Oct 10, 2019, 07:29 PM
MK
MK
Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that it wasn't organ failure!

(I wonder if he's swearing at the medical staff in the hospital? )
to remove ads between posts
Oct 11, 2019, 04:43 AM
AMA 1242

petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk
thanks for the update! Glad to hear that it wasn't organ failure!

(i wonder if he's swearing at the medical staff in the hospital? :d)
most likely giving them hell !!!!!!! Great to hear he's doing better.
Last edited by jerseyhank; Oct 11, 2019 at 04:44 AM. Reason: a
Oct 11, 2019, 07:48 PM
Hey guys another Petey update. Today he told me that they will hopefully send him home on this coming Wednesday as long as all goes well. His arm is still swollen from the iv so they need to keep checking it every day for now and a few other things that they are watching. He sounds great , feels a bit better, and says hes getting his color back. Sounds like a few more stents in the near future too to enable the bypass surgery at a future date.
Oct 12, 2019, 03:32 AM
AMA 1242

petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoreglue
Hey guys another Petey update. Today he told me that they will hopefully send him home on this coming Wednesday as long as all goes well. His arm is still swollen from the iv so they need to keep checking it every day for now and a few other things that they are watching. He sounds great , feels a bit better, and says hes getting his color back. Sounds like a few more stents in the near future too to enable the bypass surgery at a future date.
sounds good !!!!!!!!!!
Oct 14, 2019, 01:59 PM
To Infinity and Beyond

Neat plane fuse parts complete

The fuse, canopy and tail feathers complete. Started the wings. Might make a good tow plane Al..........if it flies.
Last edited by FPVJOCKEY; Oct 14, 2019 at 02:08 PM.
Oct 16, 2019, 08:42 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Hey Al, what's your opinion on people chasing the tow plane with FPV? One of my winter fpv builds I have an option to 3d print nacelles to change it from a pusher to a tractor twin.

Also still agree with mike that we need to design/bash together some ridiculously tough craft for you to fly next year. A banshee or a twinsu might be tough as hell and have the hops you want. Lot of ideas.
Oct 16, 2019, 08:47 AM
No problemo...
I remember when Tom tried chasing Al with his FPV "Lobsta Mahwler". It didn't go well - he kept losing sight of it and I believe he ultimately made a hole with it when he lost perspective (gotta be hard when you lose orientation).

Rob
Oct 16, 2019, 09:01 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
Yeah the only way I'd even consider trying it fpv is if I have a ton of fpv stick time in combat or streamer type flights in the intervening year. If nothing else I could fly it LOS while the DVR on my goggles on the ground recorded footage of the attempts to score a cut.

Because make no mistake, fpv dogfighting is coming, I watched prototypes doing sonic FPV combat at night at triple tree last weekend, it was insane and awesome.
Oct 16, 2019, 10:39 AM
Kit Manufacturer
The guys here in Massachusetts are doing FPV streamer combat already. They are also using an autonomous streamer plane flying a pattern. but they are also only chasing it with a few planes since video frequencies are limited

FPVEPPCom28 Sterling Field 2019-10-05 (1 min 2 sec)
Oct 16, 2019, 01:30 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
I remember when Tom tried chasing Al with his FPV "Lobsta Mahwler". It didn't go well - he kept losing sight of it and I believe he ultimately made a hole with it when he lost perspective (gotta be hard when you lose orientation).

Rob
Yes, I was using a fixed camera, in hindsight I know know I should have used at least pan head tracking. Chasing with a quad, rather than a fixed wing would be the easiest, it's just the year before, my quad was 1MPH slower than the tow plane!

Quick Reply