates consideration as well.
Last edited by Test Pilot Mafia; Aug 13, 2019 at 01:45 PM.
Sep 06, 2019, 08:06 AM
I can offer a high capacity lifting drone and milking/reproduction factory all-in-one. The cow is airlifted, blindfolded (brainwashing optional*), milked or inseminated and placed anywhere on your property with an acuracy of approx. 10ft.

*It either 'reprograms' the cow to a more obedient animal or... there's a tiny chance it wipes out the entire brain. Earlier tests where funny but lethal. We called it mad cow disease in our local pub but the media picked it up and the term went viral.
Sep 06, 2019, 06:10 PM
Sent by Touch Typing

Quick Reply